Valentines Babies, 2013!

wamommy---I wish I would know for sure! I know I'm having gas bubbles, but sometimes it feels like gas bubbles when I know I'm not gassy! :haha: So, it probably is baby, but I really just can't wait for that reassurance that I know for sure it's baby! :)

Glitterandbug-I'm so sorry you're getting the headaches, too! They are horrible! :(

Oh and the only way I can describe movement is like fluttery gas bubbles, like little 'pops' :thumbup: Can't wait til they're more regular and feel them everyday!

hav a great time blue bear! i am with you girls on the headaches, urgh. this last week has been bad for them. it has been supr ot here so i was blaming that but maybe its just the latest stage for us? hoping it passes soon. i have avoided taking paracetamol so far but it is rough. am going to drink extra water today and hope i dont get one again today. good luck avoiding yours girls.

dreams going into overdive too.

For the headaches I've found a cool towel or flannel on my forehead and a little lie down helps. Also in the UK you can get these compresses that are cool and really help. They are called 4head.

Wow, I didn't realize headaches were so common at this stage! I'm so sorry you're all having to deal with this too :(

Blue-bear, enjoy your appointment! So fun :)

I'm nervous as heck tonight. When I was at my OB last time she did a skin check along with the rest of my physical. I have a lot of moles, like a ton, and I don't get them checked every 6 months to a year like I'm supposed to. My OB found a couple that she said were "very concerning." Tomorrow morning I go to see a dermatologist to have him look at them and probably biopsy them :( I'm pretty afraid of it all. Never mind the pregnant lady standing in her underwear while a doctor checks every inch of her skin (embarrassing!!!!) but I'm terrified that one of the moles may be "bad". Sigh... I guess it's better to know than not to?

Sorry to vent a bit, just scared tonight! As if pregnancy doesn't come with enough of its own worries!

good luck wamommy, its great you are getting such attntion though, if they find anything suspicious it can be dealt with swiftly. i think my sister in law had to have a couple of moles removed or sorted out as they were suspicious. it will all be fine, and wasnt a big deal. they are being cautious. but you are right, like us pregnant ladies need any more worries!!?
it will be over soon xx

i had a big pulling sensation in my tummy as i sat diwn last night. high up by my belly button. i am secrtly worrying it was some sort of placental rippage?! ovr the top perhaps...but it was so sharp and sudden and shrot. no bleeding though so i am trying to not worry. trying!..

just survived a belated birthday party for my 2 and 4 year olds. we had builders here last month so couldnt do it then, plus i felt so awful in july! there were no games, just 8 kids playing on a trampoline and paddling pool etc, but quite tiring! fed them hot dogs and banana splits and gave th grown ups bread cheese and salad. now for a quiet afternoon!!

Blue-bear--so exciting that you have an appointment---I hope it goes well! Report back! :)

About the headaches---my sister said she got them, too---she said taking a Tylenol (or other pregnancy-approved pain reliever) and drinking a glass of Coca-Cola helped her. (Her midwife says the caffeine in the coke opens up blood vessels in your head which get the pain to go away). I think I might try that for the next bad headache. (I still have a bit of "leftover pain" from Sunday's headache, but not bad enough to merit any action).

wamommy--keep us updated! I'm sorry you have more to worry about. Hopefully they'll have a quick fix if any are considered "bad". (My mother had a few "bad" ones, and they just removed them and she's fine!)

helena---no bleeding is a good sign. It sounds like it was probably just major round ligament pain! Crazy how bad it hurts sometimes! I hope it's no more than that for you!

Glad the birthday party went well---that's a lot of work!! Take a nap today---you deserve it!

I still can't get over my fatigue. It's been super bad lately (like literally, I work 8-5, then sit on the couch until I go to bed. :( ) DH and I are going to try to take a bike ride tonight to see if that helps---we're wondering if I need mor exercise to energize myself. I hope it works! I feel like I'm wasting my pre-baby time! And poor DH, I just feel like I give him hardly any attention. :( I'm so tired and uncomfortable most of the time that I just want to either lie on the couch by myself or watch tv with him. We're in the same room, but I feel we don't "connect" much anymore because I'm so exhausted. Anyone else feel like they're neglecting DH? :( I know he understands, but I wish I could be more "loving and doting". :( Let's home the exercise helps!

oh i feel like a pretty rubbish wife too! i am ok by day but come 7pm i am done and i also sit like a sack of potatos on the sofa. i usually manage to make dinner these days beyond throwing in a frozen pizza, so there is some improvement but i still feel a bit of a let down when DH is cleaning up the kitchen then working on renovating the downstairs of our house and sorting the washing too, while i sit!! still no sexy action here either, bed is for sleep! i am also so nervous of upsetting things in there. i read n tri 2 of a girl who got regular contractions after sex and was so worried about baby. i must look for an update on her post. but the thought terrifies me! DH doesnt seem to mind at all so i shouldnt worry, but i feel i should be at least slightly more affetionate that a quick kiss as i literally doze off!!

I still can't get over my fatigue. It's been super bad lately (like literally, I work 8-5, then sit on the couch until I go to bed. :( ) DH and I are going to try to take a bike ride tonight to see if that helps---we're wondering if I need mor exercise to energize myself. I hope it works! I feel like I'm wasting my pre-baby time! And poor DH, I just feel like I give him hardly any attention. :( I'm so tired and uncomfortable most of the time that I just want to either lie on the couch by myself or watch tv with him. We're in the same room, but I feel we don't "connect" much anymore because I'm so exhausted. Anyone else feel like they're neglecting DH? :( I know he understands, but I wish I could be more "loving and doting". :( Let's home the exercise helps!

Yes! I feel like I'm neglecting my DH too. I'm just so tired most of the time that I don't have the energy to really interact with anyone. I spend most of the time at home just lying on the couch reading. Plus, I go to bed early, so I miss out on time with him there, too. We used to be night owls together, but my work schedule changed and then I got pregnant...so I go to bed at about 10pm, and he doesn't come to bed until around 4am most nights.

Had my ultrasound today! Both babies were kicking up a storm, waving their little legs and arms, and flipping around. It was awesome! They're both doing great, heart rates of 157 and 158 bpm, measuring right on track. The ultrasound tech said she thinks it might be a boy and a girl, but it's still early, and they weren't in great positions to see a lot of detail.

The photos they gave us are pretty poor quality, but you can see how big they've gotten!

Attachments

• 14w5dA.jpg
    14w5dA.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 14w5dB.jpg
    14w5dB.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 4
WOW DragonflyWing!! That's awesome news! :happydance: It really is amazing, isn't it? I'm so glad things went well, and they're getting huge!

Blue_bear, how did your scan go? Can't wait to hear!

I went to the dermatologist today and they took 3 biopsies. He said they couldn't do more than 3 because insurance would consider it "cosmetic" and not cover it. What a load of hooey, I say!! I have to go back in 6 months to have the others done, but the majorly worrisome 3 were removed for testing. I'm sure it's fine, I'm just such a worrier by nature that a little life inside me is really about all that I can handle... anything more and I go bonkers!

Oh, and I hear ALL of you on neglecting DH. I'm with Helena, in that I've had a couple of losses and am scared that it will hurt the baby. We haven't dtd since my bfp!! Haha, poor guy. Usually our toddlers are enough of an excuse not to be able to make time, but at some point I assume his feelings will be hurt, lol.

Oh my goodness Dragon!!!! Sooooo cute! If I were to ever have twins, I thought a girl and boy would be just wonderful! :) I'm so happy that everything is looking so good!!

wamommy--fx'd that everything comes out fine! Keep us updated!

Blue_bear---thinking about you and hoping you have wonderful news from you appointment!

Glad I'm not the only one neglecting DH! I'm also glad to hear that I'm not the only one spending the majority of my time on the couch! :haha:

Sorry for late update, had a very stressful morning in the end. MW couldnt find the heartbeat...she insisted she thought everything was still ok and its just too early and sent me on my way.
I broke down when i got home, how was i supposed to wait until the 3 rd oct for my next scan?! The not knowing. So i begged DH and we agreed it was worth paying for a private one.
Got in straight away and imediately saw my wiggly baby! That reassurance was worth every penny. Amazing to see how much it had grown too. Dh and i both thought girl when we came out so we might ask at 20week scan after all but im still not sure, i just couldnt help looking!

Thank you to everyone thinking of me! Xx

Oh, thank goodness, Blue_bear!! How scary! I'm so glad you and your DH decided to get a scan, and that all is well with the wiggly one :) Maybe it was meant to be that you see your bubs today!

dragon , great san pics! congratulations. ooh i couldnt help but have a 20 week scan, i am so impatient! i bet you do!..a girl and a boy on the cards is exciting. but no doubt any combo and you will be over th moon.
blue bear, wow what a scary experience! did you tell the first woman that you had a private scan and saw baby? i would, so she can put it in her notes. and learn to practice more!! lol. glad it worked out great.

i didnt have a headache yesterday and decidedit is definatley linked to caffeine. the day i didnt have any i got my headache. i made sure to have tea yesterday and i was fine despit it being hot hot hot and having a kids party here. so today i wil have atleast 2 teas.

have a great day all xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->