Valentines Babies, 2013!

Oh, Sierra, I would have been SO annoyed! We don't see DH's mother often, and she hasn't seen the babies at all...but my mom visited for a week last month, and it seemed like she was careful not to give unwanted advice (to me, at least. She drove DH completely nuts when I was out of earshot :haha:) or do things I asked her not to. If she didn't live 1000 miles away, I can see her being the "know it all" type of grandma.

As it is, only a few people have visited, but we have made them wear surgical masks and gloves if they want to hold the babies (the neonatologist in the NICU suggested that), and they only stayed for a short while. We finally got the go-ahead from the doctor today to start taking the babies out to meet family and friends, although she cautioned us against crowded places like Walmart. She said they absolutely can't be around anyone who is sick until they are at least 6 months old. I'm just glad they can start meeting their family!

Here are some pictures from this past weekend: Gunnar looking like a big boy in his Easter outfit, and Lilja holding her head up like a big girl :D

Attachments

• Gunnar033113.jpg
    Gunnar033113.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Lilja032913.jpg
    Lilja032913.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 9
Beautiful pictures dragon!
I guess the rules for preemie babies are so different when it comes to going out? K has been visiting out boys' school since 9 days old! lol. she is on her second cold already. But she is fine :)

I meant to add that in K's room she also has a nightlight which I have on all night that makes the sound of waves crashing on the beach :) I don't think she is used to silence. We also have a second little light from ikea which changes color and we have that on when she is less easy to settle too. Anything to try and distract her fom crying :)

She fed just once again last night. Last feed at 10pm, night feed at 3 and day started at 6.50. I am happy with that :)

Glad to hear the mil.stuff is normal! But I still hate it! Part of the problem too is that she texts every day asking for a picture of him! I send pictures almost every day anyways but if I.don't, she'll text : "ready for my daily pic!" Ooooo it bothers me so much! It just feels so controlling to me! I feel a little evil, but I don't send her one sometimes when she does that! Lol and an hour after we left her house on Sunday, she texts asking how he's doing in the car. I didn't text back because I was so furious- so then yesterday she called and left me a voicemail asking about the car ride. I refused to answer or call back. She doesn't need to know every detail of our life just because she has a grandson now! Grrr! Part of the problem I think is because she forced some decisions that were against my beliefs into our wedding a couple years ago- so badly that I almost left Dh because of it. She's super controlling and I am very wary of anyone who tries to control me.... sigh... but she's really cool when it's not a wedding or a grandchild! Lol

Helena, Camden doesn't sleep in quiet either- has to have a fan going at night and music during the day! That's cool about the color lamp- I've tried to get Cam to like different color changing toys and whatnot, but he cries at anything like that!

Dragon- the twins are so precious! And getting so big! I can't believe Lilja is holding her head up so well! That's terrific!

After two weeks of Camden not napping during the day (he was awake for 7 hours straight yesterday) and crying when hes awake mostly, i finally decided I needed some help. Called the doctor and they think he is lactose intolerant and is in pain and uncomfortable- which causes him not to sleep (he arches his back when he cries and pulls his legs to his chest and cries until he's purple :( so, they're having me stop eating dairy to see if that helps. If he doesn't get better in a few days, they'll see him for reflux or see if there is something else wrong. I feel so badly for him, and really hope we find the answers soon- it's so exhausting! :(

Hello everyone,

Havent been in a while, so much to catch up with but I have to make it quick baby girl is keeping me busy.She had a bug at 6weeks and was covered in a rash all over her body that made her skin as rough as sandpaper.And then she had swollen eyes!!!Poor thing has even learnt to scratch!!!

The GP says the rash and and swollen eyes are an infection.She has been on antibiotics and was on a poo strike for 4 days.The she finally had bowel movement today....I have never been so happy at seeing poo!!!She is geeting better.and now I am dreading the immunisations on the 4th!!!

Oh Km, swollen eyes!? Oh how worrying and strange! Glad she is on the mend.

K has started to poo less frequently but oh my! - When she does go it escapes several sides of the diaper. It's incredible!..

Little hints at personality emerging, I lay her down earlier while I made lunch and she did the most dramatic sob sob sob type cry, like heart broken. She then just stopped, maybe when i carried on making my sandwich, and as if by magic the heart was fixed, and she was happily just looking abut. Little drama queen!?...:)

Oh yes the constant contact can do me in too. Sometimes MiL has called at the weekend before we have even got dressed. And they are a hour behind us and don't have little boys waking them at6....

Thanks Helena! Glad it's not just me! Haha! But sorry you have to deal with it too!

Kim, that sounds horrible! I'm sorry lo has been so sick! :( hope she gets better quickly!

Sorry about the lactose thing Sierra, hopefully it is just a windy phase that will pass, it's tough for you too! X

https://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv218/helena1977/Snapbucket/th_682606F5.jpg
Kiara today

Hello, all :D

Dragon, the twins are beautiful! I can't believe how big they are. It seems like yesterday that they were born!

Sierra, I can't imagine how much the MIL situation would bother me. I also hate feeling controlled, and would be very resistant to it! I sometimes wish my family was MORE involved, lol... but I'm sure there's a happy medium. The kissing on the lips thing would really bug me, since we're pretty germaphobic. Luckily, our friends all know that, and ask to wash their hands or use sanitizer first thing when they come over!

Kim, I hope Brianna is feeling better! How scary :( Poor thing.

Helena, can you come to my house and teach Max to sleep?? :haha: Nights are still a challenge here. We use a white noise machine, but he just wakes over and over and then stays up an hour at each wake. The bad thing is, he sleeps all day! I wish I could flip it around. I'm thinking about keeping him awake this evening, even if he protests. Mama needs some sleep!!

Helena, I'm seeing personality emerge too! It's so fun. Max rarely cries, and gives a ton of puppy-like whimpers beforehand to try to get what he needs. He almost fights crying. That makes it SO sad when he cries out. It's almost a desperate wail. In the night I try to get to him before he reaches a full-on cry because I just can't take it! Also sometimes I'll be holding him, doing something else and I'll look down and he's staring at me cooing and smiling away. He's such a sweet boy!

Does anyone know how to post a picture with that "spoiler" button? DH doesn't want me to post a pic, but I really want to!!

Here's Max! :cloud9:

https://img109.imageshack.us/img109/5836/firstsmilemediummobile.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Awww gorgeous Helena!

Hi wamommy! Sorry to hear Max still is having problems sleeping at night- I think keeping him awake in the evening is a good idea- let us know how it goes! Not sure how to do the spoiler thing.... sorry! I will try to post a picture sometime soon.. when I'm not typing away on my phone ;)

Oh he is so smiley!!! Adorable, he really is a very good looking baby ! Lovely colouring. and hair! Looks older than Kiara . She needs hair to help her look less frog like! Lol xx

Thanks, ladies! <3 He looks just like his Daddy. My girls both have blonde hair and one has hazel, the other blue eyes! Needless to say, DH was very happy to see a lot of himself in Max.

Helena, both of my girls were practically bald until about 1 year! I think it's adorable :) Also, strangers thought they were SO advanced because they looked younger than they were. "Wow!" they'd say. "She's saying 'Mama' already at her age? So advanced!" Haha. I never corrected them.

Max is adorable! He could be a model!

All of your babies are gorgeous ladies. Growing up so quick!

I think people see Olivia as older than she is because of all of her hair. She never looked like a newborn really. Not even when she came out! Sometimes I think 8 weeks sounds so old, but so young at the same time. All I know is, time is going by very quickly! Apart from when she's crying :haha: then it stands still!

Very conscious that I'm not around much but I am reading what's been happening, promise!

I have some issues with MIL too. She calls Olivia "my little girl" as in hers :growlmad: she's MINE! She also rushes to pick her up when she cries, even if I want to wait for 2 seconds because sometimes she does a little pretend cry as she's falling asleep. Also, she'll tell me that Olivia has finished her bottle when I'm feeding her! I just want to reply with "you know I'm sat here with the bottle in my hand right!?" :trouble: MILs!

Ooh MILs can be so annoying! Can't they remember being a new mum? Lets make a pact to remember how we feel and not inflict the same one day!...I had my MIL rush to pick the baby up when crying once, drives me mad, instant blood boil. And she stood holding a screaming K for a couple of minutes, rocking her, bouncing her...just give her to mummy!! I is almost like she wanted to prove she still had "it". Well I a, sorry but I am the special one my baby needs when she is sad. So ner......ooh, childish, me? Maybe, but it can all drive me insane.

4.30am feed time here. Yaaawn..zzzz

Exactly. And my MIL has the same song that she sings to O. Every time. I even have it pop up in my dreams now! Arrrrrrrggghhh!

I wonder if we'll be worse though :shock:

My sister and I were talking about our children's weddings the other day and how we will probably end up interfering more than our parents and parents in laws, even though our intention is to obviously be the coolest parents ever :haha:

We shall see I guess! However, we have a long wait as Olivia is not allowed to gt married until she is 42 :rofl:

Oh yes MIL here has a song too. In the most squeaky voice....unfortunately my sons have grown up liking it....aaaaaaargh!....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->