Valentines Babies, 2013!

Good thinking. It was 1 year and three days ago that we got our BFP.

Isn't that crazy to think about? Time has sure flown by. Imagine a year from now!! All of our little ones will be running around talking :haha:

OMG, wamommy, Max is so adorable!

Kellen- what a cutie! I can't believe she's in 9 month clothes already?! Lily still fits in most of her newborn clothes, although she's outgrowing some of them and wears a good amount of 0-3 month outfits now. It's weird, because newborn clothes are supposed to be for 5-8 lbs, and Lily is over 12 lbs! She's a little short, though, and is quite round in the middle hehe. Gunnar is in mostly 0-3 months, but fits in a few 3-6 month outfits. He's much longer than his sister but doesn't have as much of a belly.

helena- I'm surprised K is only at the 25th percentile for height, look at those long legs! She's so very cute :)

Lily and Gunnar still have the same blue eyes they were born with. Anyone know when they reach their permanent color for sure? As for hair, Gunnar's is platinum blonde, but there's not much of it. Lily just has fuzz...not even sure what color it is, it's too short to tell! I think dark blonde, though. I love rubbing their heads, they're so fuzzy lol. I will have to get some new pictures now that they're almost 6 months old.

Good call on the thread title change :D. I also got by BFP one year and 3 days ago. I still remember how shocked I was. Actually, I think I still have the positive test! :haha:

Don't worry, Dragonfly, I still have my positive tests too! Embarrassingly, they're in a ziploc bag because I have quite a few :blush: After 2 losses I wanted to watch that line get nice and dark!

Our appointment went well today. Max was super tired and really fussy, so I had to convince the Doctor that he really is a mellow guy! He handled the shot like a champ (no crying!) but HATED having his tummy pushed on and cried :( He weighed in at 16 pounds exactly, and 25 inches. The doctor says he's 75th percentile in both, which sounds about right, since all of my babies have been pretty chunky :rofl: I asked why Max has a dark belly button... I've been scrubbing at it wondering why it's brown! The Doctor said it's the 1/4 Japanese, and that babies with darker skin have dark belly buttons. Who knew?? My girls are so fair like I am, so I've never wondered.

We also got Max's first vaccination today (DTaP) which he is handling well thank goodness! I watched him like a hawk for the first hour to make sure he wouldn't react like his sister, and he seems fine. A bit fussy and fidgety, but fine. Phew. :dance:

I have mine too. Also stored in a ziplock bag. Like you, Wamommy, we got ours after recovering from a loss.

Boo for shots, but huzzah for such a brave little fella. I'm happy to hear that the vaccine doesn't seem to be having any ill affects.

Dragon, I cannot believe that the twins are already 6 months old.

I'm not too surprised that Teagen is tall. Everyone in my family (minus my mom) is substantially tall. We are the short people coming in at 5'6". DH is a tall, lanky fella who is about 6'3". I am hoping Teagen tops out around 5'9" or 10". Any taller and clothes start getting hard to come by.
Right now she has been asleep since 6:30 (almost two hours) and is snuggling with me. Last night she went to bed an hour later than normal and tonight it is an hour earlier. I wish she would make up my mind. lol

Yay well doe Max.

Growth spurt alert here. Kiara is gobbling up her solid food like she hasn't been fed anything in weeks and last night was awake between 4 and 5 then up at 6 ready for the day, bright eyed and bushy tailed and full of big smiles (unlike mummy at 6am).

Food wise she has eaten lots of different things now. I started the firstweek or so on plain one ingredient meals but she wasnt keen on savory things... Until yesterday when I started giving her real food. Lunch was a gazpacho type thing with cooked tomatoes, cucumber, onion and garlic, thickened with baby cereals. Then dinner was blended up version of her brothers meal - lentils, fish, tomatoes, broccoli and carrots. She loved them both!
So I am officially just giving her real tasty food from here on in. It works :)it also ensures I make her brothers proper dinners instead of fish fingers which she can't share (and that my 4 year old wild eat for every meal given the chance)

Don't think I have my test anymore, though I did find a spare IC this morning and it took me right back to the days of desperately looking at a white stick trying to see a line :)

Helena, the food you cook sounds SO yummy and healthy! I feel like a crap Mom for some of the food I feed my girls :blush: I sometimes do what is easiest, and not necessarily the best health-wise. I shall do better!!

Kellen, it sounds like Teagen will end up being tall! I'm 5'8", but the only tall woman in my family. Most are around 5'4". The men have all of the height. My Dad is 6'3" and my brother is 6'4". I really like being on the taller side, so I'm hoping that my kids all catch up or pass me by :D

Dragonflywing, I don't remember when my kids reached their final eye color, but I had a pretty good idea by about 4 months, and I think I was certain by a year. I know they can still change for some after that though, so you never know! My daughter had blue eyes until about 6 months and then they turned hazel :shrug: If the twins both have blue eyes right now, they'll probably stay light. I love blue eyes, and used to pray my own eyes would change to blue when I was a kid. The things we find to worry about :dohh:

Hello ladies! LOVE the pictures! Such adorable little ones!

Been having a few rough days lately---I finally called the doctor today---they are supposed to give me a call back---I think Camden has another UTI, but can't be sure unless they test again. :( Poor little guy. . . :(

On another note---has anyone else not gotten their period back yet? I'm supposed to have an MRI soon but they need it to be during your menstrual cycle. . .which I have no idea when that will come back!

Anyways... .Here's a picture of Camden the other day, playing with "Mr. Turtle". :)

Attachments

• Camden 3771.jpg
    Camden 3771.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 3
Awww, what an adorable picture of Camden! I'm sorry to hear he's not feeling well :(

My period came back pretty much right away, so I'm no help there. Speaking of that, I'm starting to suspect that my postpartum depression symptoms are tied to my menstrual cycle. I've noticed two months in a row that the week leading up to it, I feel AWFUL, but then I feel almost completely normal as soon as my period starts. I feel ok for a week or two, then it starts over again.

I'm so disappointed...I've gained 10 pounds! I got a little too crazy with the junk food, and I rationalized it by telling myself that pumping 50 oz of breast milk was burning 1000 calories a day, so I could eat whatever I want. Apparently not true! I was on Weight Watchers before I got pregnant, and had lost about 55 lbs. I think it's time to get back on that wagon.

Thanks Dragon!

At least you can predict the depression a bit.. if nothing else!!

I have been justifying junk food lately too which hasn't made me gain weight but has prevented me from losing the rest of the baby weight... you'd think we'd not have to worry about weight with breastfeeding! Huh!

Sierra, Camden is so cute! What big eyes. I love the outfit AND the turtle :) I'm so sorry to hear he is in pain again. Poor guy! I really hope they figure out what's causing it.

As for AF, I thought mine had returned on May 24th (the irony of 1-year to the day post-conception was funny to me) but it only lasted 2 days and was SUPER light. A week and a half later she was back for 1.5 days, again super light, and then gone again. What the heck? I guess I'm not back to normal like I'd hoped :(

DragonflyWing, maybe you've developed Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder? That would make so much sense, and in a way it would be awesome just to figure it out so that they could help you! I'm glad that at least you get a couple of weeks of normality. How's it going with the appointment?

As for weight loss, I still have a lingering 10 pounds to lose but have yet to find the motivation to crack down on my diet. I tend to feel like I "earned" treats because I don't sleep or because I just cleaned the whole house, etc. One of these days I'll get around to the last 10 :blush: It doesn't feel good when DH suggests he buy a NutraSystems box for me to help me lose weight.

Oh Wamommy- 10 pounds isn't bad- Dh should realize that! Men! Mine chuckles a bit when I bend over and that extra skin bunches out of my shirt... Grrrr. I'm doing this June ab workout challenge right now. It's kicking my butt. If it doesn't work, I'm giving up! Lol I'm only 7 pounds from pre-pregnancy so I figure I can live with it if needs be! Lol maybe... haha

I am 4 kilos (8.8lbs?) above my pre regnancy weight. It n snt shifting, though tbh I haven't tried yet. Lts of pizza here still....but I have kept a further 4 kilos from my previous baby too...so 8 to go...one day. Lie, you wamommy I feel I deserve treats...after all our babies are only 4 months ish.plenty of time when they are sleeping all through the night!

Life is too short..Xxx

I got my period back this week Sierra. Urgh. Bt it was when I stopped breastfeeding. I think usually it is when you drop night feeds to go 8 hours between feeds?...

Oh wamommy, the food on that day was healthy. More often than not my middle boy wants plain pasta and my big boy wants chips and fish fingers ..and I often go for the easier option too I must say...sometimes it is just about getting calories into them.

Xx

No AF here... yet. All this week I've been crampy and moody, but no physical sign of it yet.

Camden looks like a little charmer. I am very sorry to hear that he isn't feeling well again. I hope the doctors can help figure it all out. He looks very pleased with his turtle.

I have a friend who has a little boy who was born the same day as Teagen (she was also due 2/13/13) who just found out that she is 2 months pregnant. She also has a three year old. She is a much braver person than me. I'm glad that DH and I agreed that BF and it's "98% effectiveness" as BC was not good enough. If we have another LO we have agreed that it will be after Teagen starts to potty train.

6-8lb to go for pre-pregnancy weight here. But my diet has been chalked full of pizza, pasta, chips and sweets so I don't feel too bad. Now that it is summer and we have a garden it is slowly improving. I fit my pre-pregnancy size 4 jeans so I'm good. I noticed that my biceps are building up from lifting a 16lb baby. Now just to get my abs back... Later, when I'm less tired.

My parents have decided to gift us with swimming lessons for Teagen. A local gym/club here starts infant swim lessons at 6 months. I'm pretty excited about this.

Some pictures I thought I'd share :flower:

Attachments

• IMG_20130612_171027.jpg
    IMG_20130612_171027.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20130612_171411.jpg
    IMG_20130612_171411.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20130612_171553.jpg
    IMG_20130612_171553.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20130612_171754.jpg
    IMG_20130612_171754.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 3
Dragon - Thank you for sharing those beautiful pictures. I love the one with the twins looking at each other. They are beginning to look so grown up!

Tomorrow will be an adventure. I have a fairly decent freezer stash built up and I'll be giving around 30oz to a mom in need. She has an adopted little girl who is unable to process formula. I am pretty excited to be able to help a family in need.

Oh my, the twins are too adorable! They seem to have a really similar profile. I also love the pic of them looking at each other. I know I've said it before, but they are so lucky to have each other!! They will never be bored or lonely.

Kellen, that is so awesome that you're donating some of your stash to help a mom in need. I admire that so much, and am admittedly a bit jealous! I think I'm about ready to throw in the towel with nursing/pumping. I've been struggling with decreased supply for a few weeks, and am now down to 4 ounces a day :( My right nipple looks like someone tried to saw it off with a butter knife and I want to scream every time the pump goes on. I find myself dreading pumping sessions so much that I start to get physically sick. My 3-year-old even said the other day "I don't want to be a Mommy." I said, "why not?" Too which she answered, "because I don't want my boobs to be so owie." :( At some point I feel like there are diminishing returns and I should just stop and enjoy my fat little formula-fed baby :shrug:

What are all of your plans for Father's Day?

If its any consolation wamommy my paediatrician said 4 months was great since I have two other kiddos to look after too. She didnt think I should feel guilty about stopping. That helped me, I thought she would disapprove!

I do miss the closeness of breastfeeding but quite enjoy a bit more freedom.

** just corrected my typos, I am so bad on the iPad! Apologies **

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->