Valentines Babies, 2013!

Happy belated birthday Helena :) Glad you had a good day, but sorry the kids are being naughty this morning!

I went to my follow-up appointment with the psychiatrist yesterday...he increased my antidepressant dosage and I have to go back in 3 weeks. If it's not working by then, we might try something else. Also found out he's an Evanescence fan (that's my favorite band), so we spent about 10 minutes talking about their music and the history of the band. I didn't expect to find something in common with a 40 something year old psychiatrist, but it actually made me feel a little more comfortable talking to him.

Helena - I second Sierra's thoughts about how people with older children can have all their children survive into adulthood. It must get so frustrating at times, but then again I suppose it can also be three times as rewarding as well since you have three times the amount of love going around.

Sierra - I loved being able to just go outside and imagine anything I wanted to. And I love the fact that where we live now Teagen will be able to do the same. I hope that you like the looks of the house out in the country. We were approached by our neighbor yesterday who has an additional 6 acres that abutts our property that he wants to sell. There is also a 12 acre piece of property behind us that has a house and several barns that might become available. DH and I have been seriously discussing using his army veteran benefits to get qualified for a loan to buy that property if possible.

Today the 4 Daughters (as my mom likes to call us) are going baby shopping. It is very hot here and Teagen is growing so fast she is running out of summer clothes. Lots of people bought ahead for us at the shower, but we didn't know she would be wearing 9-12 months at 5 months so all of those clothes are for Dec-Feb type weather and rather warm. I have a big sack of clothes that she can no longer fit into so we're going to a really nice baby consignment store that will either give me cash for the clothes or let me swap them for some that fit! My mom is also on the hunt for an exosaucer or some type of activity center for Teagen to play and sit in. Also Target is having a sale on diapers. If I buy 2 boxes I get a $10 Target gift card. They also have sippy cups and whatnot on sale today as well.

Last night DH frustrated me. At around 4am Teagen woke up and started fussing. I then realized she was trying to nurse on her blanket so I had DH bring her to me. She ate really good for 15 minutes and then passed out. Back to her crib she went and settled down without a fuss. 5 minutes later DH looks at the video monitor and jumps out of bed! She had rolled onto her tummy (like normal) but he couldn't see her nose. So he reaches in the crib, wakes the baby up and repositions her. She cried. I buried my head in the pillow. She settled. DH came back to bed. 10 minutes later as I am finally drifting back to sleep he looks over at the monitor and says: "I can't see her nose!" I growled at him and told him to leave it alone or go sleep on the couch if he was so concerned and mentioned that the wiggly baby repositions herself every 30 seconds. We also purposely bought a crib mattress that is breathable even if she squishes her nose into it. He finally settled down and apologized this morning for being an overprotective dad. Love him to death... but don't bug the sleeping baby!

Dragon--that's great that you have something in common with your psychiatrist! I'm sure that helps so much now that you know that!

Kellen--oh I do hope it becomes available for you--that would be lovely to have your own piece of land and so close to family at the same time!

Hooray for baby clothes shopping! How fun! Camden is right on schedule with clothes, if not a bit behind (some 6 month clothing he can fit into, but other than that, he's still wearing 3 month or 3-6 month!)

I have to admit---I would be the same as your DH, running in and checking. . . my poor DH has to calm me down every night because I'm worried about the baby. (DH refused to get a video monitor for this very reason---he was worried I would be checking it all. night. long. So. . we just have a regular monitor, which drives me crazy and I think makes me more paranoid!)

Helena, I'm sorry the boys were being difficult today :( That is so very hard, isn't it? It's such a mixed feeling to be SO irritated with a child (or children) that you at the same time love so fiercely. I find myself yelling in frustration and then instantly feeling so guilty and want to cry. I just keep telling myself, as long as they know I love them everything will work itself out... even on the crazy days. I hope they're better tomorrow and that you get a nice break this evening!

Dragonfly, I'm glad you had a follow up appointment! It's so nice that there are people actually managing your care now. I hope your meds work, and I'm glad you connected with your psychiatrist. It's so important to be comfortable with your doc. I saw a shrink for YEARS after having cancer because my parents thought there would be long-lasting emotional effects. I loved her so much that it made me want to go into that field.

You ladies who grew up in the country are so lucky! I'm a city girl, but my parents often took us camping and sent us to camp so that we could experience and explore nature. Now that I have kids I'm struggling to find safe ways to do that with them where I live. Like you, Sierra, we don't have much of a yard. We can't even get a family dog (not that I want the responsibility right now anyway) because we don't have anywhere for it to run! I take the girls to the park almost every day, but their very favorite place is a national park around where I live where you can hike in a half mile or so, and they throw rocks into a stream. Who knew finding bugs under rocks could be so entertaining? :haha: If we could move to the country I'd consider it for their sake, but I do love where we live too.

:rofl: Sierra, I know what you mean... I stopped using a monitor with Max, but was addicted to it with the girls. I find it's WAY more useful when they get a little older and I need to see if they are climbing out of the crib! Actually, i used it today to eavesdrop on my girls having a "private" conversation in the bedroom. It's too funny to listen to them talk.

I loooove my video monitor. :)

I think that having 3 kids is slightly more crazy than two, but I am so used to being tired that an extra one didnt make much difference :) the kids meal times is busy and I struggle with making dinner for the boys and mush for Kiara all at the same time, if DH isnt here. its espcially tricky if one or more are being needy or baby is crying.
Otherwise Kiara is great and fits in so well with our life. She is so content following the boys around the park etc. I held her sitting on our big trampoline yesterday while my sons jumped and entertained her. She was so happy, grinning at them. I think she wants to get involved and jump too!

Haing said that. She is very keen on standing these days, while I hold her obviously, on my legs for just a few seconds at a time. She looks so proud of herself :)

We are off on holiday next week. We a driving to England. We haven't done it before and maybe it will be ok, maybe it will be hell on earth...we will drive about 5 hours and then we are stopping for 3 days in the Champagne region, then we drive to the top of France and get a Ferry to England and then we drive to the south East of England where we have a little house rented. We will stay a week, visit both of our families near by, and then we driv back. On the way back we are going to surprise the kids by stopping for a day and night at Eurodisney in Paris :)
Lots of driving but hopefully it will go ok.
It will be the first time my sons and husband will have seen my mum since she got sick. I have prepared my sons a bit, telling them Grandma had medicine that made her hair fall out....but hopefully they won't notice too much how much she has changed and just how sick she is. It may be emotional for mum and I..ad DH who I know is a bit nervous.

Anyways, that's enough of my evenings ramblings.
Glad you felt comfortable with your doctor Dragon. I do hope the extra dosage help. Have you noticed any improvements or changes yet? (((Hug)))

Ps. My day got easier thanks girls. Once i get the kids out of the house and playing outside stress levels always go down. we spent the afternoon at the park while my 5 year old practiced on his bike - he just learnt to ride it without his stabilizers yesterday :)

Helena your holiday sounds lovely! And what a surprise for the kids!

I'm having mil issues... she lives 2 hours away so I don't see her as much.. but they have a cottage 30 minutes away. They've been at the cottage since July 4. We spent all of July 4 with them, then Monday evening, Wednesday lunch, she wanted to come over today but I told Dh no...and shes coming over on Sunday and will be back next week too. Now I don't mind seeing her but that much is insane... I want time with my husband and baby alone! Dh flipped out on me when I asked if he can limit their time here. He complained because we spend time with my mom who lives closer... but I explained to him that that is every other week not every other day! And it wouldn't be that bad if she didn't scare my baby when she practically yells in his face and if when he cried for me she actually gave him back instead of literally keeping him from me... but I dread seeing her.. and things have been so busy around here that I just want time to relax instead of having people around. :( but now Dh and I are fighting so it's anything but peaceful right now. I just wish his mom would be courteous instead of inviting herself over! :(

Oh Sierra. I do feel for you. Mil issues are so stressful. I know I felt so stressed out with mien after babies started coming into the family..I don't know what it is. I guess it is some deep rooted female hormone issue. And the not giving baby back when he cries...gosh, I have been there! It is so hard I know.
I don't feel it so bad now, I guess I am more confident and just step in and take her back. And mil doesn't seem to mind. I think that me being more confident helps, I was sometimes creating issues where there didnt need to be, not that I am saying you are doing the same.
I can still remember the physical dread I used to feel when they were visiting... I still do to a certain extent. Wen Kiara was born..well, I won't even go there again..;)
No advice really, but hang on in there, just go about your business as you see fit and take control of baby. I think for me it was the feeling someone was taking over I didn't like. I guess maybe I felt a bit odd about my new role in the world as a mum - it's like we have a promotion to the same status as mil and want respect as that...but it doesn't always happen like that.
Hang in there, it will get easier, and if it doesn't you will somehow learn to not feel so pressured by it. Be strong and don't let it affect you and DH...easier said than dne I know. ((Hug))

Helena I think it is exactly that! I want respect as a mum and she makes me feel like she's trying to take some control from me! Thanks so much for your words... it helps me feel that I'm not alone!

Helena, your advice is always so wise and well said. I honestly learn a lot from you!

A long car trip sounds daunting, but Disney will be so fun!! The boys will be so excited. I hope the time with your Mom goes well and is more good than hard.

I'm off to workout. My girls love it and use toys as weights and jump around the room. No weight off yet, but it feels great to get back into working out. I've been feeling sort of "off" the last week or so, and I'm hoping to kick myself into gear.

You made me laugh wamommy. I always feel so disorganized!

Hope the work out went well! You are inspiring me!.......but for now I write while sitting on ten balcony on the front of my house looking up at the mountains and supping gin and tonics...wondering if I will see some Bastile day fireworks.

It sounds idyllic, but actually I am feeling all thoughtful. Just found out today that a neighbour I had seen about and made polite chit chat with a couple of times died this afternoon. Cancer. Urgh. Really, hold loved ones close and love for now.she was 48.

Xxx

Wow! It sounds like there is a lot going on for everyone... Car trips, work outs and whatnot!

Teagens #1 favorite food is avocado. If she sees an avocado she will start opening her mouth rapidly and lunge at said avocado. This made eating dinner tonight rather interesting. She is also a huge fan of blackberries, which grow wild around here. Tonight she put herself to sleep playing in her crib. This is only the second time she has gone down without a fuss. Given I did momentarily make her angry when I took her blankie off of her face that she had put there.

Last night was fairly hellacious as I managed to get food poisoning from a box of frozen mac and cheese. I was being lazy for lunch and didn't feel like making up anything so I grab a box of microwaveable mac and cheese that my mom had brought me a couple of weeks ago. Needless to say I'm fairly certain I'm below pre-pregnancy weight now.

I can't believe that Teagen will be 23 weeks old tomorrow. She is growing up so fast. Over the past two days she has started waving to people and putting her arms up to be picked up. When she is on her back she does crunches as she desperately wants to be able to sit by herself. I remember at this time last year DH was super excited because we had almost made it to 12 weeks and we could DTD again... I think we DTD maybe 3 times during the entire pregnancy. Poor guy...

On another note: I agree cancer sucks. There is a little girl who is our neighbor. She came to visit and randomly mentioned my grandfather who passed from cancer in October. I am irrationally mad at her for getting to meet my grandfather when Teagen didn't have the chance. Probably petty of me, but it is the truth.

Oooh, yuck... I'm so sorry you got sick, Kellen. Food poisoning is the worst. I hope it's all better now!

Cancer does suck. I'm so sorry about your neighbor, Helena... and your Grandfather, Kellen. It really isn't fair, is it? I suppose it's a reason to treasure today, even when things are hard.

I'm feeling a bit under the weather today. I think it may be the heat. I just feel so sluggish. How are everyone's babies handling the hot weather?

Apparently it wasn't food poisoning as DH and my dad are both now experiencing the same symptoms and they didn't eat any of the mac and cheese.

Teagen is doing good so far. We have a tiny wading pool that she gets to go "swimming" in each evening.

She did go on a three day poop strike. It finally all came out after this morning's nap.

Are you feeling any better Kellen?

Camden is doing okay. . .we've been inside most of this week, so haven't noticed as much. lol But we're going to an outdoor festival on Thursday-Saturday. . .so we'll see how it goes. Do I need to worry about dehydration for him? Or should it be okay since I'm breastfeeding?

Kellen--Camden tends to not poop for a week, so I understand all too well what it's like when it finally comes out! ;)

:haha: my girls used to poop-strike, but not so much with Max. He's a violent (and consistent) pooper. Every morning I put him in his jumperoo and he poops up his back :wacko: Then later he poops when we're out at a store or running errands... without fail, when I don't have a place to change him and end up changing him on the passenger seat of our car!

Kellen, sounds like you all got a bug :( I hope everyone feels better!

Sierra, I don't know about dehydration, but it seems like it should be fine if you're breastfeeding. He may just want a couple extra feeds? I don't know, really. I don't think babies sweat much, so he shouldn't lose much fluid that way. I worry the most about sun exposure, since they say not to give them any UV until 6 months. What do you guys do about that? I usually just wait until the evening to take the girls to the park, and then stand in the shade with Max while DH chases the girls around. If we happen to go to the zoo or something I leave Max in the stroller with his "Ray shade" on... it's the coolest thing that goes on the stroller with 50 spf rating. It looks SUPER dorky though.

I usually put a thin long sleeved shirt on Camden, along with a hat and sunglasses. However, with the heat being in the 90s, I think I'll just forego the long sleeves, and use an umbrella, sunglasses, and hat. It'll be sooo nice once we can use sunscreen. . . lol

Has anyone thought about when/if to have the next one? Camden has been such a difficult baby that we were considering stopping at 1. However, we both want Camden to have a sibling. We have agreed since the beginning that we would discuss baby #2 when Camden is 6 months old. Well that is coming up here quickly! lol... I'm sure we'd wait a bit longer anyways--and I still haven't had a period-- but it just got me thinking... Anyone else planning on the next one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->