Valentines Babies, 2013!

So jealous! I may, or may NOT have felt baby... I'm not sure! You'd think I'd feel it/recognize it earlier being #3, but I haven't! I think part of it is that I have SO much gas this time around (sorry tmi) that I can't differentiate between gas bubbles and baby :dohh:

helena, I'm sure it is the hormones! I've been forgetting SO many things lately. The other day I was about to pull the car out of the driveway and my 2-year-old screamed "DOOR DOOR" and I looked back and had left the sliding door on the van open. I'm a mess:haha:

Kim, I'm glad your scan went well! Too cute about your son. It's nice that he's old enough to sit through it and appreciate what he's seeing. So cool :)

Hormones ...hormones.having gotten some energy back I decided to cook dinner for the family ...a quick fry meatballs.Chopped onions and tthey went straight onto the cooker because in my mind I had already put the hob with some oil...yet I hadnt.Poor DH had to clear the mess and coock dinner after a 12 hr shift:nope:

thanks for starting a new thread.....can you add me for feb 22nd please.

10.15 am. Kids breakfasted and in bath. Dishwasher unloaded and reloaded. Kitchen cleaned. Windows washed. Bathroom started cleaning. This is a miracle and I haven't been this active in weeks!
No nausea, feel almost normal!

:thumbup::happydance: DH will be delighted! Now to tackle shopping before making all the family lunch! :thumbup:

God help DH if he doesn't notice the windows when he gets in!....lol

don't overdo it though Helena! Maybe have a sit down and a cup of tea in a minute x

Oh yes, I definitely deserve a cuppa and a mini lion bar now! (who threw them in my shopping trolley?!)
Hope you are all having a good day. The weekend is nearly here!
Xx

oooh, I could eat a mini lion bar! I have not been eating any chocolate at all, but I could eat a lion bar :D yum!

The weather is lovely here today, unfortunately I'm stuck on the laptop working, but I could maybe dangle my feet out of the back door!

Helena---that's wonderful! Do take a rest, though! I'm still fighting fatigue quite a bit, but today I only have to work half a day, so my *plan* is to tackle cleaning the kitchen, bathrooms, and sweeping the floor , . .maybe cleaning up our bedroom, too (that's the last room that usually gets cleaned because no one else sees it!) :) AND DH said he'll take me to Victoria's Secret to get a proper bra in a bigger size (I just can't handle that maternity bra, so just decided I'd op for ONE expensive bra in a bigger size and wear it until I grow out of it again!) :) SOooooo excited! YAY for more support! :haha:

I was a little annoyed at my mil last night. DH told her I was feeling baby quite a bit and she says that it's not possible. Yes, I'm a little hormonal, but I blew up at him saying that she's not the baby's mother and *I* am and only *I* can tell if I am or am not feeling MY baby! haha With that, and she told him that she was planning on staying with us for a couple of weeks after the baby is born!! (DH will be back to work by that time, so it'd just be me and baby and mil! :( ) No offense to her, because I like her. . .but if I need any help, MY mom and sisters would be the first ones I ask! So with that and raging hormones, I marched promptly off to bed! :haha:

OMG! I would have been really annoyed too!

I am dreading the conversations that will come up about who will be visiting when - we have no room for anyone to stay and both families only live about 20 minutes away so I'm hoping they will just come round if I ask them to rather than expecting to be there!
We'll see though :wacko:

OMG! I would have been really annoyed too!

I am dreading the conversations that will come up about who will be visiting when - we have no room for anyone to stay and both families only live about 20 minutes away so I'm hoping they will just come round if I ask them to rather than expecting to be there!
We'll see though :wacko:

That's the same with me. MIL has a cottage 20 minutes away. . . so why can't she stay there?! My mom and sister live about 40 minutes away, but I'm sure they would drive to see me. . . they don't like imposing unless I insist! My MIL tends to get a bit bossy when it comes to her son's life. . .so I usually have to put my foot down (wedding=nightmare!) :(

I'm sure she is seeing it as a gift to her son of her time etc.

I would see it like you. Women know when women are being manipulative!

I had the same trouble with wedding. His mum was a nightmare leading up to it. I wonder if it is mothers of boys though as I could imagine being this person if I have a son and when he grows up :haha: I will have to remind myself of conversations like this though!

Hey Ladies,

Sorry I have been MIA.

I had a bit of a scare on Wednesday, super painful stabbing sensation low in my groin and then noticed a bit of brown spotting.

I called my clinic, but they didn't seem too alarmed. I had an appt booked for yesterday to get my IPS results so they told me just to come in then.

Thankfully all is perfect with the bean!! THe results are normal and I got to see baby again.

Yesterday was also my 30th birthday and my sister gave me the most amazing photo frame. You put the sonogram pic in it and there is a little caption mine says "coming soon" so cute.

I finally decided to post it on facebook yesterday and the comments were amazing.

Feels so much more real now, and really starting to get excited.
:cloud9::yipee:

I'm sure she is seeing it as a gift to her son of her time etc.

I would see it like you. Women know when women are being manipulative!

I had the same trouble with wedding. His mum was a nightmare leading up to it. I wonder if it is mothers of boys though as I could imagine being this person if I have a son and when he grows up :haha: I will have to remind myself of conversations like this though!

Yeah, I was just talking to my sister and she said, "Aww, she was just trying to be nice!" :) So, maybe it won't be so bad, but I just want to make sure *I* call the shots and not her! :) And I totally agree---I think I'll be one of those mom's too! It'll be my little boy and I'll want to help!! :)

whattoexpect---so glad to hear that everything is fine with your baby!! That would scare me too! I posted on facebook this week, too----it's really fun to read everyone's excitement! :happydance:

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

all is well with my little bean I am 12wks 3days so due 19th Feb but having planed c-section so will be before that

I have a few scans coming up as my DS was only 4lb 7oz at birth at full term so got scans at 20wk, 28wk, 32wk and 36wk

will post a photo later once I go on the other computer

Hey all! Glad to hear that I'm not the only one starting to feel "normal." Over the past couple days I've felt like a pregnancy bloodhound with all the weird smells my office seems to be making. Yesterday it was an awful moldy coffee/chewing tobacco smell. Today it is rancid bacon. Make it stop!

sleeping bubs, yay :D So glad your scan went well!! I changed your due date, and can't wait to see the pic!

Kellen, I totally get it. I smell cat pee and body odor everywhere I go. It's AWFUL! What's weird is that I don't have a super nose for yummy smells, just the yucky ones!

whattoexpect, I'm glad everything is alright! That's a cute idea for announcing the pregnancy. Happy birthday, also!

Sierra, sounds like you have your hands full! My own Mom came to stay for 2 days after my last DD, and even that was too much! I am kind of a control freak around the house, and was telling her to make sure the glasses don't touch in the dishwasher or they'll break, and she said "I've loaded a few dishwashers in my life!!" and decided to go home early the next day :nope: I think the first few days after the baby is born hormones go absolutely insane, and MIL there with you is sort of asking for conflict, but I hope not!

Helena, glad you're feeling better! I'm still trampled with fatigue, but you've inspired me to try to tackle a cleaning job. Maybe I'll get to one a day. today, kitchen floor!!!

I am thankful that my in-laws live in Texas and are less than motivated to come see us... ever. We've been in Georgia for over a year and they have come here 0 times while we have spent over $800 in gas and airline tickets to see them several times.
My parents on the other hand live in Oregon :( but have graciously split the cost of airfare with us so that I can go see them at the end of the month! They also are coming to visit for 2 weeks during Thanksgiving. Thankfully both my DH and I are really close to my folks. His are nice, but they exist in a totally different world. No offense to anyone, but - their idea of fine dining is eating an $8 hamburger.
My DH pretty much raised himself and has elevated himself through college and world travel. It is difficult for them to understand why we are the only ones (out of his 5 siblings) that don't live within 30 minutes driving distance. I also don't like to be around them because they smoke like trains! Love them to death, but 3 days is about max.

I finally got up the nerve to take/post a bump pick this morning, and my DH saw me loading it onto the computer. He said, "are you posting that? You look like you're sticking your stomach out, and your thighs aren't really that big in real life are they? Want me to take a pic?"

I burst into tears, ran upstairs to change clothes, and angrily did a workout video in the other room. I'm not sure if he meant to be helpful? This is the first he's taking ANY notice of my bump, so how would he know how it looks??? Maybe I should paint my bump like a cell phone so that he'll actually pay attention to what's going on in there. Ugh :(

oh bless ya Wamommy I really want to take a bump pic didn't really do it with Mckenzie until around 8months when we went on holiday!!

Here is my scan picture gender guesses welcome :)

Attachments

• scan baby2.jpg
    scan baby2.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member