Valentines Babies, 2013!

Helena, you are right! Men should overestimate their arrival time and get brownie points for being early. Oddly enough my DH's favorite song is "Waiting on a Woman" by Brad Paisley. I tease him that he is obviously the woman in our marriage because I am forever waiting on him. For crying out loud he takes more time on his hair than I do!

Bit of a Rant here....

Kellen, good for you to be over it already. I would still be ticked off.
Maybe I just assume that pregnant means that I should be getting my way and when he doesn't comply I am extra grumpy.

We have been out a few times socially and when I want to go I want to go. DH never seems to be on the same timetable, especially since he has realized that he has a built in Designated Driver and can drink all he likes.

It has resulted in a few fights, I just feel like I am the only one that has to make any changes to my life for this baby.....my friends that are already moms tell me to get used to it, but I guess I had dreams of an equality....

wow, feels good to get that out, I go around being bitter inside cause it seems crazy I mean after all, I really wanted this. We had to do fertility treatments to get preganat and I do realize how amazingly blessed we are, but a girl feels what she feels right?

Rant over :)

Whatoexpect,

That was no where near as flaming as my rant. I totally understand and sympathize with you about being forced into a DD position. I would be angry too if my DH wasn't willing to at least change a few things in order to compromise.

Hopefully the changes will come with time. My DH admitted the other day how "immature" and "stupid" some of his friends are (I've been trying to tell him this for YEARS!) I'm not just talking about "boys being boys"---but these were the friends he grew up with---they drink beyond comprehension, bash women, trash talk, don't have jobs, smoke way too much, think that going out to the bar is the only "cool" thing to do, etc. And of course my DH is not like that (how he turned out so well, I don't know), and he only hangs out with them like twice a year (they live 3 hours a way---but one happens to be his older brother, so that's difficult at times). However, the other day, for the FIRST time, DH told me how ridiculous they act and it's stupid to hang out with them (yay! Maybe a victory!?) We'll see what he does come hunting season (they all go hunting together the first week of November). I don't want to take friends from him, but I think he would be a lot better off if he would hang out with his good friends instead of them. So....I'm hoping he "wises up" and decides since he is going to be a father soon that he shouldn't be hanging out with such bad influences (he has strong will power, but they peer pressure him A LOT).

Haha---I'm not really sure where all of that came from. .. but I guess what I'm saying is that hopefully your DH will be able to step-up to the plate and make some changes along with you, whattoexpect. Maybe it just takes time? And you are definitely not alone. ..I think all women make more changes than men for a baby. . .but he should at least be making some.

GUESS WHAT?!?! I'm so excited! Work said they would let me work from home for 6 months after baby is born as a "trial-basis"!!! They said if it works, they'll keep me on for good, and they'll use me as a model for other people to start working from home!!!! This is the best news ever! I get to stay home with my baby and still be able to provide the finances we need!!!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Hello ladies :D I sure missed a lot! I went to my Mom's house on the beach for a few days to "relax." I ended up being the family nanny as all of the other adults relaxed and I watched all of the kids, but oh well! It was still nice to get away. I also finally told my Mom about the baby, and she seemed genuinely excited. Phew! No more hiding for me!

Kellen and whattoexpect, I totally understand being upset with your DH's actions, and being pregnant certainly compounds it. Luckily my DH doesn't drink, but he's still the king of being late and not contributing around the house... sigh... I'm sorry it's been rough on you guys. It will get better, at least that's what I keep telling myself! :dohh:

As far as weight gain, I've gained 2 pounds so far... but I started out this pregnancy 10 pounds above my "norm." I feel gigantic, and am very self-conscious about my weight, even though I haven't gained a lot and I'm rather tall to begin with. I'm SUPER excited to get a big enough bump where it's the center of attention, and people don't even notice my other wobbly bits!

I hope everyone is doing better today, and I'm happy to be back!

GUESS WHAT?!?! I'm so excited! Work said they would let me work from home for 6 months after baby is born as a "trial-basis"!!! They said if it works, they'll keep me on for good, and they'll use me as a model for other people to start working from home!!!! This is the best news ever! I get to stay home with my baby and still be able to provide the finances we need!!!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Eeekk!!!! SO awesome, Sierra, congrats!!:happydance:

Wow sierra that's great news! What job do you do?

I work from home but I wouldn't be allowed to care for baby the whole time. I will obviously have longer to spend with them and take them to nursery and pick them up etc. but being able to look after baby whilst working from home would be awesome!! Go you!!

Haha I know, the things men say! The other day, DH told me that as the weeks go by, I look more and more like the Venus of Willendorf :wacko:

Just for reference, here's what the V of W looks like:

That is actually me right now :haha:

I've been so tired in work this week (which makes me fed up anyway)...is it too early to count down until I leave???

Sorry the nausea is still with some of you - hopefully it will be gone soon, FX!

I find that however lovely DH's can be, they really don't get pregnancy sometimes! Altho last night, mine came in from work and actually kissed my bump as well as me for the first time!

Saw my consultant this week (am high risk because I get gestational blood pressure problems) and have a rough plan for my pregnancy. I'm terrified of another prolonged labour (36 hours with DD and ended up as forceps - she was back2back from 38 weeks so I failed to progress for ages) and had laser therapy on my perineum after because it broke down but she told me there was no reason it would happen again and why I shouldn't have an easier birth. I'll hold her to that come Feb!! :wacko:

Thanks everyone! I'm still so excited!

Jo-- I quote and service insurance for small businesses. Most of what I do is online or in a computer software program. I'll get about 3-7 phone calls a day, which they will transfer to my home phone----and if baby is crying, then they'll just have to get the message machine. ;)

We'll see how it goes. . .I'm not really sure I'll be able to keep up with all of my work while I'm watching baby---which DH said if that happens, we can get a babysitter part time or use daycare for part of the day. I'm really hoping to make it work that I can take care of baby and do my job. I think I'll just have to put in long hours----either get up after baby's early early morning feeding and start work then or else finish my work once baby goes to bed in the evening. It'll all be on a trial-run. I'm working for about 2 hours a day during maternity leave, too. . .so that will give me a bit of an idea of what I can handle. I'll also have a few meetings I'll need to go to, which I will need a babysitter for a couple of hours.

Glitterbug---that is so cute that DH kissed your bump (and you!). My DH came into my office (he works at the same place as me) yesterday and said: "Wow, you look HUGE!". Haha. . .I'll be glad when he gets to the bump-kissing stage! :)

wamommy---I can't wait for that big bump, either! :) :)

I get my hair cut today---it's just a trim, but I'm so excited to get it looking good again. . .I feel it's been awfully limp and yucky since I got pregnant---here's hoping the stylist can do magic with it! :)

Sierra, that is fantastic news! I am hoping that I'll be able to swing something like that as well. I am in the process of getting approved for telework. From what I've seen of my boss (who is currently about ready to pop her bump is so huge!) she is able to telework a good 4 out of 5 days during this last month of pregnancy.

Congrats, wamommy on finally getting to tell people! It is so nice to have it all out in the open.

We had our 14 week check up today and everything was GREAT! Midwife took about 10 seconds to find LO's heartbeat, which was beating at 150/minute. I guess this is (for the time being) proving my husband's guess of team blue correct (if we believe all the wives tales). We go back in 4 weeks for another check up and then 2 after that for our gender scan. I've been cleared for travel since I'm flying from Georgia to Oregon to visit family over Labor Day and was told it is perfectly safe to go through the airport scanners.

Oooh Kellen--I really hope you can telework! That'll be awesome! Keep us posted!

GREAT news on the checkup! I'm dying to find out the baby's gender. . .I just don't know how long I can wait! haha.

About the airport scanners. . .my doctor told me there wasn't enough research on them and it was up to me if I wanted to go through them or not. I ended up telling the airport people that I was pregnant and didn't want to go through the scanners. They were super nice about it and just took me over to the side and a woman basically felt under my arpits and along my sides to see if I was "hiding" anything. I wore a really simple dress that would have been hard to hide anything in. . .so they really didn't have to do much. I've read a lot that they are perfectly safe, but I just didn't want to take any chances since I mc in May and I was still early pregnant at the time of my trip. Totally up to you, but I wanted to let you know you have options :)

I got my first stranger comment about my pregnancy today!!!! Woohoo! :) I was just sitting at the hair salon and this woman walks in to get her hair done as well and she said, "Wow, you're brave wearing high-heels and being pregnant!" :haha: It makes me wonder if I should switch to flat shoes, but I was so glad that someone noticed I was pregnant and not fat!! :) HOORAY!

I specifically asked the midwife and she said that she has read research that shows that the scanners have minimal to no effect on the baby. It would be a radiation concern, but they don't give off enough to be scared now that I am in the second trimester. Since I'm flying out of a huge international airport that takes an 1hr+ to get through security I'll probably risk it. At a smaller airport with less lines I would probably ask to be taken aside.

I specifically asked the midwife and she said that she has read research that shows that the scanners have minimal to no effect on the baby. It would be a radiation concern, but they don't give off enough to be scared now that I am in the second trimester. Since I'm flying out of a huge international airport that takes an 1hr+ to get through security I'll probably risk it. At a smaller airport with less lines I would probably ask to be taken aside.

Oh yeah, yikes... those international airports can take forever! I was flying out of smaller ones, which may be why I had such an easy time. :)

We live in Atlanta so I get to deal with killer traffic and really grumpy TSA people! However, I will say that the lines are not as long as they are at the Honolulu International Airport. For a few years I was flying back and forth from California to Hawaii with some regularity and their lines are horrible! Not only do you have to go through a scan, but you also have to put your luggage through a scan before you can pick up your ticket. Something about bugs...

We live in Atlanta so I get to deal with killer traffic and really grumpy TSA people! However, I will say that the lines are not as long as they are at the Honolulu International Airport. For a few years I was flying back and forth from California to Hawaii with some regularity and their lines are horrible! Not only do you have to go through a scan, but you also have to put your luggage through a scan before you can pick up your ticket. Something about bugs...

Eww that's kind of gross. . .I wonder what kind of bugs they are worried about? Weird. ..

My sono went great!!! everything is accounted for and everything looked good!!! they put me ahead from 12 +5 to 13+1 but im just going to leave my ticker the same for now...my due date is still the same. It was amazing to see it moving it was doing flips and kicking the whole time heart beat was in the 140's and nice and strong!!!
We are both thinking its a boy based on the head....i guess we will find out in 7 weeks!!:cloud9:
https://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t503/dschristou/F4A5130B-FA8E-4017-8E35-D1D11E228553-14794-0000166164F75128.jpg
https://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t503/dschristou/DCBE4D34-4290-436C-BA55-75BCA0835CC9-14794-000016617866107B.jpg

Congrats on the fantastic pictures, Munchkin! That is exciting. It is so awesome to be able to see a wiggly baby. :) Love the pictures!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->