VANCOUVER, BC..Anyone???

Anybody from Vancouver have a newborn? :D
I've only lived here for a year and a half and don't know anyone. Would love to find some similar aged friends for my daughter!

I am in Langley and always looking for more mom friends...

Oooo! I live in Cloverdale! I have a 2.5 year old and a 1 year old. Both girls. (I do have a broken leg so play dates might be hard right now lol) but you are so nice and close!)

I'm all the way in the Point Grey area and I've never been to Langley or Cloverdale. It seems to take forever to get anywhere in this city!

hey it's cool that some of you live so close! I'm in Surrey...I don't have any little ones yet though.

Yes getting anywhere from Point Grey is a pain in the butt!

Haha yes point grey is a pain in the bum! But very very pretty!
Where are you originally from? How are you liking vancouver?

DH and I are originally from Southern California but we're in the process of immigrating here! :D Canada is great! We've been in BC for about 3 years now. Vancouver is nice, but a bit too big for my taste (I hate driving here, but the drivers are better than California ones, so that's nice, haha).

Are you guys from this area?

I've lived here my entire life :) I love visiting southern California though driving there is definitely an experience :lol:

I am from Scotland, moved here 6 years ago. I lived in Yaletown for about 18months on Richards Street, which we loved. It was at the end of Richards st on the sea wall and so close to granville island. I miss it. Once we decided to have kids we wanted out the city...moved to Burnaby lived there for awhile and moved out to Langley in August..we are feeling a bit bored and isolated and not really sure what there is to do out here for kids.

I have an almost 4 year old and an almost 2 year old. Playdates for the kids are always welcome, as I dont have too many mom friends. Most of my friends are from work with no kids or grown up kids.

I am sure we can all make different dates at different places to make sure everyone is included...and i think we are all looking forward to nicer weather. I for one am so sick of this fog...I have been driving in the fog since last Thursday or something...its a bit scary. I work in Vancouver and commute from Langley which is really not fun.

I am from Scotland, moved here 6 years ago. I lived in Yaletown for about 18months on Richards Street, which we loved. It was at the end of Richards st on the sea wall and so close to granville island. I miss it. Once we decided to have kids we wanted out the city...moved to Burnaby lived there for awhile and moved out to Langley in August..we are feeling a bit bored and isolated and not really sure what there is to do out here for kids.

I have an almost 4 year old and an almost 2 year old. Playdates for the kids are always welcome, as I dont have too many mom friends. Most of my friends are from work with no kids or grown up kids.

I'm not sure where in Langley you live, but I used to take Alex down to a play group down in Langley city at the Langley city rec centre (on Fraser Highway by around 206), it was very busy & popular. I tried going to the ones at the large rec centre in Willoughby but nobody ever showed up!

Hey goddess! They have a play drop in on Fraser hwy (the one way street part) I think it's every morning, I went once a couple months ago. It's a good place snacks at the end for the kids too. I felt very welcome there. I would totally be down for a play date, but I can't have it at my house (living with my mom) and can't really take the kids out by myself (broken leg).
Here is the link for the Play place https://www.lcss.ca/programs-and-se...vices-resource-programs/family-place-drop-in/

There is also captian kids by the movie theatre in walnut grove, I haven't been but I have heard its awesome and fairly cheap. Basically a giant indoor playground, with different sections for younger and older kids.

https://captainkids.ca/

Sorry alis I missed your post, we are talking about the same place lol

most definitely, better weather! it's been so chilly! :C

I live close to walnut grove and didnt know about captain kids..we go to go bananas near the mall and have been to the great escape. We do drop in stuff at walnut grove community center and our oldest has preschool there...there is a drop in there that my hubby takes our youngest too. We are on 211th off 80th...closest to walnut grove and the event center community centre. Thanks will check out captain kids.

so did captain kids and it was ok, its not as good as go bananas or the great escape but its definitely cheaper. $3 per child.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->