Vaseline

Rach276

Reaction score
Do babies need vaseline?? Iv seen it on a free 'to buy' lists and put it on mine then was wondering why they would need it?

It can be used as a barrier cream for nappy rash and for dry patches of skin. That is what I use it for anyway. :)

it's used ofr their dry skin or some people use it as barrier cream for their bums aswell. We got a pot and barely used it, maybe just get a small sample sized one until you know if you are going to use it enough or not.

Thank you. Will buy a little pot of it just incase :)

yep we use it for dry patches on maddi's face, especially with all the drooling and teething :) x

Its also good if the babies face is exposed to cold weather , put a lil bit on the cheeks and nose and its protected

Yep we use it all the time. Like the others said it acts as a barrier cream and is good for dry skin. And it makes cleaning up poopy diapers a whole lot easier ;)

I use it as a barrier cream for his nappy. I actually thought thats what everybody else uses.

It really helps with lilys face when she gets sore. xx

I cover Helena's whole body with it after her bath / before bed every night, as it really really helps her skin not dry out.

I alternate bettween zinc creme and vaseline for her bum. I usually put either on after shes had a poo.

What all the others said, lol... but also not sure if your planning to circumsize, but it's used for that aswell.

Just as Jenelle said, it's also used for little boys when they are circumsized so they don't "stick" to their diapers.

when you ladies say use as a barrier cream, what exactly do you mean? Feel so stupid

when you ladies say use as a barrier cream, what exactly do you mean? Feel so stupid
It creates a barrier between the babies bum and the diaper... dont really know how else to explain it, lol... it makes it so babies sensitive bums arent rubbing up against the diaper, which could cause irritation.

I have never used it. Her bum lotion (bepanthen) is an excellent all rounder.

we use its so that her wee doesnt dry on her skin....because the vaseline is oily it acts as a barrier

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->