VBAC or ELCS after EMCS..

Emma93

Reaction score
I'm only 12+4 at the moment. But I have to make the choice of trying for a VBAC or opt for an ELCS.
My daughter was born prematurely via EMCS due to fetal distress caused by cord compression.
Is there anyone in the same position of needing to decide for whatever reason? Have you decided? If so what is you choice and why?
X​

me!

i had a emcs due to iugr at 29 weeks for my son. with my daughter they paniced at 37 weeks and relyed on a scan that said it was 'inaccurate due to head in pelvis!) so had to have another c section.

This time i have a choice if things go to plan....which never happens for me! so if it goes ok, i will have a vbac if i dont need inducing and dont go over by too far.....thats my plan...but with daughter they thought i would go way over from the look of my cervix, so i think i will have another c section in reality, but its nice to think i have the choice!

I had a emcs at 37weeks due to IUGR. Then 9months later fell pregnant with DD I went to lots of meeting with the on about vbac & elective section. I decided to try for a vbac but by 39+6 I hadn't gone into labour naturall and they wouldn't induce me so ended up with an elective csection that was completely different to the emcs so calm and planned.

This time round 3rd baby I've been told I'll have to have a 3rd section, kinda hoping I may go into labour early so I can maybe try and labour myself.

i assumed i would hvae to have another section after ive had 2. but my midwife said i dont and its my choice. apparently the risks after having 1 section are pretty much the same after 2! but i know deep down im destined for another section

I had a emcs due to fetal distress, had a vbac after (but that baby was only 24+3 and very small) so I'm hoping to have another vbac x

I had a c section after my induction failed with my first. I was 9 days overdue, my blood pressure was getting borderline too high, so I was induced. I only got to 3-4cm dilated after 11 hours of induced labour (and two days of natural intermittent contractions before that), my LO had a couple of heart rate dips and I developed a temperature, so c section it was.

I've also been thinking about how I'd like my labour with this baby to go. I've decided that I am definitely trying for a VBAC. As long as everything seems to be going well then I'd like to give birth the old fashioned way, but if I have to have another c section if things start going wrong again, I'm not going to be upset, I just want to leave with a healthy baby.

My first labour was only 3hrs and a vaginal delivery, 2nd labour was 1.5hrs and ended in EMCS. Apparently I'm a very good candidate for a VBAC but I'm leaning towards an ELCS as I'm worrying about things going wrong again. I don't know if I'll get it though because my first two were born at 36 and 37 weeks, I'll just have to hold baby in there for a bit longer!

My first was emcs with prem twins at 31 weeks. 12 months later dd2 was born 2 days over weighing 9lb 8. 9 years on from that ds was born as another vbac baby ... x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->