VBAC Success Stories?

Mrs. JJ

Mommy
Reaction score
Hello mommas! I am 8 weeks with my second. My 1st ended in a c-section as you might imagine. I asked my doctor for a "Trial of Labor", so chance at a natural labor this time. He told me he's willing to let me try but because my labor took so long last time there's not a good chance of me getting that VBAC. They won't induce or anything so it will have to progress naturally and knowing what happened last time... my water broke weeeeeeeeeell before labor started. They won't like that.

Anyone have any VBAC success stories after a long previous labor that ended in c-section?

I had a EmCS in Oct 2011 with a successful VBAC in June 2015 :)

I was very reluctant to have one as I didn't want my labour to follow suit as the first. I was in labour for 43 hours, no progression from 7cm, she was stuck in my pelvis losing oxygen, after numerous testings, it was too dangerous for her to be inside any longer due to level drops and releasing meconium.

The fact I managed so much with my first, made me prepared for the final stages second time round plus I wanted to "finish" for the experience.

I was 10cm for around 2 hours, but I didn't want to forcefully push. I was waiting for the urges of pushing to arise. I did have pain in my scar towards the end, so they took me into theatre to help me out. As they were prepping me on the stirrups, I needed to push. 4 contractions, 12 pushes, episiotomy and light vacuum she was out. I got to hold her instantly, I never got that with my first as I had a seizure from the spinal block. Everything just felt perfect afterwards and I wanted to push another baby out straight away lol.

Wonderful story! Thank you for sharing and for giving me some hope!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->