VBAC with small gap?

I think for a 16 month age gap you can attempt a VBAC.
i'm pretty sure the consultant won't even let me have a VBAC as there will only be 12 months between my 2. due on feb 28th which is also my son's first birthday. i'm actually quite scared of the idea of a VBAC with such small gap.

I know your quite scared so it's fine, but you shouldn't have to worry if your doctor will "let you" do anything. They can recommend, but they can't make you do or not do anything. If your doctor uses phrases like "allow you to" or "let you" or "won't let you", you might consider another doctor. They can and should only "recommend" and "strongly recommend". :flower:

oh that's good to hear, I would like to have the choice, going to looking into pros and cons tonight, even though im actually scared of a VBAC, might be because I had to have a section before even getting fully dilated.

Yeah, I had to have a section before going fully dilated too. I was induced at 33+5 though, and wasn't able to move around during labor. I didn't have any pain meds and it was bearable though, like just annoying and tiring, not too painful, so I figure if I was able to move around and do something to help labor progress and help with pain I should have no problems.

I wasn't induced as early, I was 36+4. I was told to move round at first. I think it was the first 4 5 hours t got to move about the rest of the time I was either in too much pain to move or hooked up to the fetal heart monitor

i'm pretty sure the consultant won't even let me have a VBAC as there will only be 12 months between my 2. due on feb 28th which is also my son's first birthday. i'm actually quite scared of the idea of a VBAC with such small gap.

I know your quite scared so it's fine, but you shouldn't have to worry if your doctor will "let you" do anything. They can recommend, but they can't make you do or not do anything. If your doctor uses phrases like "allow you to" or "let you" or "won't let you", you might consider another doctor. They can and should only "recommend" and "strongly recommend". :flower:

oh that's good to hear, I would like to have the choice, going to looking into pros and cons tonight, even though im actually scared of a VBAC, might be because I had to have a section before even getting fully dilated.

Yeah, I had to have a section before going fully dilated too. I was induced at 33+5 though, and wasn't able to move around during labor. I didn't have any pain meds and it was bearable though, like just annoying and tiring, not too painful, so I figure if I was able to move around and do something to help labor progress and help with pain I should have no problems.

I wasn't induced as early, I was 36+4. I was told to move round at first. I think it was the first 4 5 hours t got to move about the rest of the time I was either in too much pain to move or hooked up to the fetal heart monitor

I would have loved to. I'm pretty upset about one aspect of my induction, where I should have spoke up but I didn't. When they started it, at night, they put in a foley bulb to start the dilation. The doctor said to continue the intermittent monitoring, but the nurse went ahead and hooked me up continuous. The doctor had told me I would be fine to move around all night, but the nurse just wanted to hook me up once so she wouldn't have to mess with it. She also convinced me to take an ambien. I now see she just wanted me hooked up and sleeping so she wouldn't have to come monitor me every few hours. I honestly believe I could have done better, maybe even had the vaginal birth I wanted. That nurse was mean, she tore up my hand trying to put in the IV too.

I just literally couldn't move on the mag sulfate, just lifting my arms and shifting around on the bed was difficult.

I would have loved to. I'm pretty upset about one aspect of my induction, where I should have spoke up but I didn't. When they started it, at night, they put in a foley bulb to start the dilation. The doctor said to continue the intermittent monitoring, but the nurse went ahead and hooked me up continuous. The doctor had told me I would be fine to move around all night, but the nurse just wanted to hook me up once so she wouldn't have to mess with it. She also convinced me to take an ambien. I now see she just wanted me hooked up and sleeping so she wouldn't have to come monitor me every few hours. I honestly believe I could have done better, maybe even had the vaginal birth I wanted. That nurse was mean, she tore up my hand trying to put in the IV too.

I just literally couldn't move on the mag sulfate, just lifting my arms and shifting around on the bed was difficult.

:shock: that's awful, can't believe the nurse treated you like that. sounds like a nurse that can't be bothered to do her job

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->