+ve opk? & SMEP

hulahoop09

Mum to lg and pg #2
Reaction score
Hiya

Okay so on Saturday I got a dark line which was the darkest I had this month but then sunday was almost at nothing but I just did an opk and got the below result. Not sure why it is doing this! Shall I take this as a +ve?

If I do then is it right then I should ov in next 36 hours? We have been DTD every other day since AF finished last week and we DTD yesterday and am due tomoz BUT if we want to do the SMEP how does it work with DTD do we need to today tomoz & wednesday then miss a day then DTD? When after this do we then DTD again?

I need so guidance in catching that egg plz! :haha:

x

Attachments

• Photo-0062.jpg
    Photo-0062.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 7
Don't mean to alarm you- new to all of this... especially OPKs, but I was talking with friend about them and she had pcod(?), and had mentioned that is always made her ovulation tests come out positive. I have also heard that OPKs could still show a test line after ovulation because LH is decreasing... Isn't is also possible to ovulate twice in a month? Not sure the answer really- but BD just in case!! good luck!

Thanks for the reply. I dont always got +ve's on them. I had one strong +ve last month and this month I had a darker line on sat which was almost a +ve but not as strong as last month. I then had almost no line yesterday and then today the line is darker than saturday.

Not sure if the different times of day can affect them? Saturdays was done on a morning as was yesterday and todays was an evening. SO confusing!

x

hiya im doing the SMEP this cycley, starting the alternate days BDing tonight. when you get your positive opk BD 3 consecutive nights then one off then BD one last time. so id start tonight if thats todays test. was your last test darker than the control line? a couple months back i thought id got a positive but the whole line wasnt darker than CL, just the edge of it then it went and a few days later i got a proper positive. maybe this has happened to you. xx

Was it definitely a positive on Saturday? Sometimes you can get an almost positive a couple of days before.

If it was definitely positive on Saturday then you're probably going to ov 12-36 hours after that. You're not really meant to keep testing after a positive OPK as it can catch the surge on the way back down and be misleading.

Are you charting your temperatures?
I just started this because the 12-36 hours people say (or even 12-48 hours in some places) was just too vague for my liking. I know charting my BBT will only show when I ov after the fact, I think it's still useful to know.

No saturdays was deffo not as dark as the above but it was just the darkest I had this cycle and I didnt think were gonna get any darker. So dtd fri & sun so DTD today tmoz and day after? :D

x

I dont do temping as I am up a lot in the night with the dog and am usually shouting at him to stop whining so by morn I am usually stressed :D

x

I have read that you are supposed to test the same time everyday- but to not test in the morning, not sure why something with the Lh levels not being high then. I have read that you are supposed to test around 2p. I do it during my lunch break- around 1230

I cant test in the afternoon in the week due to being at work. Lol.

x

You could do it in the evening as well... I did one the other day at like 6 or later... had a family function, not exactly the most appropriate place to wait on an O test. And it still showed up with a faint line... its getting darker every day though!

Lol. The one I took in the picture was at about 6pm. I just hope its right!

x

Hi HulaHoop,

I am still waiting to ovulate (I think!) On CD10 I had quite a strong line too then after that absolutely nothing, I usually OV on CD17/18 but had a MC in Dec so thought it might be different, so I am confused with mine too. I have started charting but don't really know how to read it properly!

xx

Hey ladies, I used OPK's and ovulated around cd 18. I also did the SMEP so I'll let you know how it works out for me in a few days!

Thanks! I did an opk this morn as I was curious and is it meant to be still dark or should it have dropped a lot in colour???

x

some people the LH sticks around longer than in others. last month i got positive opk in the afternoon, but was still there th following morning and was still very dark. it started faiding later in the day though. i know some people have positive opks for days but you go from the 1st one as your surge.

Thanks for that, that has cleared it up for me. This TTC can be so frustrating! :)

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"