+ve OPK two weeks after ERPC

Sunshine31

Back to TTC
Reaction score
Hi ladies
I did an OPK this morning (first time after ERPC two weeks ago) and it was very positive. I'm still bleeding a bit and the HPTs are stil slightly positive. Do you think this is a false positive or should I be DTD? No other ovulation symptoms apart from the odd twinge which I've put down to miscarriage related cramps. Haven't DTD since I got pregnant so a bit scared!
x

Hi Sunshine
Sorry for your loss
OPKs can also detect pregnancy hormones. When I found out I was pregnant I did a OPK and this was a strong positive so I thought I was ovulating. I did a HPT the next day and this had a faint positve so the OPKs can give a false positive if you are still testing positive on HPTs I'm afraid.
My understanding is that you can't O until your HCG level is below 5 :(

Hi,

I was going to say the same thing - I had my erpc 13 days ago and had a very positive opk a few days ago and rushed off and dtd only to later do a hpt which was also positive so it was obviously the hcg making the opk positive not the LH surge. I'm the same as you, still getting very very faint hpt and still a bit of bleeding, which had stopped for a few days then started up again...I got my hopes up again thinking it was af :blush:

hi ladies

just posted this on another thread which may help

https://www.pregnancyloss.info/waitingforaf.htm

so sorry for all your losses xx

I agree, i have billions of the things and keep thinking should i but pritty sure it would show up positive as they did when i was pregnant. not sure if this is right but didnt think we should dtd while bleeding due to risk of infection, not sure if thats true though.

i still have some morning sickness so pritty sure that things would come back positive. mine wasnt even a week ago though.

Im sorry for you loss and sorry i cant be of help! good luck xxx

I read the article, its scary reading thinking about i may start bleeding again. It so frustrating the amount of conflicting articles and information out there. i read one thing and think i should do this and another and think i should do that. i was told that as long as ive stopped bleeding to start ttc 2 weeks after the MC, i read some articles which backed this up to (all british) so now im not so sure what to do.

Hi eternal, sorry for your loss. I'm in total limbo with this!!!! Today my opk looks positive and my hpt looks negative. It was 2 weeks ago today for me and I'm back to bleeding now although I had about 5 days in the middle without bleeding :wacko:
I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be dtd at the mo, even thoug we did a week ago....it's all very confusing, especially as after my previous losses things were pretty much text book for me :wacko:

its difficult hun, if its your period then there is no problem dtd. if you pregnancy is neg and ovulation positive then that sounds like your ovulating. but im no expert, saying all that i was looking at the buddies section and a lots people get pregnanct the month after trying so it probably leave some peoples bodies quicker than others.

I read the risk is of your certrix is open your at greater risk of infection. I know mines open even though ive stopped bleeding today. if yours is closed then you should be fine, and even if its not your not garenteed to get an infection you just need to weight the pros and cons.

If id stopped bleeding and started again, and was getting neg preg but pos ovulations id prob risk dtd, but thats me. lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->