Veda

A132429

Reaction score
What do you think of the name Veda (pronounced Vay-da)
I think I love it and OH loves it but just want opinions
Its the girl in My Girl's name by the way :)

When I read it first I thought it would be pronounced ved-er as in Eddie vedder my idol and love of my life :haha: (lead singer of the band pearl jam) I was thinking boyish

When I read your pronunciation I thought of darth Vadar from Star Wars. Sorry :nope:
I wouldn't say it was very feminine. X

Eta isn't the little girl in the film my girl called vada? Hmmmm I never thought of darth Vadar while watching that :shrug:

I really like it. pretty name and unusual x

My brother had a dog named Veda, named after "My Girl"...I think it's pretty!

I like it but I automatically though "Darth Veda". That's not necessarily a deal breaker IMO though. lol

I thought of Darth Vader to and thats whats putting me off a bit at the moment :/

I kind of thought about Star Wars too :) But that isn't a bad thing, only cause I like it, lol.

My first thought is of the film 'My Girl' :thumbup:, my second thought was Darth :shrug:

I like it, but I was pronouncing it differently - like 'VEE - DA'

Pronounced Vee - da I like it, pronounced Vader I think it's asking for teasing.

This is actually on our list :) Matthew McConahay's daughter is called it. It did originally remind me of Star Wars but I think that's pretty cool! I'm torn between Veda and Ada! x

When I first read it, I thought "dated!" but actually - why not? I like it!

I love it! I've loved it since I was a little girl after seeing the movie "My Girl." I always thought it was so lovely and unusual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->