• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vegetarian Mums and Babies!

Hi Parkgirl and Abster!!

Your little girl sounds like she's done really well on the BLW :thumbup:

xxxxxxx

I'm not a mum yet, but wanted to join. Been a veggie for only 11 months, but plan to be for life :)

Interesting article recently saying everyone will have to be to cut stop global warming!

Hate the way everyone attacks veggies though!

Hiya honey!! Welcome welcome.
Ive been making the global warming point to a lot of my meat-eating friends lately,not that I think it will make them convert to veggies but its something that I dont think a lot of people realise...xxx

Hi Parkgirl and Abster!!

Katie,your little girl sounds like she's done really well on the BLW :thumbup:

xxxxxxx

Hi Jen,
You mean my Katie? She's done really well with it - to the point that she very rarely has different food to us and I don't really even think to plan in advance. I don't know what she'd have been like if I'd not blw'd her, but I think she's an absolute dream (except when she's chucking it around!). I say she has the same as us, but she doesn't have any refined sugar (I love the Organix range of children's snack food - cereal bars, crisps, biscuits, fruit bars, jellies etc all sweetened with natural flavours and no sugar or gelatine) or crisps and only drinks water and milk. It's been surprisingly easy keeping her away from crap (as I see it), from both her point of view - she's perfectly happy with the other stuff I offer her - and going to other people's houses etc, as I just take snacks / cake substitutes of my own. The only sugar-free fruit yoghurts I've found are Rachel's Organic My First Yoghurts (I think this is what they're called), which I sometimes get from Waitrose, but most of the time she has live natural yoghurt with fruit (or poppadoms, which she seems to crave as much as I do!).
Your little girl is a beauty!
Abi x

Yes sorry I meant your daughter called Katie,didnt mean to call you Katie :dohh: I knew all the words I needed to type and somehow they came out in the wrong order :dohh:

Ophelia is much the same with her food,she pretty much always has the same as us and isn't fussy at all.She only has water and milk too :thumbup:
I'm not as good at never giving her sugar though :blush: I'm more of an 'everything in moderation' person but completely see why people choose not to give their little ones any sugar at all.But I'm content with her just having a really healthy diet 95% of the time and having the odd 'bad' thing 5% of the time.Where will you stand on Katie having sugar when she's that little bit bigger and going to birthday parties etc?
I love Organix too!I'm guilty of getting Ophelia to share her Organix apple rice cakes with me nearly every time she has them ;)

xxxx

I'm not sure about the sugar thing personally. I think I will try to avoid refined sugar for as long as I can, hopefully 'til she starts school, then it may be harder! I hate the idea of her eating rubbish, I guess it gets that little bit more difficult when they are going to their friends houses and parties etc.

Bit off topic, but I just found a nice natural Weleda toothpaste that I am a bit too excited about!

Also, I was looking at some veggie sausages today, and they all seemed to have salt in, are there some that don't?

I had a TTC appointment the other day and had been worried that my doctor would have a fit that I was a vegetarian. Surprisingly, she was very supportive. I don't live in a veggie friendly part of the US and most people think you have lost your mind if you don't eat meat. It was great that she reacted the way she did. I feel even better about having her as my doctor.

Anyone know of any veggie sausages (or similar) that don't contain wheat or salt? I can't find any, I'm not sure they exist, as I think they might have to have wheat in? Hm.

Ah Kirsten I meant to reply when you asked about sausages with no salt in the other day and completely forgot :dohh: I'm sorry!You know when you keep remembering something at a completely useless time like halfway round Sainsburys and never when youre at home near the computer?:dohh:

I'm not sure of any at all without wheat in I'm afraid hon,I would say the only place I can think of that might have them would be Holland and Barrett?As for salt,as far as I know,they are all pretty salty :( Thats one of the reasons we don't give them often,but if anyone else knows of any un-salty ones I'd be glad to know too :thumbup: My only other idea is make some :rofl: My mum just bought a sausage making machine from Lawsons for pretty cheap for my sister that can't have wheat and I dont reckon they'd be too tricky to make yourself at home!

Are we all thinking about veggie Christmas yet?I did a big wild mushroom pie for Christmas dinner last year...what does everyone else do?
xxxxxxxx

Nutroast, usually lemon and pine nut. Pretty sure I would rather have a mushroom pie though! Yum.

Ooooh just remembered we had some meat-free Lincolnshire Asda own brand sausages that were quite low on salt not long ago but pretty sure they would still have wheat in...x

Nutroast, usually lemon and pine nut. Pretty sure I would rather have a mushroom pie though! Yum.

I'm not a massive fan of nutroast.I think because when I first went veggie everyone was always saying 'Oh you're a vegetarian?I'll do a nice nutroast for you' and now I've eaten enough of it to put me off for life xxx

Ha, lol! I don't like any nutroast apart from that one. Just tastes a bit like stuffing for me! I've never attemped anything better than that at xmas as it's usually only me eating it and I don't see the point!

I will have to get better at pies, it's the pastry I'm rubbish at :(.

I love the quorn roast, and think we'll be doing that but coating it in herbs :)

Granose do a sausage mix that is so tasteless I think there must be almost no salt at all! I've not heard of any without wheat though.

A google found this: https://www.thesomersetsausagecompany.co.uk/glutenveggi/index.htm there is a sausage without gluten and meat a bit down the page. Might be salty though.

If you search for gluten free that seems to be the easiest.

I had some of the granose sausage mix the other day! I shoved loads of herbs in it though so although it tasted a bit odd I didn't notice a lack of salt! :lol:

sneaking in.. :loo: :rofl:!!

i was a veggie growing up until i was 16, then when i moved into my OHs parents house i had to start eating some meat because there were 12 living in the house at the time and they just werent understanding at all..

anyway i settled into eating meat about once/twice a week and thats the way its stayed really. when my OH is away working or is out for the evening i always cook veggie and when he is here i cook him meat and sometimes ill have some too.

with me its that i just dont like the taste of meat.. i dont see the need for it on the plate :shrug: im much happier with a plate of veg,rice,pasta or whatever. like when i make spag bol my husband has it with mince and i just make mine and the kids with courgette,peppers and onions. still tastes the same without all the fat and gristly mince :thumbup:

my kids have never really eaten meatand they have veggie meals in nursery, we did BLW with both of them and neither of them like the meat theyve tried anyway :shrug:

but now im starting afresh with being a 'real' vegetarian again... but i will still make OH meals with meat in. im also cutting down on my dairy intake as i think im intollerent so i need to work out how to balance it all.

anybody got tips or recipes?

Hellooo Tezzy, will say hi properly in a bit, and see if I can think of anything useful to say, off out now! :lol:

Hey just noticed you're due around xmas! Woo!

6th Jan!!So about a week and a half after Christmas!!I'm hoping he comes a little bit early though so I can have him here for Christmas!

I had some of the granose sausage mix the other day! I shoved loads of herbs in it though so although it tasted a bit odd I didn't notice a lack of salt! :lol:

Granose do a sausage mix that is so tasteless I think there must be almost no salt at all! I've not heard of any without wheat though.

A google found this: https://www.thesomersetsausagecompany.co.uk/glutenveggi/index.htm there is a sausage without gluten and meat a bit down the page. Might be salty though.

If you search for gluten free that seems to be the easiest.

How do you guys find the texture of the Granose stuff?I've had their mince but I just found the texture really mushy and disgusting :sick:

Hiya Tezzy!Welcome welcome.:flower: What kind of recipes are you looking for chick and I'll try and think of some?

xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->