Veggie christmas dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildflower79

Reaction score
Is anyone here veggie or catering for a veggie this christmas? What are you eating?

I'm not sure what I'm going to have this year. Not keen on nut roasts! In the past I've had stuffed peppers/squash, veggie wellingtons and tarts.

I'm vegeterian and usually cook quorn roast. My daughter just tried vegetarian toad in hole which I cooked from scratch and loved so might do that

We are a all veggie family. My husband likes a roast dinner a few times a year but I am not a huge fan of them. For me they just don't seem very special for Christmas either. Last year my husband made a great vegetable and feta strudel served with honey roasted vegetables. This year we are having a selection of appetisers for a starter and for a main course either individual spinach, mushroom, and feta pies with baked ratatouille (has a topping on) or individual vegetable lesagna stacks served with puul apart cheese and garlic bread balls shaped like a Christmas tree. We normally end up eating too much so instead of a regular desert I am thinking a chocolate selection served with mini sparklers but my husband is not convinced in that bit.

We try out 2-3 main course before Christmas and pick the best for the day. However we are yet to try out the 2 I have in mind yet.

I've done quorn fillets before as well. If done in slow cooker is yummy

oooooh i like a nice nut roast

:haha:

have you tried the quorn roasts?
tesco do a beef style one you might like

wellington sounds nice though
making me hungry now

:rofl:

A recipie I do which always goes down well is I get quorn fillets, then use Philadelphia cream chrase and cover whole thing and then put bread crumbs over.

Last couple of years I've made the Simon Rimmer mushroom and cranberry Wellington. I did a test run in November and my carnivore "veggie food is all rubbish" BIL liked it so much he took the leftovers home and made it himself for some friends.

Great ideas! Making me hungry now too!

I've never really tried much quorn stuff. Have had the odd Linda Mccartney sausages, which were alright.

OmiOmen - sounds like a lovely veggie feast in your house. We're having dinner at inlaws and I'll be the only veggie there, so it'll just be something separate for me. Mil is a great cook though and nothing is too much trouble for her to prepare, so I'm lucky. Also, like the choc and sparklers dessert idea. Probably wouldn't convince my hubby either, he likes his sherry trifle too much :dohh:

Button - was just looking at that recipe. I'm sure it was the same one I had a few years ago, or something very similar. It was lovely!

I also love cranberry and chestnut stuffing yum

We always go to my parents who go all out with the vegetables, potatoes, stuffing etc. That we just have a quorn roast so it can be just put into the oven without any hassel. Its not actually something we eat very often so is quite a treat.

I was veggie for five years before Lucas, I had a quorn roast every year Christmas. Had to be as close as possible to the real thing for me :lol:

My mum made a butternut squash and goats cheese pie for my OH and my dad last year, i tried some and liked it more than our meat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"