Very confused... HELP! (please)

L.E.

Mom of 1, TTC #2
Reaction score
:help: Has anyone had a random dark (but not positive) OPK and does it mean anything really? I had one earlier in the month and was hoping that maybe it was supposed to be my surge and that I'd ovulate. I don't temp or anything else. Anyway, I'd tried to check my cervix many times last month when my "cycle" was still all crazy (bleeding/spotting all the time). I pretty much gave up since I don't know what I'm feeling for and I thought my cervix was super low (though maybe I wasn't doing it right) as in only about and inch or so in. Now I can't even reach my cervix. Ok so I just tried again and the only thing I can figure is that it's sort of sideways to the left... if that's what I'm feeling then I'd say it's high and very soft. I've had slippery cm for several days but can't say I've checked every day in my cycle... up higher it's a little white like lotion (tmi). I've included 2 OPK pics from today. The first one was around 3:30 pm and I think I'd held my urine for about 3 hrs... the first morning urine was very negative, the one at 4:30 was negative, the one at 6:40 pm was very negative, as was the one from tonight (2nd pic) where I held my urine for 4 hours. The first pic is the 3:30 pm one at about 8 mins and the 2nd pic is from 11:30 around 7 mins. I know the first wasn't considered positive, but the others were so light I has me wondering what's going on. Sorry to be so long winded. PS I took a FRER this morning and and IC and they were BFN. So does anyone have any ideas where at I could be in my cycle? I may not even ovulate. This is my first normal-ish cycle in a loooong time.:wacko:

Attachments

• opk 12-6-10.pdf
    6.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 12-6 at 11 pm.pdf
    7.3 KB · Views: 12
PS on the 11:30 pm one the line was there but very light.... you can't really see a line in the scan... And here are the jpg versions of the pics... Oh yea and the time earlier in my cycle where I had the same thing was 14 days ago...

Attachments

• opk 12-6-10.jpg
    opk 12-6-10.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 12-6 at 11 pm.jpg
    12-6 at 11 pm.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 16
Those both look Neg hun, you will almost always get a line on an OPK cuz we always have LH in our system, when we ovulate it surges which is when your OPK should be as dark or darker than the controle line.

Iv had several pos OPKs this cycle and i have no idea why, iv now switched brands as i think the ones iv been using are too sensitive (first response OPK) now using IC's!!

I almost always have some sort of line, but not as dark as the first picture... that's rare for me. I know it's not positive, but I'm wondering why it would be so much darker on one vs the others during that day. This month I've just been testing once a day most days since I have no idea if/when I will ovulate. Thanks for the reply. :)

Have you checked out the gallery thread?

https://www.babyandbump.com/ovulations-tests/7056-test-brand-dpo-results-2.html#post4231507

Here's a good pic that you can compare with.

Thanks. I understand about the progression, what's positive, what's not. I don't understand why I'll get an almost positive then back to very light. I know some people never see a true positive and without temping I don't know (temping is not an option really for me). Anyway... :)

Or did you mean I should post this in the gallery thread?

Or did you mean I should post this in the gallery thread?

no no, just for reference.
It's either you have short surge or your OPK strips aren't the good quality/not sensitive enough

See the pics on this site, on March 14th, the website owner used 2 different brands at the same time, one shows darker line than the other.

https://www.peeonastick.com/opkodyssey.html

Too bad you can't temping, because it's the only way to confirm you ovulate or not.

Thanks. I've read and read on forums (just don't post much), on here, on google searches, that website.... all over trying to figure my body out.... To no avail. I am hopeful that at least I may have a somewhat normal cycle this month and then can go from there and figure more out. :) I may try checking my bbt in another month or so if I can get a couple normal cycles in.

I'm like you and never get a true positive on a opk. I take the darkest one as my positive and back it up with temps. Your temp should shoot up when ovulation has occured :winkwink: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->