Very Early Pregnancy and a Few Drinks

iaa1

Reaction score
I just got two faint bfp's this morning, but I really didn't think that was going to be the case since we weren't really trying and this is the first time we didn't use protection.

So, I had been having a few drinks after work everyday. I would have two or three beers or a daquiri. I don't drink all day or anything, on the weekend I might have four beers the whole day at the most. I am at 12 dpo today, so I could have been pregnant for six days or less while drinking.

Could this affect the baby this early?

It could, but I think the chances aren't likely. From what I have read the first six weeks or so the baby is separate to you and does not receive nutrients from what you are eating and drinking until you are connected somehow. So it should be ok. Not that it's a get out of jail free card for everyone to do it, but I'm sure many women (even MIL) have had drinks in early pregnancy.

See what others say though as they may know more. I haven't had any kids yet.

I drank and smoked loads the month I got my BFP. Obviously I stopped immediately but my lo is fine. Not that I'd condone it of course but if you don't know you don't know! You can't put your life on hold every few weeks just in case....

With DS1 I had 1-2 Amaretto Sours every night when I got home from work until AF was a day late and I got my bfp. He was a very healthy baby and a very smart active little boy now. I have a family member who smoke and drank throughout her entire pregnancies (which I am totally against) and both of her kids are healthy teenagers.
Don't stress yourself out! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

Thanks so much, guys! I feel much better now. I kept thinking I shouldn't have because I knew there was a chance, but I thought it was just a 20 percent chance. What a surprise!

Congrats!! From what I read, baby is separate in the two week wait so it shouldn't be a problem at all! Keep in mind we are finding out very early if we are pregnant. In the past people were drinking until they realized their period never came!

Firstly congratulations. Secondly I had my works Xmas night out a couple of days before my BFP and like you was first month with no protection so really wasn't expecting! I drank so much wine and sambucca that I fell over on the dance floor twice and was violently sick the whole of the next day (I don't normally let myself get so drunk) when I got my BFP a few days later I was so worried but I had a perfectly healthy baby who is now two and had no problems so far!

H&h 9 months x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->