Very faint line on early predictor - worried as heard very bad reviews- opinions?

ladyV84

Reaction score
Hi,

So I've not been on here much this cycle as I was posting none stop the last couple and getting so down when my af arrived.
This cycle I've been much more relaxed and we haven't been dtd as much (only when we felt like it) and no obsessions about when I've ovulated etc.

However I am due af end of the week and decided I would test today. I bought two early predictor tests and tested this afternoon with a 4 hour hold.

There was nothing at first but within ten mins I saw a very faint line, it got stronger over the next 20 mins and has stayed ever since.

It really is very faint but def there and hubby can even see it which is a shock!!

Anyways cue us being really excited when I decided to google the brand and saw all the HORRIBLE bad experiences people have had with them...

So now don't believe the result at all and feel really duped.

Hubby says they wouldn't be in business if they're results where that bad but there is a lot out there!

Opinions please??! Anyone used early predictor and it was correct or any really bad experiences? Thanks and baby dust xxxxxx

The brand is called Early predictor ? I had never heard of them before tonight but they were the best my local chemist had!! X

Unfortunately that would be an evap. The result has to be read within the time the test states. Normally tests will say to look by ten minutes. Often the result comes in between 8-10 minutes. After that it is considered an evap and is not a result. Especially at 20 minutes it is not an acurate result. Maybe try with a FRER.

I dont know about that brand, however all hpts will get evaps after the alloted time. Just make sure to always read the result during the time stated on the instructions. Dont read anything past that time as its not accurate. The only tests ive really used were the clearblue and the FRER. Those two are fantastic hpts.

Would usually agree but this test said leave for 5 mins and then check after 15.. The line was def there before 15 mins xxx

It sounds like there could be some potential if it was there within the time limit! I'm not sure if I have used that brand, but I've used brands with similar "bad" reviews that have gone both ways. I had what I thought was an evaporation line when it was really a bfp (ended in m/c), and I've also had lines that I thought could be a line and ended up being evaporation lines. Did it have any color?!

I hope that faint line turns into a beautifully colored BFP soon!!! Keep us posted! :happydance:

Thanks bamluby, I tend to agree that there is good & bad said about all brands- some absolutely hate blue dye whilst others swear by it!
I checked it again before I came to bed, def some colour there but then I've seen other peoples tests online with really convincing pink lines that turned out to be negatives !! Why can't anything be simple!!!!

I have one more early predictor, going to do it tomorrow fmu.. If we get the same as today hubby is going to get some frers to test with tomorrow evening!

I will most def keep you posted :) xx

Of course! Well you are much strong than I am! I would have probably wasted at least three tests already if I thought I saw a line :haha:

Yes, I'm honestly not partial to any brand because they all likely have some potential for error. FRERs are definitely good, but they are too darn expensive for daily testers! :haha: I will say that I have never had an evaporation line on a pink-dye test, but even though I have had colored evaporation lines on blue-dye tests, I still use them occasionally. Either way, I tend to hold on to the belief that if the line has color it is more likely to be a true positive than a false positive or evaporation line. I genuinely hope that is the case for you!! But yes, it really would be nice if everything TTC-related would be more simple!!!

Good luck testing again! I look forward to hearing how it goes! :happydance:

Hmm that is strange that it would say to check it after another 15 mins. That is probably why it has many bad reviews because accurate results should appear within five minutes and anything past 10 shouldnt be counted on. Ive heard from many on here that the dollar store cheapies work just as great as any of the best. I wouldnt trust a test that basically tells you to see the result within 20 mins. Good luck and hopefully you do get an accurate bfp, but i highly recommend you buying a cheapie and see what it shows on there as well just to be certain since there have been tons of bad reviews on those ones. Fx.

Another faint line on today's early predictor - lighter than yesterday's though and have bad cramps today so I'm presuming I'm out :(

Xxx

Not necessarily, with my last daughter I swore AF was coming, I had AF symptoms for over a week, I wouldn't test because I was sure I wasn't preg, but turned out I was. Don't give up til the witch actually arrives xx

Darn it! Did you end up buying another brand to test with this evening, or are you going to just wait it out? I agree with MUMOF5; don't give up until AF arrives!

:dust:

Hi ladies!thanks for your comments...

Ive now done 2 frers & did a cb digi today - All BFN!!!! I'm now a date late for af too!!!

I guess I'm out though as should def be getting bfp by now :(

Hope you're all doing better than me!!! X

Yeah I'd stay away from those tests!

My last bfp was on one and was a squinter that developed after being left for up to 40 mins one afternoon. Tested pos on a digi the next morning and took the other predictor early test I had and it was bfn.

I spent a LOT on hpts the week following that frantically doing line comparisons. I was going bfp/bfn/bfp/bfn...very stressful

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->