Very first post and a little scared :(

beci

Reaction score
Hi Girls,
I'm 28 and just moved to Darwin as my partner is in the army, so i'm really new and don't know where to start ???
About two weeks ago I started feeling really tired, waking to many times during the night to go pee, sicky (threw up a couple of times) and had mild adversions to food I love eating. I naturally assumed I could be pregnant but seeing as my period wasn't due for another week (29/05/12) I decided not to test. However by the Saturday night i had fainted in the kitchen for no reason so i went to the doctor on sunday.
He said to me it was highly unlikely that i was pregnant and said i had ross river fever instead. I asked him to do a hcg blood test anyway. I had the tests done the next day (Monday the 28th ), Af was due the following the day and that's when I could recieve my hcg results. It was negative (<2). I asked the doctor for the depo provera as we were going to give it a rest. One week later being today (4/6/12) I felt really off so I had one test left (forelife ultra plus). I thought no harm in trying it but was really shocked to see a faint line come up within a minute..... Now i'm not sure what to think or do ??? can I please have some advice as I have already had children and I am classed as high risk!!!

Hi I'm new too! If you don't mind me asking what are you high risk for? I would wait a while and test again next week maybe then go back to the doctors if there is still a line. I'm sure they will take notice if you are high risk.

Hi I'm new here as well :) made an account ages ago but have only just started using it properly :)

I'm 8 days late on and been having sickness, fatigue dizziness and a weird pain in my lower abdomen. Can't do a test till tomorrow afternoon as its been bank holidays since Friday here and the chemist hasn't been open! Ahh, I'm going mad not knowing, so have been googling it quite a lot (I know it's really bad!) but apparently it's normal for people to have a lower hcg level and because you took the test before your period was due, it's possible your levels were lower!

I hear you very rarely get a false positive so congratulations on your BFP!

Good luck
Lauryn :)

Yes, the hCg level gets higher and higher, so might just not have been enough to register yet! I know when I got a positive test, I went and bought 3 MORE tests to be sure! Then I went to the dr to have him test. So I'd say may have been too soon to test and maybe that's why the dr said he didn't want to do it then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->