very serious TMI - the worst experience ever ##UPDATE PG 2##

this has happened to me a few times and that was before i even got pregnant! I hate my digestive system, theres never a happy balance, its either on fast forward or so slow i dont go for a fortnight or so. The longer u go without a movement the harder n drier it gets (sorry gross i know). I have a lovely bout of piles now and am trying so hard to avoid being bunged up again! Best thing i ever did was eat a whole punnet of grapes, 2 bowls of shreddies and drank 1 litre of apple juice - in one evening. It was all the suggestions from ladies when i posted back in 2nd tri, i've not been too bad since. Just keep your fruit n veg intake up and try high fibre cereals like shreddies, fruit n fibre and bran flakes. Oh and walking around a lot before going.

Try magnesium citrate. It makes you have the runs for a day or so but it works! You're supposed to drink 2 bottles of it, but you could try one and see how it works, then drink the next one if nothing's happening.

I drank it once and having the runs sucked (you can't even fart without being on the toilet) but getting everything out felt great afterward.

Sorry you're so traumatized. But it's your body and you do what you have to do when situations arise lol.

I know the feeling,.I started taking fybogel daily due to bad constipation caused by iron tablets and it made a big difference.

aw hun glad to see that you are now unblocked. . . it is making me want to eat fibre breakfasts from now on though xkx

I've had the same problem in the past - it's awful. :hugs:

The worst being one morning before work when I was already running late, tried to go really really quickly and got stuck half-way. I tried... and tried... and tried... and couldn't - but couldn't get off the loo! :blush:

Not sure if anyone else has ended up resorting to these kinds of things but I remember ending up having to go through a routine of leaning forward, leaning backward, rocking side-to-side, standing up, sitting down, straining, feet up on the side of the bath, more straining, walking around the bathroom, more straining... and *still* couldn't go!

Hope it gets better for everyone soon!

xxxx

aw babe :hugs: I know it is gross but its quite common when people are that constipated. Atleast you did it yourself and a nurse didnt need to. Drink lots of water and eat loads of fibre and fruit.

for future reference, best way to move your bowels is elbows on knees, feet flat on the floor and shoulder width apart.

put vasleine inside your bum and around it it will help them slip out. fruit jucie is a good softener and get some fibre gel or something x

Awww honey sounds awful, I've not yet had this awful nasty symptom however my Mam gets constipated quite regular and she has mentioned the above little remedy, but takes fybogel quite regularly - not sure if its suitable in pregnancy though honey, check it out with GP first, I hope you bowels get a sp[eedy recovery!! xxx

awww im so sorry for you :(:( pregnancy is a b*tch some times :( - i would definitely speak to your doc and get something prescribed that you know is going to really work xx

oops sorry just read your update.....so glad your feeling ab it better now and hope it doesnt come back to get you !!! xx

A friend mine was constipated once and she finally felt the urge to go at my house. It was like a bloody pineapple sitting in the bottom of the toilet. No joke.

Poor thing.

I've had the same problem in the past - it's awful. :hugs:

The worst being one morning before work when I was already running late, tried to go really really quickly and got stuck half-way. I tried... and tried... and tried... and couldn't - but couldn't get off the loo! :blush:

Not sure if anyone else has ended up resorting to these kinds of things but I remember ending up having to go through a routine of leaning forward, leaning backward, rocking side-to-side, standing up, sitting down, straining, feet up on the side of the bath, more straining, walking around the bathroom, more straining... and *still* couldn't go!

Hope it gets better for everyone soon!

xxxx

oh yes i did all of the routine before resorting to doing it myself, i was rocking squatting, on al fours , leaning forward lifting bum up which only produced a little fart.

I too a couple of wks ago found it hard to go before leaving for work but i managed to and was just a little late which i did explaine to my boss why(female boss) and she understood but 2 wks ago i was struggling but still managing, last two times ive needed to go ive really struggled but that today was something else.

It really was the worst experience of my life, ive just been to sleep this evening for a couple of hours and i was dreaming about doing what i did and couldnt stop dreaming about it or wake up propperly it was awful.

I have however since taking some more of that stool softener managed to do about four farts which is something i havnt done in such a long time and it felt so good just to be able to do that lol:blush:

:hugs:
Lactulose is my saviour!!! i take it everyday and have done for a while :thumbup:
keep taking it and it won't happen again..:hugs:

Oh I feel so bad for you!! I had something similar the other day, it took so long to come out and when it did it felt like it had razor blades in it or something!! Afterwards I thought I'd given birth out of my bum, I felt like I had a gaping hole back there! :nope:

Oh god that sounds SO AWFUL.

I spent half of my Easter on the toilet, crying and rocking back and forth. It was half out, half in, and there was no turning back. OH kept checking on me, he thought I was dying. I wanted to take a picture after it came out, it was SO GIGANTIC I was almost bizarrely proud. And then it bled and bled and bled, I ended up just sitting in the bathtub waiting for the bleeding to stop.

No one tells you about this one joy of pregnancy.

I ended up stopping my iron pills, I can't handle the horrible constipation, now I just eat tons of high-iron food.

Ha, just keep on top of it...thats what I had to do...nothing else was working for me i.e., fruit, veggies, prunes, etc...I need to take the meds regularly or I get backed up. And I NEVER want to give myself an enema again...that was horrible. Thankfully I've been good for about 8 weeks now or so...just don't think because you're not having trouble that you can stop the meds. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->