• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Very slow hcg drop after d&c

No sadly the 39 wasnt the week before that was just when they got me to have a tumor hcg as well this is what my levels have been

2 weeks post D&C - 550
3 weeks post D&C - 180
4 weeks post D&C - 80
6 weeks post D&C - 44
7 weeks post D&C - 40 (tumor hcg was 39)
8 weeks post D&C - 29
9 weeks post D&C - 23
9.5 weeks post D&C - 17 ( I had this great drop due to some bleeding but it was old)
10 weeks post D&C - 12
11 weeks post D&C - 10
12 week post D&C - 8 (they did two and the other type was 7)

ALMOST THERE!!! Are they suggesting you hold off on TTC until they can find a cause?

No they didnt say anything about preventing. I dont know if he really is that worried

Well if they aren't worried then hopefully that number goes up next week--your 7DPO now right?

Thanks for your reply, mrsKa...I believe they ruled out molar, as they had the tissue from the d&c sent in and it came back as 'normal products of conception.'. But who knows if these tests are always accurate? Good news for both of us is that our levels are not plateaued or increasing, and I've read lots of stories of other women waiting 8-12 weeks for hcg to go down, where no molar was diagnosed. So, it seems that it does happen, and life goes on afterwards.

Had my levels tested again on Thursday, came back at 19 now (six weeks after d&c). Doc wants to have me come in this week for another ultrasound. Don't know what could possibly come of it? Still getting pos. hpt as of this morning, though very faint. I test every day...just so anxious and hopeful for a bfn that I can't seem to stop myself.

Hang in there....you are so close! It will seem like a distant memory soon :)

Ttc1at34 they are probably just making sure there are no retained products ! so good that your doc is being pro-active I wasn't given a scan until I ended up in hospital screaming in pain ! I SO know the feeling of testing and being desperate for a negative !!! I know it doesn't feel like it but you are low now, not technically considered pregnant anyway. Hopefully they return to normal soon !

Just got back from the doctor, she found a small piece of something on the ultrasound, and recommended methotrexate if my levels don't come back below 7 tomorrow. I have been using opk strips twice daily for the last couple of weeks, and how's this for timing- it came up positive today. So, apparently I am about to ovulate even though my levels are not at zero yet. Now I am not sure if I should go through with the meth. injection, or if I should just try again right now? I wonder if there's any risk to becoming pg now, without having had AF, and knowing there is a small bit of rpoc left. So confused :(

MrsKA, have you been checking to see if you might be ovulating?

Hi Ladies, new to the forum but desperate for some encouraging words from those who have experienced what I am.
My hcg levels are currently at 20.
I first discovered a positive home preg test in January. Went in for a scan in february - blighted ovum diagnosed. After a couple more scans, a definite blighted ovum confirmed so i tried cytotec vaginally twice to try to avoid the d and c butit did not work - scan was still showing a sac so i had the d and c done in March. In april i took a preg test at home since i was not getting my period - it came back positive. Blood test showed an hcg level of 45. Since then, a weekly blood test is as follows :
Methotrexate injection on may 1
20 on monday may 7
Blood test scheduled for the 14th. I am praying it will be at zero since i had a coupke of bleeds after may 7. this has been such a long struggle i just dont know what i will do if the number has not come down to zero.
How did you ladies make out? Any news on your progress? Encourage words or advice? This is so hard?

Hi Mjef2881

In the end they diagnosed me with having a partial molar pregnancy as it took 14 weeks for my levels to return to 0. Why are they giving you methotrexate ??? I was never given methotrexate and I had a dodgy pathology result ?

I finally got my first proper period on April 12th and I was meant to be monitored for the next 6 months via fortnightly blood test to make sure my hcg levels remained at zero but I have just found out that i'm pregnant !

They aren't too worried as apparently the real concern lies with woman whose levels plateau or rise, mine always dropped as yours have just slowly.

Hi ladies, thought I'd just tell my experience. I was diagnosed blighted ovum at 8 weeks , eventually mc at 12 weeks that was 30/3 .. I had hcg tested 6 weeks post mc an they were at 130, gp told me I was bfp again,.I went to epu 2 days later and they has dropped ro 110 , then again to 84:( . I had a scan last week as I was getting occasional striking pains , was def in uterus but hospital said no infection and thing ok. They did day that lining of uterus had thickened again but put this down to af die to start. I'm not convinced and worried that it was another bfp that had gone wrong again but suppose I'll never know. I did have bfp on clear blue saying 1 to two weeks at 6 weeks post mc but they are saying it's hcg taking long time to go down. I had hcg tested yesterday n get results on Monday so I'm hoping it's going down again. I have still had no sign of af. I feel so frustrated with it all especially with gp telling me it was bfp:( ..... I am trying to focus on getting healthy to try an distract myself but it's not really working.I know I will feel much better when i get af so at least I know my body is starting to recover. I don't know about other ladies but I also am still quite uncomfortable which is frustrating and stomach pulls when I walk for more than 10 mins .. So annoying .. Hope to be back to normal soon,...,keep plodding on ..I have 2 beautiful boys can't wait to try again for 3rd as it is first with new partner xx

Congrats on ur bfp :) by the way:hugs:

Hi Mjef2881

In the end they diagnosed me with having a partial molar pregnancy as it took 14 weeks for my levels to return to 0. Why are they giving you methotrexate ??? I was never given methotrexate and I had a dodgy pathology result ?

I finally got my first proper period on April 12th and I was meant to be monitored for the next 6 months via fortnightly blood test to make sure my hcg levels remained at zero but I have just found out that i'm pregnant !

They aren't too worried as apparently the real concern lies with woman whose levels plateau or rise, mine always dropped as yours have just slowly.

Congrats on your BFP!!!!!

Thanks so much ladies ! I am cautiously excited !

understandable---Partial Molar will do that to ya. Still haven't fully let the guard down. My 12 weeks scan is scheduled for this Friday so hoping that will bring good news and I can relax a little!

Hi mrska. Thank you so much for your reply.
I was given the methotrexate because that is something that the doctor suggested may work to help bring the levels down faster. The doctor thought that the d and c may not have gotten everything 100% so it was worth a try. It is almost 2 weeks ago that i got the injection so im hoping tomorrows blood test will be my last for a little while!
My pathology showed no abnormal tissue. I had a total of 4 scans even before the d+c and none pointed to a molar pregnancy. I never bled after the d+c either so retained products of conception were never considered to be a cause of the elevated hcg levels. Chemical pregnancy came up but there was no way i was pregnant again as my husband and i were really careful.
It is now over 9 weeks of very stubborn hcg levels post d+c. I am so close yet still so far. So emotionally drained!

Oh goodness! And congrats on your pregnancy!!! I hope things will go a lot smoothly for you this time! I think us girls go through so much - we all deserve some good news - even if it's not ours :)

Wow they wouldn't give me anything, not even provera to just give a proper bleed ! I completely understand the journey, every week I would ring the doctors for my blood results in hopes that they had gone back to normal and it was painstaking ! especially the last 6 weeks where I dropped at a rate of 2 per week ! Fingers crossed that tomorrow brings you good news !

Hi apple111.
I have the same pulls you are describing. Also feeling a sensation of fullenss in the uterus and experiencing some bouts of nausea here and there. It kinda feels as it did when i first found out i was pregnant! Are you getting some pains too?
I hope you get some good news tomorrow! Im still struggling to bring this last 20 down and like you hope to get a period soon. Never in my life have i wanted a period so badly! I guess its cause i know with a period comes potential ovulation and with ovulation comes another chance to ttc again.
Keep us posted on what your levels are and best of luck to you!

They typically give mthotrexate to someone who has an ectopic preganancy. Its supposed stop the hcg levels from increasing. Any and all research ive done does not explain how it works for a possible failed d+c /elevated hcg levels so i dont know if it will speed up the decrease in hcg levels for me or not. There is nothing i can do but wait after that i suppose. Not sure what the plan of care would be if the levels are still not at zero but i have to say your story gives me so much hope! Im scared to death that this slow progressing drop means that there is something wrong with me and that it will effect future attempts and pregnancies but through you i see a light at the end of the tunnel.
Thanks for the well wishes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"