• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Very slow hcg drop after d&c

I had a very slow drop as well.. No one gave me any answers, they all said it was normal, which sucked, cause I read and read all of these post, saying that EVERYONES levels dropped within two weeks. So its very discouraging. It took we a total of 10 weeks for my levels to get back down below 5hcg... I feel your pain, and am so sorry you are going through this. It is very frustrating not knowing what your body is doing. I know!!

Katie

Thanks for all the love ladies! : ) Never have i ever thought that slow dropping HCG levels would be so crippling - it's really all you think about until its all over. To all that are just starting to experience slow drops, know that it all does come to an end.

My doctor never gave retained products a thought because after my first d+c i bled for about a week and then stopped (very typical post d+c). If there were retained products, it was expected that bleeding would continue for weeks after the procedure.
After a few hcg blood tests an ultrasound was finally done but informally in the docs office with a not so great machine. It wasnt until a formal scan about a week after the informal scan was completed that a 3mm culprit was discovered. I wish the formal scan was done
sooner cause it would save me a lot of waiting but it is what it is - cant go back now.

I am going through the same- had a d&c a week and a half ago...no spotting for the first week but this week lots of spotting- some red, some brown, some even dark yuck stuff! I am so anxious to use the ladies!

I will have first hcg test on monday (so 2 weeks since d&c) I m/c at 10 weeks.

Wanted to know if the spotting might mean that there is going to be a higher HCG so I can prepare.

Doctors said we could try right away but most seem to wait! I am so confused, but finally accepting the reality of the loss and trying to prepare for what lies ahead.

Wow! Just read this entire thread and most of you have been through the ringer! :hug: to every one of you! Glad to see that you are pregnant again MrsKA and that your ordeal is finally over Mjef2881!!!
I had a d&c on May 11 (10 weeks 2 days, baby stopped growing at 8 weeks 2 days)...bled for almost 2 weeks...have had a few days in the past week where I had really bad cramps and bleeding again. But, at 5 1/2 weeks post d&c I am still testing positive on hpt's! I am going to call tomorrow to ask if pathology was done and what the results were. And to ask if I can come in to get blood taken. I never had any follow ups to check if my hcg was falling or how fast it was falling. Thanks to everyone who shared their stories!

Hi ladies not been on here for a while had so much going on, moving house ect... Wow I can't believe what been going on , hope ur doing ok mrsk n mjef what an ordeal xx My hcg finally went down but took about 9 weeks.. I got af on 30/5 ..so in tww period now.. So stressful..I've been getting kind of light cramps for a couple of days.. I'm roughly 7dpo going off temp and ewcm , that's if I ovulated??...u never know It might be little bean getting comfy:) cycle all over so wouldnt know when to test.. Gonna wait to see if af turns up at end of month. I am so hypersensitive around my stomach and notice every twinge lol.. I think mc has definately made me more aware of that area anyway... U start to imagine symptoms don't u lol..talk soon ladies I'll update :)

Thanks 3 x times blessed everything here is going well, I had a scan 2 days ago and little beany baby is 10 weeks (last baby died at 8.5 weeks) so it was a relief to see it alive and well ! You should request serial hcg bloods just to make sure you are dropping, whilst 5 weeks isn't abnormal it's not that common to still be seeing + HPT at this stage. Although hcg does leave your urine last so your blood hcg will be lower. How dark are the hpts ?

Apple yah so glad to hear that your numbers finally went down ! it is the biggest release when they do, you feel bloody amazing ! fx that this is your wee baby snuggling in !

Thanks 3 x times blessed everything here is going well, I had a scan 2 days ago and little beany baby is 10 weeks (last baby died at 8.5 weeks) so it was a relief to see it alive and well ! You should request serial hcg bloods just to make sure you are dropping, whilst 5 weeks isn't abnormal it's not that common to still be seeing + HPT at this stage. Although hcg does leave your urine last so your blood hcg will be lower. How dark are the hpts ?

Apple yah so glad to hear that your numbers finally went down ! it is the biggest release when they do, you feel bloody amazing ! fx that this is your wee baby snuggling in !

Thanks MrsKA! The woman I talked to at the doctor's office was quite rude and said it was normal and to stop wasting money on pregnancy tests! I did do an ovulation test yesterday and it finally came up negative so I feel like I am on the road to being hcg free! Otherwise I would insist on having my blood tested to make sure it was dropping.

Glad to hear that yours dropped--- after two weeks I was still getiing very positive and increased spotting so I went back and had a 2nd d&c. First was 6/5 and second was 6/21. On 6/21 HCG was still 500. I hope that this is the end and it will come down. I take a test every day to look for the line (thank godness for the online ones) beacuse I could never view it as a waste of money, when, like you ladies this is the most important thing going on now! i hope you can all get back to TTC soon! I lost #1 at 10 weeks :( really want to get back on that path again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->