Very slow rising hcg levels

Wishing89

Mama to one beautiful DS
Reaction score
Hi ladies, I originally posted in first tri but might be able to get a bit more help here.

Basically I found out I was pregnant with my second child 8 days ago. I have had 2 blood tests done as follows:-

4w 4d hcg 122 (dr said my dates must be off i'm only 4 weeks)
5w 1d hcg 250 (nearly 4 days doubling time, dr was concerned)

I have an appointment today with the doctor again and i am going to ask for another hcg test and progesterone. Basically at this stage this just looks like a non-viable pregnancy. What i want to know is at this stage from what i have read nothing will show up if i have an ultrasound. From my internet searches it appears that it could either be a blighted ovum or ectopic. Basically what i want to know is if this has happened to anyone what is the procedure???

I feel like if it is non viable then eventually my body will do what it has to but honestly I am terrified to start bleeding. I fear that I will start cramping and bleeding while i'm at work or something. Do doctors do d & cs this early?

I know i'm not completely out yet but honestly if my hcg levels continue to rise slowly I don't think I'll ever get to a stage where they will be able to see anything on an u/s.

Anyone know anything about this sort of situation?? TIA ladies xxx

everyone rises different right now yhour rising so its a good thing..

i would keep getting bloods and see how it goes

good luck

Thanks justhoping but i'm sure it's no good. I had a further blood two days following the last one and it was only 335 so no good.

Anyway just had to put a pad in I think I'm bleeding a bit and I'm sure it will get heavier as the day goes on. I'm at work at the moment which sounds wierd but I don't really even feel like I should go home. Because I expected this it hasn't really come as a big shock and I feel okay to just go on about things as normal. Is that strange? I guess everyone handles things differently.

I'm going through the same thing. I just got back from the doc And my 2nd Vag ultra sound. The doc broke the news that there is a sac but that's about all he can see (right now) , got blood drawn for 2nd HCG test and I go back on Tuesday. He's thinking dates are off but it's all just wait and see, I'm just as scared/worried as you. Keeping you in my thoughts! Good luck

Hi girls, can I join you. I am pretty sure I can't be less than 6 weeks but my HCG is only 500...
My digital tests are not going over the 2/3 weeks and the others are staying quite pale... My last pregnancyy tests were really really dark and my levels were in the tens of thousands by now :(
Having another set of bloods tomorrow but really worried, I hope i get the result same day otherwise the weekend will be horrible. Mind you if my levels are crappy the weekend will be horrible too!

I really hope everything is okay and you're just a bit earlier Chrissycat! Let me know how you go. I'll have my fingers crossed for you xx

Thinking of you to Euronova. It's so horrible when you do your bloods and they come back less than you ever expected :( I cried when I got my second blood results and found out they weren't doubling.

I'm grateful now that I requested a second blood test though or when I started spotting yesterday I would have been an absolute mess at work. I'm sad but glad as well that I got a heads up that something was wrong early on instead of thinking everything was going well. Really this all sucks altogether but I'm just trying to stay positive.

Sorry just noticed you started bleeding :( big hugs to you and I hope it goes as smoothly as these thing can go :(
If I miscarry I am also thankful I got the heads up with the bloods. I have had a feeling since day 1 as my tests aren't getting any darker and with my son within 24hrs of my first test the lines were as as dark as each other.
Just worried about the results and if I miscarry if it will happen naturally and if it will be soon :( just not sure how many experience like this I could handle...
I have always said that I hated infertility but at least I never had to suffer the heartache of a miscarriage... We just don't choose what we get put through :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->