Very Swollen feet and ankles

baby5onboard

Reaction score
Hi,
Just a quickie question, I have had swollen feet and ankles from fairly early on, around 22 weeks and they have had good and bad days but have always gone down overnight with rest.
Well the past 2 days they have been very swollen and puffy, tops are very tender to touch they are so big and havent gone down overnight.
It is impossible to rest them during the day as I have 4 children alreay and hubby being military works long hours.
I havent got any other symptoms and blood pressure has always been fine etc.
Is this anything I should be concerned about do you think or just something thats gonna stick around til LO is here?
Thanks in advance :flower:

If you are really worried ring you midwife but Im in the same boat and I think its going to stick around to be honest.
Mine have only really swollen in the last week and dont go down much by night. Ive got a 3 year old too so sitting with my feet up all day isnt really an option either.
Try to drink plenty of water as that helps and when you can spare a few minutes put them up on the sofa, ideally above your heart.
My feet were horribley swollen in my first pregnancy and the midwife never said much about it as I never had anything else wrong until I was full term (then I got BP problems)

xx

I have this as well, my ankles and calves are really swollen, sore and stiff. Nothing you can do about it really, mine ease overnight but as soon as I get to work and sit at my desk they come back bigger and more swollen! just hope as next week I start maternity they go down a bit with some rest, I don't think the hot/humid weather helps much though!

Hi,
Just a quickie question, I have had swollen feet and ankles from fairly early on, around 22 weeks and they have had good and bad days but have always gone down overnight with rest.
Well the past 2 days they have been very swollen and puffy, tops are very tender to touch they are so big and havent gone down overnight.
It is impossible to rest them during the day as I have 4 children alreay and hubby being military works long hours.
I havent got any other symptoms and blood pressure has always been fine etc.
Is this anything I should be concerned about do you think or just something thats gonna stick around til LO is here?
Thanks in advance :flower:

if your getting yourself worried ring your hospital or your doctor and ask for advice! best of gettin advice form them. explain that normally it goes down but it hasnt. maybe its because your working yourself so hard with having the 4 ids. try get someone to give you a hand someone form your family or even a friend. dont know how you are looking after 4 kids being pregnant i have no kids and i get tired! fair play to you hun!! xx

i would get it checked with mw hun swelling can be a sign of pre eclampsia especially if it isnt going down when you rlegs are elevated :-/

MW told me that fresh pineapple (if you haven't got heartburn), asparagus and herbal teas are all good for getting your kidneys working, which somehow reduces the swollen ankles and fingers. Good luck :D

Here's my poorly swollen feet, I have very skinny feet normally! :(

Attachments

• swollen feet_sm.jpg
    swollen feet_sm.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 3
Thanks everyone, Babyno1, yours look just like mine, like you say the weather doesnt help does it, we shouldnt complain about the heat but its not enjoyable being big and heavy at this stage.
I think I may ring the MW depending how they are in the morning, doesnt seem to matter how much I drink or put them up, nothing really helps them.
I did show the midwife when I last went but they were going down at night at that stage so she said that was a good sign.
Will walking make them better or worse as I have been taking the car on the school run for fear of making them any worse than they already are as they hurt enough as it is.

Well I find them better at the weekends when I'm walking around more and sitting with my feet up, so I think it helps as moving gets the circulation going, you could try circling them to get it moving also I have an ice pack at work which feels nice but doesn't get rid of them! no cure though except having the baby! :(
Mine barely went down over night as well! i'm seeing the midwife tomorrow so will mention it, if they are still bad in the morning!

awww i have EXACTLY the same that size too and my feet are normally skinny minnie !!! They dont go down over night and are like this constantly and just get biger and bigger the more i walk or do !! i think we are just very unlucky but deffo ring ur midwife if your concerned- she can check your wee and bp etc just to make sure :) xxx

I've got same problem, contact your midwife. They kept me in hospital the other morning for monitoring for high blood pressure, but bloods came back clear so was let out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->