very very faint at 9dpo?

lavanya2be

Reaction score
Hello ladies, it is so nice to stumble upon this board as there are many on the net but i found this board really friendly and everyone seem so supportive and nice :)

my story-
my last AF was on 5th oct. I calculated ovulation when i had extreme hunger and sore nips started at 2 dpo(unusual for me unless it was 3 days before AF) around the 18th or 19th oct. (which was the time I had traveled out of the country to visit SO)

I had a ghost of a line last evening at 7pm and then tested again this morning with a cheap strip test and in 2-3 min got a slightly more visible line but had to squint to read it away from direct sunlight/light and seems clearer in the shade?
its still super faint though...
my symptoms since 2dpo had been extreme hunger, sore nips and cramps from 6-8dpo, today hunger seems to have ceased and sore nips arent there anymore but fatigue has set in and i took a 6hr nap yesterday...extreme sleepy..

we weren't actually planning for this as i was taking diane 35 for several years now and only stopped last month to give it a rest, i really didnt think i was going to get preggers as i hear diane 35 can stay in the body for a time..

I got engaged in feb this year and SO is now in his home country working and we are miles and miles apart till Jan next year so this has been a little tough..I did speak to him 2 days ago to let him know we might be pregnant, he is excited but also worry about our situation as we are still saving for a wedding and a home, thanks for hearing me out and just wondering who is also at 9 dpo here and perhaps we swap stories or to just give support. Thanks for hearing me out <3

Up until about 8 dpo its nearly impossible to have any symptoms that are actually pregnancy related. It takes the fertilized egg approx 6 days to travel through your fallopian tube to the uterus. Then it needs to implant, then it starts producing HCG, and then you start getting symptoms. Likely anything you have felt thus far would be in your head and it was a coincidence that you are pregnant. A fant line is a positive but it should be able to be clealry seen without tweaking or holding it the sun, etc. I would say wait two days and test again. My OBGYN strongly advised me not to test before AF was late. Many pregnancies end in miscarriage before your period it due and if you test early and you catch one then you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

I dont mean for this post to be a total downer. I just think its important to know what is going on in your body and to be prepared for all scenereios. I do hope you are pregnant and its a sticky bean. Good luck!

I got my bfp (big faint positive) at 8dpo. The next day it was more vivid so take a test again tomorrow!! Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->