Viability in question :-(

MrsVenn

Reaction score
So I've just got back from the GP and feel so deflated that I need to post just to get it off of my chest. I feel so frustrated.

I had a period on 03/02.
I was then due on 03/03 but got a BFP instead.
Then on 10/03 I started to bleed.
Then last week I got an instant BFP. I've had 4 more since but the GP is concerned.

She thinks it's highly unlikely I fell pregnant straight away after the bleed on 10/03 and so thinks I had 2 eggs, one good, one bad. I shedded the bad but it took out the good one but my body is still tricked thinking I am pregnant :shrug: How? Surely if the egg wasn't there, I'd have had a bleed by now?

So she's refered me asap to EPU for a scan but they've just called (idiot giggly bimbo) asking how far I think I am :dohh::dohh: I mean seriously. I have no idea.

So I could either be 2-3 weeks apparently or 8 potentially :shrug:

I feel so frustrated that I've spoken to two 'experts' today and feel that they didn't understand something so simple. Short of getting a calendar and colouring it in for them..

So tomorrow I've got to get my bloods done and another urine test (why?!) to check what my levels are. If they're higher than 1000, then they'll scan me.

I need to do a CB digi I think. The one I did last week said 2-3 weeks on it so I know something is a miss.

Rant over.

So sorry lovey, what a mess!! Please keep us posted, I hope its good news... :flower:

Was the bleed on 10/03 a bit like a normal period? If so then I would say you have a second pregnancy and I would date it from 10/03 making you exactly 5 weeks today. I don't know why your GP thinks it imposible to fall pregnant after an early miscarriage, it's just a normal cycle like any other!

Congratulations, and I'm sure everything will be fine. Sorry to hear your GP and EPU seem so unprofessional! x

Well they definitely need to keep checking your levels and scanning you. Hopefully you still have a little egg growing in there but on the bad case scenario they need to rule out an ectopic pregnancy. I had exactly what you describe happen to me and I kept getting bfp's after my bleed. Turns out baby was in my tube :nope: They need to keep an eye on things and look after you and your potential baby (hopefully).

Oh no! :( keep us posted. I'm sending lots of good vibes your way and I hope everything works out.

Thanks everyone. They were crap when I had DD four yrs ago... obviously nothing has improved. Sorry, I'm just fed up.

CB says 3+ btw. Xxx

Fingers crossed for you. Hope they're able to scan you tomorrow and you get some good news.

Xx

Erm I got pregnant 16 days after my miscarriage so your doctor is an idiot. It's more proable to get pregnant straight after a miscarriage.

Thanks all. I'll keep you all posted. Have to drag my daughter up to the EPU with a promise of ToysRUs after to keep her happy.

Update: Had my bloods this morning and HCG was 8000+ so I'm back in for a scan shortly to see what the state of things are internally. I feel all over the place.

Update: Had my bloods this morning and HCG was 8000+ so I'm back in for a scan shortly to see what the state of things are internally. I feel all over the place.

Good luck! :thumbup: xx

Thanks teacup, about to wake DD and drag her back to the hospital, she will be thrilled!

What a roller coaster for you hun! Your dr is a idiot! I hate the way they blurt these things out without a second thought to the feelings of that person! :hugs:

Update: Thank you everyone for following and sending wishes, it is appreciated.

So TV scan showed a yolk sac only and confirmed as 5 1/2 weeks. So have another scan in 2 weeks to see if there is something more there. I'm going to go crazy, I went through this with DD.. Keep everything crossed, please. x

Update: Thank you everyone for following and sending wishes, it is appreciated.

So TV scan showed a yolk sac only and confirmed as 5 1/2 weeks. So have another scan in 2 weeks to see if there is something more there. I'm going to go crazy, I went through this with DD.. Keep everything crossed, please. x

That makes total sense with your dates! :thumbup: You are definitely going to see baby and heart beat in 2 weeks! :happydance: xx

I think there's a 99% chance ull see a heart beat. Your dates totally match up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->