Viable or not?

lakotachris

Reaction score
Positve HPTs on all tests 5-6 days before period. Tests that then went negative or faint to the point that on dpo 14 or period due date negative test at the drs. office and several HPTs but beta was 49. Sent home with chemical but over the weekend got strong positives and the following are my numbers:

14 dpo 49, 18 dpo 267, 19 dpo 385 22 dpo 730.

Ultrasound at 5 weeks found nothing at all not even the sac.

I've had six babies and I could always see the sac and usually the fetal pole and yok sac.

I know for absolute certain I did NOT implant late nor ovulate late.

The numbers are rising but I don't understand why they would be so low if I know I'm where I'm at. In fact, I really think I more like 24 dpo.

I feel no symptoms like the other times and I'm must completely puzzled. Doctors are just saying keep doing draws. Any opinions, thoughts, or experiences good or bad on this very much appreciated!

So sorry I have absolutely no advice and have never have bloods done for hcg so I can't even comment on the numbers but I don't like to read and run and I hope you get some answers soon. You have had 6 babies Hun what's your gut telling you?

It's very odd indeed that you went from positive to negative to strong positive and odd that hcg is rising but why so slowly? From the little I have seen I *think* it should be in the thousands at this point?

Hope you get some answers X

I feel that there no baby honestly. I don't feel pregnant at all. My gut is saying it's not there but the doctors refuse to listen and insist I'm earlier than I think. It's not even possible and they refuse to listen so it's VERY frustrating.

I think there might be a genuine concern here about an ectopic. Having recently went through a scare myself (base on unfounded reasoning), I am hesitant to see anyone else put through that... But at the same time, it really wouldn't hurt to rule it out for your safety. I'm sorry that your dealing with all this confusion. I know how frustrating it can be. I really hope everything resolves well. :hugs:

Have they mentioned anything about an ectopic pregnancy? I'm not sure what your hcg levels were when you had your scan but usually somewhere between 1,000 and 1,500 they expect to see a gestational sac in the uterus to confirm a normal pregnancy. With my ectopic my levels were just doubling but scan after scan showed nothing in my uterus :-( One thing different with my case that you don't seem to have is bleeding or spotting which I had. Fingers crossed they find the baby in the right spot and take care of yourself.

Your numbers are rising slowly and I can understand why your worried but I had a very similar situation with my dd. Levels were only 1046 at 6+1. At the 5 week ultrasound nothing, then at 6 weeks scan only saw a sack. Was told it probably wasn't a viable pregnancy but she's 7 months old now. I was always told by the epu that to see a sac levels must be over 1000 so maybe you baby just needs a little more time. I really am hoping for a good outcome for you. Hugs.

My feeling was potential ectopic - push for further scans. There is something somewhere releasing HCG.

I had 4 m/c's plus 1 chemical and everyone the hcg was dropping so the fact that the hcg is actually rising shows that their still progress going on somewhere In there. I know it's scary and you can't help but worry about it but keep positive thoughts that maybe you're that rare case that the doctors don't tell others about but it happened....a miracle! Fx and prayers sent up for you!!!!

Thank you all. The ectopic thing is what has me really concerned. I realize every pregnancy is different but I've had six text book identical ones and I just felt and KNEW I was pregnant and certain symptoms with all immediately. I have none of those strong symptoms. Have felt from the start something is wrong.

I really cannot understand why I would be having such low HCG IF there is no possible way I implanted or ovulated late. I'm 28 on the dot cycler. the test pulling good positives 5-6 days BEFORE my period makes late implantation or ovulation impossible right? Or is that wrong?

I feel like they are blowing me off. I have read horrible ectopic stories of women losing tubes because doctors wouldn't listen and insisted that the HCG going up meant a healthy pregnancy.

On the other hand don't you have to spot or bleed for an ectopic?

Thanks all for your replies. I've only had easy normal pregnancies so having a chemical three months ago and now this is all new to me.

Also physically it is IMPOSSIBLE to have conceived any later than day 15 if you know what I mean!!! Yet they insist I could be earlier than I think.

I went to a clinic to confirm pregnancy. I was 5w3d and the ultrasound showed nothing except the corpeus leuteum cyst. My ultrasound at my OB at 9w6d showed a baby wiggling around.

I went to a clinic to confirm pregnancy. I was 5w3d and the ultrasound showed nothing except the corpeus leuteum cyst. My ultrasound at my OB at 9w6d showed a baby wiggling around.

I love stories like these!!! Gives so much hope!!! Thanks for sharing it because some people like me even need it no matter where I'm at in my pregnancy☺️

Is it IMPOSSIBLE though Hun? Don't forget that sperm can live in the body for something like a week?

Either way, keep an eye on yourself, don't let them fob you off chick if those numbers keep going up then I would push for another scan as if you do that and there STIL isn't a baby on the scan then they have to answer the question - where is the baby then? Because something is causing that hcg. Will be checking for an update xx

I thought that several times but the problem with that is that I got a positive so early. Early enough that it makes it certain I conceived in the middle or earlier of my cycle. I tested positive calendar day 22 of a 28 day cycle and not even squinters. So if I pulled a positive even 8 dpo the earliest usually that puts it squarely at 14 or 15 calendar day which is when I ovulate does that make sense?

I thought that several times but the problem with that is that I got a positive so early. Early enough that it makes it certain I conceived in the middle or earlier of my cycle. I tested positive calendar day 22 of a 28 day cycle and not even squinters. So if I pulled a positive even 8 dpo the earliest usually that puts it squarely at 14 or 15 calendar day which is when I ovulate does that make sense?

It makes sense and I see where you are going but I have found that expecting hcg levels to be a "certain number" by a certain time can be problematic where appropriately rising hcg is really all that matters. For instance I tested positive on 8dpo (I chart and use opks so positive) and when my hcg was tested at 15 dpo it was only 47. It was 90 something two days later and 190 something two days after that. It wasn't even 1,500 at 25 dpo and that would seem really low to most women but here I am at 14 weeks and all my test (genetic screening, soft makers, etc) are all perfect...and I bled heavily for the first week!

I guess what I'm saying is don't base your doubts purely on the fact that your numbers aren't as high as your last pregnancy because my aren't either and it may not mean much. If your levels aren't rising appropriately and they can't locate a uterine pregnancy when your levels reach the point that they should be able to then they need to watch you and discuss your options. They waited too long with me and I lost my tube. They can't wait until they see the ectopic because usually by then it cannot be resolved with non invasive treatment and requires surgery. Do you know what your levels were at your scan?

I am thinking ectopic too sorry you are going through all of this.

yeah it doesnt look good to be honest. i'd try and get in another scan soon. ectopics are no joke!

Just checked my app and when I got my bfp I thought I was only 8dp, it was a really early bfp, but a scan put me forward, then a second scan further still, I had noted on the app the only three day in the month we had dtd and lookin at it actually I was 14 dpo when I got my bfp, I had ovulated really early. If you scan was before 6 weeks they can be so troublesome, I think there's a chance that when you go back for another scan there could be a baby. I hate hcg draws sometimes they cause so much worry. Hope you get answers soon xx

Thanks for all the honest answers and kind words. Right now I really have no answers yet. I do know late implantation and late ovulation can absolutely be ruled out because of the positive test on day 21 of a 28 day cycle. You can't pull a positive until around 7 dpo which lines up perfectly with a classic 14 day ovulation.

I did have a lot of left side groin pain and lower back pain yesterday but that seems to have gone away and it was very tolerable.

I will get HCG taken again today and then an US tomorrow. I looked at my numbers and yes they are rising but they actually consistently slowly fall back a bit from true doubling. Last draw I am short 50

I will update you all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"