Vicar/Venue Update and few Q's

LoraLoo

Pregnant with a Rainbow
Reaction score
Hi all. Quite new to this forum so sorry if I'm posting too much :blush:

As some of you might already know, we will be getting our baby Christened next year, only, we are going to get married at the same time....just, we arent telling anyone that part :haha:

Been to see Vicar today we can have 31st March or 14th April. So only 2 weeks difference but cant decide :dohh: lol. My Birthday is 15th April so April may be quite nice, plus weather may be a little warmer? But March can be nice weather too, and I like to get my babys christened at 4 months, baby would be 4,5 months in March. Like I say, not a huge difference but there yu go, any opinions? Someone just decide for me, lol?

So, went to have a look at Venue I saw on website and fell in love with it. Victorian hotel, insides lovely, all period features and big comfy sofas, quite informal which is what we wanted. Nice garden area outside too. She was lovely and said that they can do what ever we want really, small and intimate, they can order flowers cheaply for us, and so on. And prices very reasonable, they did seem very much about the guests iykwim. And bonus is, only £200 deposit :thumbup: Heres venue https://www.chetwyndehotel.co.uk/

Anyway, My questions-

Vicar gave us a list of things we need to talk to him about for next visit, stuff like ushers, flowers etc, but Im not fussed about flowers and we arent having best man, ushers etc :shrug: On the list was Choir, Organ too. He put price down as £700, and an extra £150 if we want the bells. I asled if the Choir, Organ etc were extra and he said that they were included in the £700. Do you think if we didnt want them, it would be less, or still £700? And do you think its a bit disrespectful if we say we dont want them? :shrug:

Other Q is, we are getting married 2pm. Now I was hoping we'd be able to marry around 4pm, get to venue, say 5.15ish, give guests arrival drink and some Canapes to put them on til around 7pm and then have a large, decent hot/cold buffet and therefore skip and night time food :rofl: However thats not possible, but I want to keep costs to a Minimum. Guests will now arrive at venue around 3.30pm so cant exoect them to wait til 7pm as they'll be starving :shrug: But if we have buffet, sat 5pm-ish, theyre going to want night food as surely they will be hungry come night time ??? Any ide'as/input on this please?

And FINALLY, we are having a taylored buffet so we choose what we want, most things come in platters of '20 portions' so say, oh i dunno *looks at menu* right ok.....'selection of local speciality sausages with a plum chutney' is 20mportions a platter. If we have 50 adults and 20 children, how many platters would you order? Cos do u think their portion sizes will be a bit, stingy? And Canapes, those are the same, 20 portions a platter, 6 different platter options, how many would i send round?

So sorry for the massive thread and so many questions, but with it being secret i cant ask for family/friend advice and opinions :flower:

wow thats alot to think about! Go for the april as its warmer and spring time- lambs will be born and everything is green!

If you dont want the church extras then tell him you dont want them- not sure if it will be cheaper though?

If your getting married at 2pm then you'll need to think about the time to get married and have christening, travel to venue, photographs and a good chat so 5:30 for the food sounds bang on!

As for portions- always order more than you need! Canapes and then a hot buffet sounds good! xxx

wow thats alot to think about! Go for the april as its warmer and spring time- lambs will be born and everything is green!

If you dont want the church extras then tell him you dont want them- not sure if it will be cheaper though?

If your getting married at 2pm then you'll need to think about the time to get married and have christening, travel to venue, photographs and a good chat so 5:30 for the food sounds bang on!

As for portions- always order more than you need! Canapes and then a hot buffet sounds good! xxx

Thanks :thumbup: Its all a bit overwhelming i didnt realise there would be so much to think about, and we are only having a low key wdding :dohh: lol xxx

April - I got married on the 16th so I'm a little biased but it's a lovely month to get married :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->