• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Visiting from 1st tri, worried about progesterone level :/

chelsealynnb

Wife & mommy <3
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm over in the first trimester section, but I have a question that a few more ladies in the third tri might be able to help me with. Here is a little bit of my background:

My first miscarriage was Jan 2012. I didn't get a faint BFP until about 24DPO, and I started bleeding 2 days later. Went to the ER, they did an ultrasound and it showed nothing. Also checked HCG and it was only 4.

Second miscarriage was Jan 2013. Didn't get a faint BFP until 21DPO with that one. No bleeding or anything unusual. Went in for my 12 week scan and unfortunately discovered that baby had stopped growing at 7+3 weeks. Had a D&C 3 days later.

So now here I am, pregnant again right after my first AF after D&C. This time around, I started out being way more optimistic because I got the first BFP at only 8DPO. Last night I started spotting a very light pink/orageish color. I called the hospital this morning and the nurse said to come in and get my HCG and progesterone levels checked. Received the results, at 5+1 weeks my HCG is 4,486 and progesterone is at 18.1. The nurse said those are in the normal range, but after googling the progesterone levels (ahh, evil google) I am a bit worried.

So my question is - did any of you have your progesterone levels checked this early? If so, what were your results? Did you need progesterone injections/suppositories/creams?

Thanks in advance :flower:

I had progesterone from before I was pregnant till 5 weeks as blood test showed that my body was support the pregnancy on its own.. yours looks fine to be but as for a repeat nlood test in a few days if you are worried. There are many reasons for a loss a progesterone is one.
I hope this lo stays put. Good luck

It doesn't sound like a progesterone issue, but you could always ask the doctor to prescribe it if you're worried as it won't hurt anything if you really don't need it. Do they have you on baby aspirin or looked into any blood clotting disorders?

Thanks, guys.

They haven't looked into anything else that I know of yet. I have an ultrasound set for Friday the 12th, so for now I guess I'll just have to wait it out until then unless I start spotting again (I was instructed to go to the ER if I saw red blood).

With this pregnancy, which came after two early losses for me, my progesterone was only 10 at 6 weeks or so. The reproductive endocrinologist said it was at the very bottom of the normal range but left it up to me if I wanted to go on progesterone. I decided to do it, just in case. I was on the Crinone gel until about 10.5 weeks. Like others have said, it won't hurt anything to go on it, even though it may not help.

Hey Chelsea! I don't think 18 is super low. I was always around 12-16 my doc would test me weekly to keep an eye in it. He said if it went to 10 or below I would start progesterone suppositories. He says between 10-20 it is up to me whether I want them or not. ( I didn't do it because with my first pregnancy I was like that too but carried for 41 plus weeks) I think it's just how my body is... Not every woman is going to have levels at 30. Everyones body is diff. Anyhow, as other women have said, you can ask your doctor if you can get some supplements for a few weeks... They may or may not help, but It may ease your worries and won't hurt anything.

I did get my hCG levels checked my very first pregnancy unfortunately I don not remember my numbers. I got them checked because I had some light spotting. Everything turned out perfect, that baby is now 20 months old. This pregnancy I had no spotting so never got my levels checked. The fact that you got your BFP only 8dpo this time sounds a little more promising I think. With this pregnancy I got my BFP a whole week before AF was even supposed to show, I did not know when I O'd so I cant say how many DPO I was. You may want to bug your doctor toput you on progesterone just in case thathas been the issue. Best of luck!

My prog at 4 weeks was scary low 3.8!! But at 5 weeks it shot up to 36!

My HCG and progesterone levels started out low but shot up pretty quick! Yours probably will too. Just keep your head up and say off of google. Coming from a fellow google addict, i know it's hard, but it's really in your best interest because you'll be reading worst case scenarios 99% of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->