Vitamin B-6

SBBaby

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I keep reading to take Vitamin B-6 to help lengthen a short Luteal Phase. So I got it and it finally arrived today. But now I keep reading to NOT take B-6 alone and to take a B-complex vitamin. I've looked into it online and don't see anything about this. Anyone have any knowledge about not taking the B-6 and taking the complex instead? Ugh! :shrug:

I did take a b vitamin alone and it did lengthen my LP. My LP didn't need to be lengthened but this was indeed a side affect of the b vitamin. You out can get a b complex from any drug store. I think I did eventually switch to a b complex. It made my pee neon I remember lol.

I think a b-complex can help with absorption of b6, but not sure if it is really needed. If you want to take it to lengthen your luteal phase you need to take 50-100mg of it, and a b-complex only has like 3mg. But if you could always take both a b-complex and a separate b6 to make sure you are getting the full benefits!

Yes, research supports the role of B6 in lengthening the luteal phase of your cycle. The RDA for B6 is about 1.9 mg for women and 1.3mg for men with the upper limit of intake at about 100mgs per day. The suggested dose is 50-100mg a day. Apparently it is important to take the B complex to ensure better absorption of the B6. In fact all the B’s work synergistically, so it would boost benefits. Don't worry if the complex has more B6 in it - you can take up to 100mg a day.
Another way is to get required intake from diet. Start by eating more of the foods that naturally contain vitamin B6. Some of the foods that contain vitamin B6 include spinach, avocado, wild caught fish, potatoes, grass fed meats, whole grains, eggs, and legumes. Many women recommend taking B6 in the morning as it can keep you awake for a while if taken in the night.

This was helpful! I've been taking B6 for months alone, didn't know I should have been taking a B-complex vitamin, will have to pick some up today.

Thank you so much. The B-6 i got are 100 mg. Do I need to toss those because taken with a B-Complex I'll end up getting too much per day? Also, what about my prenatal? I can take the B-6, B-Complex, and prenatal daily?

Yes, research supports the role of B6 in lengthening the luteal phase of your cycle. The RDA for B6 is about 1.9 mg for women and 1.3mg for men with the upper limit of intake at about 100mgs per day. The suggested dose is 50-100mg a day. Apparently it is important to take the B complex to ensure better absorption of the B6. In fact all the B’s work synergistically, so it would boost benefits. Don't worry if the complex has more B6 in it - you can take up to 100mg a day.
Another way is to get required intake from diet. Start by eating more of the foods that naturally contain vitamin B6. Some of the foods that contain vitamin B6 include spinach, avocado, wild caught fish, potatoes, grass fed meats, whole grains, eggs, and legumes. Many women recommend taking B6 in the morning as it can keep you awake for a while if taken in the night.

Thank you so much. The B-6 i got are 100 mg. Do I need to toss those because taken with a B-Complex I'll end up getting too much per day? Also, what about my prenatal? I can take the B-6, B-Complex, and prenatal daily?

I've read that although they don't recommend more than 100mg a day, 200mg is really the dosage that starts to cause issues. Make sure you check the mg on the b-complex. It may say b-complex 100, but only contain like 2 mg of b-6. I know I took a separate b-6, a prenatal and a b-complex, adding up to over 100mg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->