Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Quick bit of good news and some advice please??

I got my bfp two days ago after 3 months of VitB complex, my cycles were all over the place and my lp naff (8-9 days). Last cycle I got to 15 dpo and was very impressed, not as impressed as I was with my bfp though!

Lisa, if you're around maybe you can help? Am I ok to carry on taking it now I've got a little bean? I'm terrified that if I stop something will happen and I'm sure you carried on taking it? I'm only on 50mg. Any advice gratefully received as I don't see any one for another 4 weeks to ask.

Keep the faith ladies - it's been a miracle for me :) x

Congratulations!!!

What were your 1st 2 months on the complex like? x

Thanks Ebony.

Just realised this was my 4th month. First month got me to 10 (witch arrived halfway through the 11th day), 2nd month was 11 days, 3rd month got me to 15 dpo and then my bfp this month :)

I took 100mg the first 3 cycles but was worried it would extend my lp too much if it carried on working like it was, lol! This month I alternated between 50mg and 100mg so don't know if that was just my ideal dose or it was just coincidence? x

Thanks Ebony.

Just realised this was my 4th month. First month got me to 10 (witch arrived halfway through the 11th day), 2nd month was 11 days, 3rd month got me to 15 dpo and then my bfp this month :)

I took 100mg the first 3 cycles but was worried it would extend my lp too much if it carried on working like it was, lol! This month I alternated between 50mg and 100mg so don't know if that was just my ideal dose or it was just coincidence? x

Thank you. I'm on 50g and wondering whether to up it or not so I thought I'd find out how it effected you. x

Hey ladies - thought I would just check in and say hi :wave:

So this cycle has been a long one - I was supposed to be seeing how my LP was this cycle and if it was still short I was going to start taking 50mg B complex. However, when I got to cd24 and hadn't O'd yet I thought "sod it" and just started taking it anyway! Well, I went on to O at cd30 and am now 5dpo so will keep you posted as to whether it has any impact or not.

Hey ladies - thought I would just check in and say hi :wave:

So this cycle has been a long one - I was supposed to be seeing how my LP was this cycle and if it was still short I was going to start taking 50mg B complex. However, when I got to cd24 and hadn't O'd yet I thought "sod it" and just started taking it anyway! Well, I went on to O at cd30 and am now 5dpo so will keep you posted as to whether it has any impact or not.

Good luck :thumbup: x

Quick bit of good news and some advice please??

I got my bfp two days ago after 3 months of VitB complex, my cycles were all over the place and my lp naff (8-9 days). Last cycle I got to 15 dpo and was very impressed, not as impressed as I was with my bfp though!

Lisa, if you're around maybe you can help? Am I ok to carry on taking it now I've got a little bean? I'm terrified that if I stop something will happen and I'm sure you carried on taking it? I'm only on 50mg. Any advice gratefully received as I don't see any one for another 4 weeks to ask.

Keep the faith ladies - it's been a miracle for me :) x

hey, yep I still stalk this thread (will have to quit once I'm a bit busier ;))
I took it until well into my 2nd trimester. My OB/GYN and my FS both knew I was on it and had no problems at all with me taking it, no concerns and actually put it in my file as 'folic acid' since it contains extra :)
I only stopped because I bought a different brand and it was too stinky to swallow without gagging :rofl:

ebony...just saw your chart....sending hugs your way! I hope the bcomplex 100's will be better for you!!!

Just a little update...

On my first month of 50mg vitamin b complex I ovulated on CD18 as normal and got my lp from 7 to 11 days.

On my 2nd month of 50mg vitamin b complex I ovulated 2 days early on CD16 but my lp was only 9 days.

So for my 3rd month I'm going up to 100mg vitamin b complex to see if it gives my cycle that extra push.

I have 1 full cycle before my next FS appointment at the hospital so I think I should at least try something before I go back. This cyce is predicted to be a bfp cycle for me so I have hope. :flower:

Hope everyone is ok... x

Hi girls...just a quick update...I am now on cd6...nothing exciting here! I stopped the bvits on monday once af showed up. I can't believe how much better I feel. I was only on the bvits 2 months....first one was great. Second month I felt terrible...very bloated and constipated...sorry for tmi! As soon as I stopped I felt better and my body feels back to normal.

Who know what my cycle will be like...only time will tell!

Ebony...I am going to check in on you...waiting for your bfp!
Lyns...how are you feeling???

Baby dust to all....

Hi everyone

Just a wee update for you. Some funny things are happening with me! On cd9 just now which is normally very boring and uneventful and I'm just waiting for O to come. But last week after AF left I had another spell of spotting then some red CM which I've never had. And since then I've had cramping on and off too. Wish I knew what this means! Its really similar to pre AF cramps but totally at the wrong time of the month. Very confused.

Also, was at the dr today and got the results of my progesterone levels...at 5dpo they were 22. She said that they usually like it to be more than 30 so she is referring me to the Assisted Conception Unit. I suppose this is a good thing but I'm sad that we officially need help.

How is everyone else? Ebony, I'm hoping that the vitamin b builds up in your system over the months and you'll see better results this month. Mom23 when are you due to O? Big congrats to fallenangel, you give the rest of us hope!!

Babydust xx

Hi girls...just a quick update...I am now on cd6...nothing exciting here! I stopped the bvits on monday once af showed up. I can't believe how much better I feel. I was only on the bvits 2 months....first one was great. Second month I felt terrible...very bloated and constipated...sorry for tmi! As soon as I stopped I felt better and my body feels back to normal.

Baby dust to all....

Hi everyone

Just a wee update for you. Some funny things are happening with me! On cd9 just now which is normally very boring and uneventful and I'm just waiting for O to come. But last week after AF left I had another spell of spotting then some red CM which I've never had. And since then I've had cramping on and off too. Wish I knew what this means! Its really similar to pre AF cramps but totally at the wrong time of the month. Very confused.

Also, was at the dr today and got the results of my progesterone levels...at 5dpo they were 22. She said that they usually like it to be more than 30 so she is referring me to the Assisted Conception Unit. I suppose this is a good thing but I'm sad that we officially need help.

How is everyone else? Ebony, I'm hoping that the vitamin b builds up in your system over the months and you'll see better results this month. Mom23 when are you due to O? Big congrats to fallenangel, you give the rest of us hope!!

Babydust xx

It might not be the same thing but on my first month of vit b I had really obvious cramping (even down my thigh) and spotting and then it calmed and a few days later I ovulated. It was like my body tried.... failed... and then succeeded but the 2nd time I had ewcm with a thin streak of blood in. I hope this is the same and you'll ovulate in a few days. Are you doing opk's?

I'm sorry you feel down about your referral but this might be your chance to get some meds to get your progesterone up... then your bfp might follow. :hugs: x

Not doing opk's yet because I was O'ing cd19 up til last month when I O'ed cd15. You could be right though, I was going to start opk's on cd13 which is Friday but should maybe start them sooner. I have been doing my temps tho so sure it hasn't happened yet. I know the referral is necessary but there will prob be a few months waiting list, it just feels like time wasted! I know we should keep going as we are but the thought of more disappointing cycles is rubbish. I know you guys all understand that tho!!

How are you doing Ebony?
xx

Not doing opk's yet because I was O'ing cd19 up til last month when I O'ed cd15. You could be right though, I was going to start opk's on cd13 which is Friday but should maybe start them sooner. I have been doing my temps tho so sure it hasn't happened yet. I know the referral is necessary but there will prob be a few months waiting list, it just feels like time wasted! I know we should keep going as we are but the thought of more disappointing cycles is rubbish. I know you guys all understand that tho!!

How are you doing Ebony?
xx

I understand. I am now waiting for my 2nd FS appointment. It was alot quicker than I thought though... it was weeks and not months.

I'm ok to say its CD1. :wacko: I'm determined to give this cycle a good shot on 100mg of vitamin b complex... then I have the next fs appointment so hoping for clomid. x

How are you doing Ebony?
xx

I understand. I am now waiting for my 2nd FS appointment. It was alot quicker than I thought though... it was weeks and not months.

I'm ok to say its CD1. :wacko: I'm determined to give this cycle a good shot on 100mg of vitamin b complex... then I have the next fs appointment so hoping for clomid. x

Sorry that AF got your Ebony :-( :hugs: Keep me posted on how your 100mg goes this cycle - I hope that it sorts your LP out. BTW - I have a journal now! Link is below!

Lyns - hope you get that appointment soon. At least you are 'in the system' so to speak. That is better than being completely unaware of your progesterone levels and trying and trying to no effect. Every step is one step closer. ....

Hi all im a bit nervous of trying vitamin B complex I have heard it can delay O

ovenbun, B6 moved my ovulation day 2 days before its usual time. You don't know before you try. It is also recommended for morning sickness, so it is safe.

Ovenbun - I started taking vit b complex mid cycle so I can't help out from personal experience. I was a little nervous too as you can never be sure of how something might alter your cycle. I've heard some people say it did delay O, for others it brought it forward.

My take is that I have a short LP - so even if O was on cd12 (I wish!), the bean is not going to stick. I decided that I would rather have fewer Os that had longer LPs and hence the possibility of a :bfp: than lots of nice early Os with no chance of a :bfp:

I guess it depends why you are thinking of taking it and what your situation is?

I agree... plus I have heard that if it delays your ov by a couple of days then you get a better prepared egg when it does get released. It has only ever kept mine the same of brought it forward though. :shrug: x

Baby dust to all....

Hi everyone

Babydust xx

This seems to happen to me every month...except I get spotting with the cramping. I am cd10...I had a regular af cd1-6...then the last 3 days just a but of spotting...but I usually get a few little cramps and then within an hour spotting! Last cycle (2nd cycle on bvits) and the cycle before I tried bvits i spotted until cd 17 or 18 and then Oed cd23-25! I had a mirena taken out last April...since then I have had midcycle spotting before O. I am not sure if it is related to the mirena or not...I never had it before the mirena which I had for about 18 months!
When I had the blighted ovum in Oct my doctor said my progesterone was great. I have an appointment next week so I will discuss all the spotting and the 3 cps! I guess I'll see what she recommends then!

Other than that nothing going on...I'll start the opks today...but I really don't expect O until at least cd20!

baby dust to all!!:thumbup::thumbup:

Hi ladies,
I had a similar situation.I have been TTC for about 4 months now with no success. For the last three months I've been spotting about 6-7 days on and off before AF arrives (mostly brown blood after BMs). I also bought the CBEFM when we decided to start TTC and I've been getting the egg every month and lots of EWCM around that time (so I assume I'm ovulating). Earlier this month, I had good timing with BDing--we were able to get in three good days before I ovulated and I'm charting my temps so I saw they were inclining and good. Then 3 DPO I experienced horribly bad cramps on my right side (I've never felt anything like them). Really uncomfortable and then the next day had some small spotting of red maroon blood. Then the next day, light pink mucus followed by more cramping on the right side. Basically, I was feeling lightly crampy all last week on and off and experienced spotting every other day (all has been very light tan or light brown) until today when I had dark brown mucus after a BM.My temps have stayed high since my ovulation. I thought I may be pregnant and this could be implantation but I took a home preg test yesterday morning and it was negative. I'm now thinking maybe an ovarian cyst burst? And I wondered if Vitamin B can cause this in some women. Ladies, i've been taking vitamin b6 50mg by itself with my prenatal vitamin. Should I change to taking the B50 COMPLEX WITH my prenatal? Will that be too much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->