Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Thanks, Ebony and congrats on your BFP!!

I have no idea what's going on.. I'm wondering if the spotting is due to progesterone or maybe a polyp in the uterus? Has anyone ever dealt with either of these or know of anyone who has?

I have no idea what's going on.. I'm wondering if the spotting is due to progesterone or maybe a polyp in the uterus? Has anyone ever dealt with either of these or know of anyone who has?

You might be best going to see your doctor and hopefully they can look into it. x

You might be best going to see your doctor and hopefully they can look into it. x

ebony congrats girl :happydance:

curiouscat, have u always spotted ? mine startd after going off of bcp in 2007
u shud c a doc, primarily wud do a pap, u/s..it could be nothing..i had a cervical polyp & removed hoping spotting wud stop but :nope: got my prog levls chekd & lukd gud so doc couldn't do anythin..i'm hoping u'll find some ans dear ! gud luck !

Hi curiouscat6 - I have spotting before AF (or at least I have done since coming off the pill in December). So far the spotting has lasted 3 days prior to AF. First cycle I spotted from 9dpo and then AF came on 12dpo, second cycle I spotted from 7dpo and then AF came on 10dpo. So I have spotting and a short LP too.

After quite a bit of reading I think that it is due to low progesterone after the BCP. I've just started taking B50 complex mid cycle (I have irregular cycles too so am currently cd40) so I'm hoping it will help this cycle.

Hope this helps.....

Oh - meant to say that I am going to go to the drs (once I can get an appointment). It might be worth you going to get checked out? :hugs:

Thanks ladies, I actually have an appointment to see an RE in two weeks so hopefully he can shed some light on the subject. I was on BCP for 7 years and then once I got off of them I noticed I would spot about 3 days before AF. Only recently (like in the last three months) have I noticed i'm now spotting 6-7 days before AF. So it's gotten worse. I took B6 last month and it didn't help to stop it (but it did lengthen my LP by 2 days so from 12 to 14).. so I have no idea what's causing it. I'm thinking maybe an ovarian cyst or a uterine polyp but i'm just guessing. I'm really worried.

Thanks ladies, I actually have an appointment to see an RE in two weeks so hopefully he can shed some light on the subject. I was on BCP for 7 years and then once I got off of them I noticed I would spot about 3 days before AF. Only recently (like in the last three months) have I noticed i'm now spotting 6-7 days before AF. So it's gotten worse. I took B6 last month and it didn't help to stop it (but it did lengthen my LP by 2 days so from 12 to 14).. so I have no idea what's causing it. I'm thinking maybe an ovarian cyst or a uterine polyp but i'm just guessing. I'm really worried.

:hugs: You are doing the right thing by having it checked out - hopefully it will be something simple and straightforward. I'm off to the drs next week to speak to them about my situation (spotting, very short AF, irregular cycles) - lets hope for some positive outcomes for both of us.

Hmm, I don't have any spotting just can't get past the 7 day lp. I'm leaning on taking vitex again but my lp dropped from 9 days to 7 days after I was on vitex for 4 months. Do you think it could be connected? I haven't taken the vitex in over 3 months so it is definitely out of my system. I was taking about 1200mg, do you think if I dropped in down to 800mg it would help? I'm getting desperate here!

Hmm, I don't have any spotting just can't get past the 7 day lp. I'm leaning on taking vitex again but my lp dropped from 9 days to 7 days after I was on vitex for 4 months. Do you think it could be connected? I haven't taken the vitex in over 3 months so it is definitely out of my system. I was taking about 1200mg, do you think if I dropped in down to 800mg it would help? I'm getting desperate here!

I didn't want to read and run but I don't know a great deal about vitex. If I were you I would do reseach beforehand - I did hear of someone taking it and that cycle their ovulation was really delayed. Not sure whether it was connected or not but you are best to research it, I guess.

I can't remember - have you tried vit b 50mg complex?

Hey Ladies. I have been reading this site for quite some time now because I noticed that after taking birth control pills my luteal phase was only 11 days. I wanted to increase the luteal phase to 12 so I started taking a B-complex (100). The B-comples caused me to have ovulation bleeding, which I have never experienced and now it has caused me to spot. I started spotting around 11dpo (when normal af is due) until now 13dpo. The spotting is noticed maybe every other time I wipe. Has anyone experienced this with the B-complex? Thanks in advance for answers

Hey Ladies. I have been reading this site for quite some time now because I noticed that after taking birth control pills my luteal phase was only 11 days. I wanted to increase the luteal phase to 12 so I started taking a B-complex (100). The B-comples caused me to have ovulation bleeding, which I have never experienced and now it has caused me to spot. I started spotting around 11dpo (when normal af is due) until now 13dpo. The spotting is noticed maybe every other time I wipe. Has anyone experienced this with the B-complex? Thanks in advance for answers

I've only just started taking it as I have a short LP plus spotting so I'm hoping that it will extend my LP. However, if you have an LP of more than 10 days then (from what I have read) that is good. Less than 10 is a problem as there is not enough time for the embryo to implant but more than 10 is not problematic at all.

I've only just started taking it as I have a short LP plus spotting so I'm hoping that it will extend my LP. However, if you have an LP of more than 10 days then (from what I have read) that is good. Less than 10 is a problem as there is not enough time for the embryo to implant but more than 10 is not problematic at all.

Hmm. Maybe I should just stop taking the B-Complex then. Because I'd take an 11 day luteal phase over spotting any time. Although today the spotting is gone so I am not sure what to think.

Hmm. Maybe I should just stop taking the B-Complex then. Because I'd take an 11 day luteal phase over spotting any time. Although today the spotting is gone so I am not sure what to think.

So you have spotted from 11dpo to 13dpo and then it has stopped? Have you tested? It is possible it could have been an implantation bleed rather than AF spotting....? It might be worth taking a test to be sure. :shrug:

So you have spotted from 11dpo to 13dpo and then it has stopped? Have you tested? It is possible it could have been an implantation bleed rather than AF spotting....? It might be worth taking a test to be sure. :shrug:

No I haven't tested yet but I plan on testing either tomorrow or Sunday (if AF never shows up). I did spot again today but it was so light you had to be searching for it. I have no pregnancy symptoms whatsoever so I feel like its my period, I just do not know why it is taking so long to start. I had really bad cramping at 11dpo (when the blood started) and now at 13dpo, I still have cramps but it is on and off. I haven't had the chance to read through all these posts but was wondering if the b-complex has done this to anyone else. I thought it was suppose to help with spotting not start it.

Short, I'm struggling with the same issue--wondering if it was more harmful than helpful. With me, I'm wondering if maybe by some chance i had an ovarian cyst and b6 helped 'pop' it--hence all the bleeding and cramping. I won't know until I see my doc next month but will keep you posted.

Short, I'm struggling with the same issue--wondering if it was more harmful than helpful. With me, I'm wondering if maybe by some chance i had an ovarian cyst and b6 helped 'pop' it--hence all the bleeding and cramping. I won't know until I see my doc next month but will keep you posted.

Thank you. Now I am contemplating if I should give the B-complex another shot or stop them. AF finally came full blast today. I got to 14 dpo but with spotting at 11 dpo. I don't like that.

I'm a newbie to this thread - hello!

We're on cycle #8 of trying for our 2nd child... we have a 13.5 month old daughter who was born in March 2010 - before her I had a MMC at 12 weeks in January 2009.

I have a bit of a whopper of a luteal phase defect... it's been 'stuck' on 6 days since my first post-birth period in September 2010 (I breastfeed). I've been taking agnus castus and 50mg vit.B6 which so far has had no effect whatsoever. I'm upping that to 100mg this cycle and just hoping i'll at least have a LP 1 day longer... it's really disheartening to see no improvement at all in 7 cycles. Before I was pregnant the first time my LP was 10-11 days, so on the edge of OK. But now it's shrunk!

We really hoped for a close age gap between our first two children, but are trying hard to stay positive and think of all the good things of a slightly larger age gap. I just worry that it's going to take us a long long time, given that I've seen no improvement in my LP at all.

Good to read some 'success stories' on this thread, and congratulations to everyone who's recently got good news!

I'm a newbie to this thread - hello!

We're on cycle #8 of trying for our 2nd child... we have a 13.5 month old daughter who was born in March 2010 - before her I had a MMC at 12 weeks in January 2009.

I have a bit of a whopper of a luteal phase defect... it's been 'stuck' on 6 days since my first post-birth period in September 2010 (I breastfeed). I've been taking agnus castus and 50mg vit.B6 which so far has had no effect whatsoever. I'm upping that to 100mg this cycle and just hoping i'll at least have a LP 1 day longer... it's really disheartening to see no improvement at all in 7 cycles. Before I was pregnant the first time my LP was 10-11 days, so on the edge of OK. But now it's shrunk!

We really hoped for a close age gap between our first two children, but are trying hard to stay positive and think of all the good things of a slightly larger age gap. I just worry that it's going to take us a long long time, given that I've seen no improvement in my LP at all.

Good to read some 'success stories' on this thread, and congratulations to everyone who's recently got good news!

Hi 254! Welcome to the thread!

Just a quick question - are you taking B6 or B complex? I have read on here that you are best to take the B complex as the B vitamins interact with each other and you can become deficient in the other B vits if you only take B6. It might be worth trying the B complex?

Also, how long have you been taking them? I only ask as I have read that it can take them a few cycles to kick in.

I hope that they work for you and push that LP longer!

Just a quick question - are you taking B6 or B complex? I have read on here that you are best to take the B complex as the B vitamins interact with each other and you can become deficient in the other B vits if you only take B6. It might be worth trying the B complex?

I'm currently taking a B-50 complex... going to add a 50mg 'normal' B6 tablet on top of that for now (so 100mg B6 in total, plus all the other shebang in the B complex!) - fingers crossed!

Also, how long have you been taking them? I only ask as I have read that it can take them a few cycles to kick in.

Ooh, fingers crossed that's the case. I've read of people reaping the rewards straight away (although I guess you can never be sure of the exact reasons things change) and was feeling a little disheartened... I've been taking it for 2 cycles so far (and agnus castus for 4). Hope that it's just not kicked in yet!

I hope that they work for you and push that LP longer!

Thank you! :happydance: And good luck to you too!

Welll AF is due tomorrow on Easter Sunday on my 7 day lp. How wonderful. Hoping that it'll hold off and at least give me one extra day or two so I know that something that I'm taking is working. I know the B50 hasn't been in my system long enough to do anything yet but it's going to be a crappy day tomorrow if I get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->