Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Hello ladies, just thought I'd join you as found out today after my first month of charting that my LP is 7 days :( At least it explains why we are still not pregnant after 10 months of TTC/NTNP...

Anyway, I am going out tomorrow to buy a vitB complex, I shall not be defeated by my own body!! (still feeling a a bit down about it though, but I will be proactive about it).
Do you mind if I stick around here for a while? Could do with some moral support. Thanks!
x
Hi FrenchyMummy!

Yeah it can be a v disheartening but at least you know what it is now and can do something about it eh. I've done a fair bit of research since I discovered my LP was 7 days and yeah, it seems like there are quite a few avenues you can try (B complex, vitex, progesterone supplements, acupuncture etc) to get things moving. Mine has gone up to 9 days (so far, hoping for more this cycle) and that's just on B100 and vitex. Going to introduce acupuncture from next cycle and see if that can bump it up - if no BFP first of course!!

Good luck!

Thank you so much googly, it was exactly what I needed to hear. I did feel very bummed about it all yesterday, but like you said, at least now I can do something about it. I am going to drag my OH to a supermarket this morning and see if we can find a B complex. If that fails, I will go to town straight after work. I guess being stubborn and determined might pay off afterall!

I am impressed that you managed to move your LP to 9 days, hope you are successful in getting a BFP soon so we can all cheer you along. x

Yeah for positive opks!!! Let's hope you get that long LP.

As for me - I spoke too soon. I'm spotting again - started yesterday at 8dpo and seems to be heavier than last cycle. Still only enough for a liner but I'm not sure whether I will last to 12 dpo again this cycle. I'm thinking that AF will be here in the next day or two which means another short LP :-(

I'm sorry to hear about the spotting. Any updates?

Well I've had quite a few days - so far AF has stayed away. I'm still spotting (I think - it is early!) and I feel like she is just round the corner but I'm pleased that I have managed to keep going without AF turning up for this long. If I end up the same as last cycle - AF will be due tomorrow.

I had my gynae appointment yesterday - however, I got there and they cancelled it on me as the gynae had called in sick. Was so frustrated and even more so when she told me that I would have to join the bottom of the queue again and the earliest she could offer me an appointment was another 4 weeks. I nearly burst into tears on the spot. I just want some answers and I thought I might get some yesterday.

I'm calmed down a bit since then - I've managed to get an appointment for 3 weeks time but it is just so frustrating. I was cursing the NHS all day yesterday and was very tearful!

Anyway, today is a new day and is testing day according to FF and so I duly POAS! Got a bfn which is not surprising. What is surprising though is my temps (click on my ticker for a look). They have gone really high - I thought yesterday was a fluke but look at today's..... not sure what is going on.

The final thing to report is that OH has had to repeat his SA. No explanation - just told he has to repeat it. The form that we had said 'one previous abnormal result'. I'm trying not to freak out as I know that so many things can affect the result - we've deposited a new one and so hope that one is better. Will keep you posted....

Hi girls...welcome to the new ones!

Struth...your chart looks great...nice high temps...test again!!

AFM....had another chem preg last cycle....that is miscarriage #5 since oct2011....ridiclous! Anyway...cd 9 today...I just finished up clomid again...hopefully the third time's the charm!

baby dust to all.....

Hello ladies, just thought I'd join you as found out today after my first month of charting that my LP is 7 days :( At least it explains why we are still not pregnant after 10 months of TTC/NTNP...

Good luck with the B6! Often it can help that PMA just to feel you're doing 'something' proactive... I really hope it helps. We're planning on giving acupuncture a go in a couple of months as I know several friends with wonky cycles who believe it's really helped them conceive.

We've also been trying for 10 months (although I know I'm very lucky as we're trying for #2), and I have a 6 day luteal phase. It can get disheartening, can't it? But we'll get there in the end!

Struth - your temps are looking good! Does your spotting feel the same as your last cycle? it's still possible to get a -ve at 12dpo and then a positive soon after so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. How frustrating about your gynae appointment being cancelled! :(

Yeah for positive opks!!! Let's hope you get that long LP.

As for me - I spoke too soon. I'm spotting again - started yesterday at 8dpo and seems to be heavier than last cycle. Still only enough for a liner but I'm not sure whether I will last to 12 dpo again this cycle. I'm thinking that AF will be here in the next day or two which means another short LP :-(

I'm sorry to hear about the spotting. Any updates?

Well I've had quite a few days - so far AF has stayed away. I'm still spotting (I think - it is early!) and I feel like she is just round the corner but I'm pleased that I have managed to keep going without AF turning up for this long. If I end up the same as last cycle - AF will be due tomorrow.

I had my gynae appointment yesterday - however, I got there and they cancelled it on me as the gynae had called in sick. Was so frustrated and even more so when she told me that I would have to join the bottom of the queue again and the earliest she could offer me an appointment was another 4 weeks. I nearly burst into tears on the spot. I just want some answers and I thought I might get some yesterday.

I'm calmed down a bit since then - I've managed to get an appointment for 3 weeks time but it is just so frustrating. I was cursing the NHS all day yesterday and was very tearful!

Anyway, today is a new day and is testing day according to FF and so I duly POAS! Got a bfn which is not surprising. What is surprising though is my temps (click on my ticker for a look). They have gone really high - I thought yesterday was a fluke but look at today's..... not sure what is going on.

The final thing to report is that OH has had to repeat his SA. No explanation - just told he has to repeat it. The form that we had said 'one previous abnormal result'. I'm trying not to freak out as I know that so many things can affect the result - we've deposited a new one and so hope that one is better. Will keep you posted....

That's a great looking chart! Test again tomorrow with FMU and hopefully you'll have a :bfp:!!

I'm 5dpo today and I had a tiny bit of spotting with a temp drop. considering my spotting and temp drop last month (pre-Bvits) began on 9dpo, I'm hopeful that this is implantation bleeding and dip. :) Here's hoping that tomorrow my temp goes back up and stays up! I'm trying not to be too disappointed, but I know my doc will start bloodwork next month if it is AF showing her ugly face!

AFM....had another chem preg last cycle....that is miscarriage #5 since oct2011....ridiclous! Anyway...cd 9 today...I just finished up clomid again...hopefully the third time's the charm!

baby dust to all.....

I'm so sorry to hear about the chemical. Good luck this cycle!

Mom23 - so sorry to hear about the cp. What do the drs say? It must be so difficult to have this keep happening :hugs:

254 - thanks for looking at my chart. The spotting seems the same as last cycle (but dare I say that it seems to have slowed somewhat today). I guess it is still early. Either way I win - either a bfp or a longer LP again (although still with early spotting). Trying not to get any hopes up but I know that if it were someone elses chart I'd think it was looking good. Still, we've all seen good charts just before the witch arrives.

Chiclady - I hope that this is your cycle and that your temp dip is implantation :dust:

baby dust to all.....

Hello mom23 *big waves!*
Sorry to hear about your m/c last month, I am crossing my fingers and everything else for you this month x

Good luck with the B6! Often it can help that PMA just to feel you're doing 'something' proactive... I really hope it helps. We're planning on giving acupuncture a go in a couple of months as I know several friends with wonky cycles who believe it's really helped them conceive.

We've also been trying for 10 months (although I know I'm very lucky as we're trying for #2), and I have a 6 day luteal phase. It can get disheartening, can't it? But we'll get there in the end!

Struth - your temps are looking good! Does your spotting feel the same as your last cycle? it's still possible to get a -ve at 12dpo and then a positive soon after so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. How frustrating about your gynae appointment being cancelled! :(

Hello 254!
Thanks for your message, I am loving this thread as I find you all so supportive! I went to Holland and Barrets today after work but they were already closed, so will go on mission B complex on Friday. In the meantime I will just take vitamin B6 to feel like I am doing something.
I think next month I will be happy with just a longer LP, it really freaked me out to see it yesterday, so if I manage to lengthen it it will be great. I was thinking of acupuncture myself, but only because I am a teacher and could do with some relaxing! :laugh2:

Chiclady, how exciting! I hope this is the start of yoUR bfp, that would be another success story I could look up to!
Fingers crossed! x

struth - your chart is looking awesome... I'm nervous/excited for you! FX

Chiclady, how exciting! I hope this is the start of yoUR bfp, that would be another success story I could look up to!
Fingers crossed! x

Thanks FrenchyMummy! I would love for this to be my cycle! Here's hoping for a temp rise tomorrow morning, otherwise, i'll be pretty bummed! I did have IB with my DS, so hopefully it is just that. It seems way early to be pre-AF spotting (compared to prior months) but it also seems early to be IB. I didn't chart with DS so I don't know what dpo it was.

Morning ladies - I thought that I would pop in and update you.

I got a very faint :bfp: this morning - there is a photo in my journal. I think I might be in shock....! Not told the OH yet....he's still in bed....not sure how to break it to him!

I got a very faint :bfp: this morning - there is a photo in my journal. I think I might be in shock....! Not told the OH yet....he's still in bed....not sure how to break it to him!

I knew it!! Awesome!!! V happy for you, with all the concern you've had... All the best struth, hope all goes swimmingly for you!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

I'm so thrilled for you! congratulations! How did you end up telling OH?

I waiting for his alarm to go off (he can be grumpy if he wakes too early and I didn't want his grumpiness to spoil it) and then made him a cup of tea to take him in bed. I then just basicallt threw the stick at him.

He didn't believe it was a positive (the line is quite faint but definitely there) until I showed him the First Response website that says that any line, no matter how faint, it a positive result!

He is excited but wants to be cautious - I have said that I will put off ring the midwife until next week just in case... I think I might get a digi and do that over the weekend so he can see that. I think it might take him a bit of getting used to!

Chiclady - have you had a temp rise today?

I did have a temp rise this morning! I can't believe it! I'm trying not to get my hopes too far up, but I'm pretty excited right now! I can't seem to figure out how to put my chart in my signature, so here it is.

Chiclady Chart

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->