Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Wowzer - that is temp rise. I do hope that your dip was implantation - with your spotting as well it could be possible. Keep us posted...

To put your chart in your sig, go to FF, and click on Sharing (along the top menu), then click on 'Get code', the one you need is the bbCode. You copy this and paste it in your sig (got to User CP, then edit signature and copy it there). Hope this helps.

Yay for struth and chiclady, this is so exciting for you both, and for the rest of us sowe can see it can be done.
Hurray for vitamin B and all the other things you did!:happydance:

Wowzer - that is temp rise. I do hope that your dip was implantation - with your spotting as well it could be possible. Keep us posted...

To put your chart in your sig, go to FF, and click on Sharing (along the top menu), then click on 'Get code', the one you need is the bbCode. You copy this and paste it in your sig (got to User CP, then edit signature and copy it there). Hope this helps.

OMG Struth...just checked in....congrats!!! I am very excited for you....I guess the bvits did the trick!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

How are you feeling???

OMG Struth...just checked in....congrats!!! I am very excited for you....I guess the bvits did the trick!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

How are you feeling???

I think they must have done! I was taking those and has also started taking chromium a few weeks ago (apparently it is good for PCOS). And a prenatal, of course!

I'm feeling.....surreal - I think that is the best way to describe it. I'm over the moon but trying not to be in case something goes wrong. I have booked an appointment with the midwife but feel like I am playing at being grown up. I guess I will relax when I get to 12 weeks but at the moment I am just trying to not get too excited!

As for physical symptoms - nada! I keep thinking I feel a bit sick but I could be imagining that. Oh and I have the odd nip in my abdomen every now and again. Other than that, I don't feel any different.

How are things with you hon? x

Oh - I should also say that I thought I was out as I had spotting from 7dpo as usual and was certain that that meant that I wouldn't be able to implant. Just shows you that it is not necessarily true....!

I think i'd be like you struth - excited but managing expectations, just in case...! Would take me a long time (if ever) to stop worrying something would happen. Man if I ever get knocked up I'm going to be a mess! :D

Chiclady, your chart is looking awesome as welll, FX.....

Me, I recorded my highest ever temp today, so I hope that's heading in the right direction!

Are you still taking the B-complex struth? Will you continue to?

Hello ladies! Started the B complex this morning, OH drove me to a herbal store so I could get some last night-I am so excited about it that I was feeling changes after taking the first one about an hour ago...

I think I have just reached new levels of :wacko: !!

Googly and Chiclady - look at your charts. They are both looking good. I have my FX'd for you both - would be great to be bump buddies!

Googly - I stopped taking the B50 when I got my bfp. I'm just not sure whether I should be taking that much. Was planning on asking the midwife but I'm not going to see her for 4 weeks. I'm nervous to take them but nervous to stop! For the meanwhile, I have stopped them and the chromium until I do some research on them. I think I read that I shouldn't take the chromium but not sure about B50. I might take half a tablet a day? Not sure.

Frenchmummy - let's hope that the B complex works for you and you have a super long LP!

Struth if you look back in this thread there's lots of stuff about how it's totally safe to take during pregnancy, in fact b vitamins are apparently good for morning sickness ( and are sometimes prescribed as such). That's just hearsay of course so definitely a good idea to research! But from what I remember reading here, it was all good, if not actively encouraged if b vits might have been the factor that helped you get pregnant.

Yes - I think I have read the same on here too Googly. I just wasn't sure about the dose as 50mg is way over the RDA for vit b6/12 etc. I have all the b vits in my pre-natal vitamin tablet so though I might be overdoing it if I continued with the complex too?

Right - while I think about it I'm off to do some research....

I have been off birth control for 6 cycles now, and started charting right when I stopped taking it. My Luteal phase has been 10 days or shorter every month, and it is really frustrating. I started to research it and read about B6 and how it can help out. Bought some today, and I am hopeful that it will work.
It really frustrates me that doctors either don't know, or don't tell you that taking birth control can cause a vitamin B6 deficiency. They are supposed to help us! And really, they don't even know if birth control has any long term harmful effects. I have been on the pill two different times, and both times that I quit taking it, I got ovarian cysts two months later. Suffice to say, I am never going to take it again!
Ok, I will get off my soap box! Has anyone had B6 work for them?

I have been off birth control for 6 cycles now, and started charting right when I stopped taking it. My Luteal phase has been 10 days or shorter every month, and it is really frustrating. I started to research it and read about B6 and how it can help out. Bought some today, and I am hopeful that it will work.
It really frustrates me that doctors either don't know, or don't tell you that taking birth control can cause a vitamin B6 deficiency. They are supposed to help us! And really, they don't even know if birth control has any long term harmful effects. I have been on the pill two different times, and both times that I quit taking it, I got ovarian cysts two months later. Suffice to say, I am never going to take it again!
Ok, I will get off my soap box! Has anyone had B6 work for them?
Hey Redemida! Not only did my doctor not tell me anything about B deficiency, she told me I was 'wrong' when I said my LP was only 7 days because "all luteal phases are 14 days" - !!!! Seriously, how is she even a doctor? Needless to say I will not be going to see her again... She's actually not my usual doctor at the practice but a friend had recommended I go to see her because she is "good with women's issues" - pfffft. The only good thing she did was order me the cd2 and cd21 blood tests, so I will go to see another doctor when I've done those.

To answer your question though, I believe b-complex may have helped me. My last 4 LPs have been 7-7-8-9 - I started taking vitex (agnus castus) in the 2nd cycle, and then b100 complex at the start of the 3rd. So one or both of those are helping a smidge.

On 7dpo now so will see how I go this cycle... Really hoping for at least 10 days LP.

Next cycle I plan to start acupuncture as well as some people seem to have has good results with lengthening LP that way.

Best of luck with the Bs!

I got a very faint :bfp: this morning - there is a photo in my journal. I think I might be in shock....! Not told the OH yet....he's still in bed....not sure how to break it to him!

MASSIVE congratulations!! So your spotting was probably implantation after all? Wow!!

I hope everything goes smoothly for you. :thumbup:

(you got your bfp on my 5th wedding anniversary - 7 is supposed to be a lucky number, and it definitely was for you!)

Btw, can't stop hanging around this thread even though we're not B6ing at the moment (after months and months of no effect, we're going au naturelle for a bit to preserve our sanity!) - you're such a lovely bunch. I'm on CD23 today and haven't ovulated yet... last 3 cycles ovulation were on days 19, 22 and 21 so looks like stopping the supplements has moved my ovulation later again (previous cycles I ovulated in the late 20s)... hmmm...

hi girls

i really need your help. i have done a laparoscopy a week ago and now i am noticing some light green mucus on my underwear... my vagina is still irritated... my lap was ok - no endometriosis,no infections, tubes ok... all is fine.. this mucus is worrying me. i have not been sexually active since the operation..

can you please give me some views!!! i need your help.. thanks xxx

How are you feeling???

I think they must have done! I was taking those and has also started taking chromium a few weeks ago (apparently it is good for PCOS). And a prenatal, of course!

I'm feeling.....surreal - I think that is the best way to describe it. I'm over the moon but trying not to be in case something goes wrong. I have booked an appointment with the midwife but feel like I am playing at being grown up. I guess I will relax when I get to 12 weeks but at the moment I am just trying to not get too excited!

As for physical symptoms - nada! I keep thinking I feel a bit sick but I could be imagining that. Oh and I have the odd nip in my abdomen every now and again. Other than that, I don't feel any different.

How are things with you hon? x

Hey Struth....things are going well..on my 3rd cycle of clomd. I am on cd13...so hoping to O in the next few days. First cycle was cd17 and second was cd15. I am doing well though. I am coming to terms with fact this may not happen for me...i have 3 beautiful healthy boys though...so no pity party here. We really felt like we were meant to have one more...i guess time will tell. I think we'll try for the next 3 months until the clomid is done...then if I am not preggo maybe move on....it is a difficult thing to let go of!!!

Anyway....I am soooo excited for you...i just checked your chart again....everything is looking great!! How are you feeling?????

Baby dust to all....

254 - Yes, I think the spotting was probably a mixture of IB and my regular spotting. My spotting started at 7dpo but I think I implanted at 9/10dpo (going by the temp dip on my chart). I guess that means that we should be so concerned about early spotting. I really thought that early spotting meant that I would have no chance of implantation but it seems I was wrong. Oh - and I completely agree with you about this thread - I feel a bit of a gatecrasher now but you guys are so lovely and supportive so I will keep checking back :)

Isabel209 - I'm sorry I don't know a great deal about the after effects of a lap. If you are concerned, I would recommend that you ring or go to see your dr though? Sorry I can't be more help - I hope everything is ok.

Mum23 - you still have 4 clomid chances left and it is still possible. I can understand you wanting to get your head into a place that will accept it if it doesn't happen but you still have a good chance of it happening. I really hope it does for you - hopefully you are BD'ing lots and will catch that eggy this cycle! I'm feeling good - still temping as I'm paranoid that it will drop and/or I will start bleeding any day. I guess that it normal though - your worry just transfers itself from one thing to another, doesn't it?! Other than that, I am hungry (!), have a full/butterflies feeling down below, and tender breasts. Other than that great - even my skin seems to be clearing up (it was bad since coming off the pill, I guess due to PCOS)!

Hi everyone -

I have been away from the computer basically all weekend but was dying to come in and update you. FF says my chart has gone "triphasic" and while I'm desperate to test, I'd like to wait until Wednesday (12dpo) to hopefully avoid any BFN's. They're so disheartening. Plus, my LP was only 11 days last month so I figure that's when my period is technically "due". I'll update everyone when I test! No spotting yesterday which is when I started spotting with a MAJOR temp decline last month. So far, temps just keep going UP UP UP! :)

I now need to backtrack a bit to catch up on things in the thread, but I had to update on me! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->