Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

I'm taking B50 Complex. Off the top of my head I can't remember the pill size. I also take 5mg (yes, milligrams, not micrograms!) of folic acid as I'm diabetic and 400 micrograms isn't enough.

Start the B vits ASAP - they are good for the whole cycle and yes you can continue taking them after conception. They are actually prescribed by doctors to help with nausea during pregnancy.

I've always read that you should take a similar amount of the other B vits, but my research is from google mostly, not a published source!

V I do think you should think about publishing though. I'm always shamed by your knowledge whenever I come across your posts on here!

"Everything you need need to know about TTC and more"
Written and edited by V
Available on POAS.com

I'd buy it!

:hugs:

LoL! Thank you for the compliments, but this is really just a hobby. When I put my mind to doing something, I go all out because I always want to completely understand what I am up against! Which pretty much means I am a huge nerd. But I am glad I have found a place where I can share what I have gathered on the subject.

Did you find what you what you needed?

Vestirse you're not a nerd! You're a monitor. I'm the same, I feel better and more in control the more info (accurate info) I have on a subject I'm dealing with. And, let's face it, being able to help yourself in the chaotic world of hormonal imbalances: priceless.

Totally on the same page then knitpicker! BTW, you look really sweet in your avatar! Like it a lot!

LoL! Thank you for the compliments, but this is really just a hobby. When I put my mind to doing something, I go all out because I always want to completely understand what I am up against! Which pretty much means I am a huge nerd. But I am glad I have found a place where I can share what I have gathered on the subject.

Did you find what you what you needed?

Am going to Holland and Barrett today, they have a b-50 and b-100. Think I'll go with b-50, have heard from other girls that too much can mess up your cycle.

:hugs:

Whoa! I thought the glow-in-the-dark pee was an urban myth!!!!! :rofl:

Hi,

I've read this thread a couple of times now and I have a 9-10 day LP. So I've just ordered Vitamin B complex, 50 mg from H&B.

One question for you ladies, my length of cycle last month was 30 days with Ovulation on CD21. Will I ovulate earlier than this with taking this complex or will it make my cycle, in total, longer?

Thanks and I'll update this thread at the end of the month and let you know what happened.

Thanks

Hi,

I've read this thread a couple of times now and I have a 9-10 day LP. So I've just ordered Vitamin B complex, 50 mg from H&B.

One question for you ladies, my length of cycle last month was 30 days with Ovulation on CD21. Will I ovulate earlier than this with taking this complex or will it make my cycle, in total, longer?

Thanks and I'll update this thread at the end of the month and let you know what happened.

Thanks

They're the ones I've got. From what the other girls have said, I think it could either move ov forward or keep ov same and make cycle longer. Or maybe a bit of each??? I'm keeping an eye on ov this month to see. Good luck!

Have noticed glow-in-the-dark pee is not so bad as I get close to ov??

Hey Wallie, how you doing?

I have been taken B complex for 2 months. My ov date seems to be the same as it was previously (day 14) and last month my lp increased to 11 days from 9 the previous month. So for me, it extended the second half of mycycle slightly (23 days to 25 days). I do have pretty short cycles, but very regular. Hoping for another slight increase to lp this month, or preferably, no af at all! :D

Hi Poshie,

Doing not to bad, thanks!

Going to try this out and see what happens. I'm on CD8 today but I'll start taking once it comes in the post.

Yes, here's hopin we don't need to take this for long! I only wish!!

I have just been reading through this post and it was very informative particularly since it starting with someone who has high prolactin levels like myself and I can see that she is now pg. So that gives me hope.

I am very keen to start taking B Vits as my LP only seems to be 10 or 11 this month (a bit confused about ov day). And I have just realised that I have B Vits Complex in the cupboard but each pill provides the following:

Thiamin 1.4mg
Riboflavin 1.6mg
Niacin 18.0mg
Pantothenic Acid 6.0mg
Vitamin B6 2.0mg
Bitamin B12 1.0mcg
Folacin 200mcg
Biotin 150mcg
RDA 100% for all of above

I am also taking Folic Acid seperately at 400mcg, can I continue this pill with the FA in the Vit B Complex? And is the dosage from the Complex sound right?

Thanks

The dosage in the Complex you have sounds low to me. Can you get your hands on B-50? I actually don't think anyone on this thread is taking less than 50mg, though I've heard as little as 25mg is also effective.

Taking a separate dose of Folic Acid should be fine, though I have 400mcg of Folic Acid included in my B Vitamin as Folic Acid is a B Vitamin.

Thanks hun, I just realised how low that really is. Going to have a look today to see if I can get B50. The folic acid in the complex is 200mcg meaning I would be taking 600mcg in total.

I take 600mcg everyday, there's absolutely no harm in that (just realized folacin is Folic Acid). I think you can take up to 1mg quite safely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->