Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Hi all.

Quick question....

Have kinda come to the conclusion that bvits are not the thing for me. Had another 10 day lp this month after taking b100 (no spotting mind!).

We are having ICSI, starting in July and am considering stopping Bvits (only cos they don't seem to be doing it for me) but don't want to send my cycle into meltdown. I need regular cycles (the shorter the better!!) for the next 2 months so we can start ICSI asap in July.

Any thoughts/experiences on stopping bvits?

Thanks

Hi all.

Quick question....

Have kinda come to the conclusion that bvits are not the thing for me. Had another 10 day lp this month after taking b100 (no spotting mind!).

We are having ICSI, starting in July and am considering stopping Bvits (only cos they don't seem to be doing it for me) but don't want to send my cycle into meltdown. I need regular cycles (the shorter the better!!) for the next 2 months so we can start ICSI asap in July.

Any thoughts/experiences on stopping bvits?

Thanks

Sorry Mrs G, I really don't know the answer to your question. I think in this case you might be better to seek the advice of your GP.

Wishing you the very best of luck with ICSI and hope you get to see your :bfp: soon.

:hugs:

Sorry you don't feel the Bvits are working for you Mrs G. I hope that the GP can help answer the question for you. I'm on my first cycle of Bvits so have no idea if they've helped yet...

Wishing you all the best with ICSI. :dust:

Hi Ladies,
I've been ttc for 6 months, and over the past few months I've added a bunch of things---b50, fertilaid (which has vitex/agnus castus in it), and acupuncture. Last month I felt crampy and nauseous around ovulation and for the whole two weeks until AF.
Ever since I've been ttc, my ovulation date has been around cd12 or cd13, and I have 26 day cycles. But this month it is now cd15 and no temp rise. I got a positive opk test yesterday morning, but now I'm thinking it might have been a false positive since I tested first thing in the morning and tests later in the day were not as strongly positive.
I'm really confused since I thought those herbs and vitamins would move ovulation up, not back....
Any thoughts on this?
I'm feeling anxious and confused that maybe one of these things has actually thrown my cycle off in a bad way.
Thanks for any insight on this!

If you are having regular cycles with a good length luteal phase (your cycle looks great to me as it is) then i don't think there is any need to take either B50 or agnus castus as they are intended to lengthen LP and regulate ov. However, i don't think it can do any permanent harm... simply stop taking them and you should go back to what you were before if you find they have made your cycles worse.
I would think you are likely to see a temp rise in the next few days so get busy with the jiggy and good luck.

While Googling info about my luteal phase defect, I came across this thread (all 51 pages) and read it all!

I just wanted to say how helpful it was for me - I learnt so much, and am now taking several supplements to help me along. I was feeling really down and hopeless before this.

While Googling info about my luteal phase defect, I came across this thread (all 51 pages) and read it all!

I just wanted to say how helpful it was for me - I learnt so much, and am now taking several supplements to help me along. I was feeling really down and hopeless before this.

That's great to hear Ummar. Best of luck with it.

I have no doubt B-50 helped me to get my BFP

Im on CD6 today so will be popping to Boots tomorrow to get some B50 and hopefuly gain a few extra days of LP :happydance:

Amanda

Hi guys,

I posted in this threat way back in the early days and i'm glad to see so many positive things and stories.

I just wanted to add my little bit to this too. It was this thread that got me started on the Vit B's back in March.
I started on 50 once a day and first month i noticed 2 days less spotting before my flow.
The next month was only 2 days too so i went up to 100s.
That month was a big improvement to my spotting. I use to spot for about 7 days prior to normal flow and have always done so most my life. I never realise this could be a problem till i read this thread!

On Vit B 100's my spotting virtually stops! i get 1 or 2 days max and then a normal proper red AF. For most this year so far, AFs prior to the Vit B were pathetically short, brown and non-existent.
On Vit B's i have 3-4 days decent flow and i'm so hopeful that this is going to make all the difference.
We've TTC for over a year and a half now and i'm 33 and not getting any younger! 2 miscarriages which the NHS were totally useless so i've had to go understand and try for myself instead.

For all of those thinking of starting Vit B or are just starting, i would really recommend it! I haven't got my BFP yet, but each day i dont spot, the more positive i am about being in control and then i am very hopeful.

To summarise; Vit B 100s lengthened my luteal phase from 9 days to 12/13 days.
I think the EPO (2 caps max strangth daily) helped me to ovulate.
The Vit B has also boosted my immunity and given me more energy. Everyone around me at work is falling sick but i remain germ free! so that's also a bonus.
I found that i'm also ovulating a day or so earlier then i thought i was now. Also lengthening my lutheal phase.

My final thought is have no idea what it is doing to my progesterone levels yet. I wont know till i get my positive. I feel this was the reason for my miscarriages so time will tell if this is my magic formula.

Good luck everyone, dont give up on hope!

Sam :)

:thumbup:

Hi everyone, just thought i would bump this thread as i found it tremendously useful. I started on B6-50 yesterday after taking a measly 10mg last month. If it wasn't for this thread i would have thought i was ill seeing the florescent wee that started immediately :rofl: Anyway - as usual, lots of helpful info for us out there with short leutal phases! x

I've just realised that i've been taking a really really low dosage :hissy: I have now bought B 100 today so hopefully next month i will be more successful as it looks like i will only get to 9DPO :cry:

Well B6 last cycle increased my LP by 3 days from 6 - 9 so im hoping the same this time round too!!!

Hi ladies - I'm really glad to find this post! I have VERY short luteal phases - maybe 8-9 days - and am going to see my doctor this week. I started taking B6 this month, 50 mg plus 10mg from my pre-natal. Let's see what happens.

Glad to see others are having success!
- Reikibaby

I O very late in my cycle usually between day 19-21 then start spotting about day 25. I am looking to lengthen my luteal phase. Is it too late to start the B Complex if I'm at day 22? or should I wait til my next cycle. I only following NFP and am not TTC. I too suffer from endometreosis and IBS. Is there something else I should be taking as well? Any advise would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Crystal

I'm taking B-100 too! It's helped by extending my non-spotting days by 2 days - hoping for more!!

Ok so i am going to start taking vit B hoping it might help us along. Is it only B6 you take? I have been off the pill since 28th May

You should take a combination of all the B vits - known as B complex. Unless you have an LPD, I think it would be a waste of money to take the B vits. It could take a couple of months for the pill to leave your system and your cycles to return to normal. If then you feel you LP is low then maybe consider taking them.

I started taking B50 complex on cd3, the last 2 months i ov'd on cd30 and had a 9/10 day Lp.

This month i ov'd on day 17, a whole 13 days ealier and i'm 5dpo and last month my temp dipped here but no dip as yet.

Hoping for a 14 day lp as well.

Without this thread i'd have no idead about B vits.

Nikki

Wow sounds promising nikki79

Last month i got to 10dpo and now on day 6dpo and keeping everything crossed to get past 10days, so its an anxious 5day wait

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->