Vitamin K for baby? are you doing it?

I'm with leeloo, I will not be giving my baby it, I personally think there is far too many vaccinations etc that this small tiny baby are given and its my personal choice that anything unnessacery I will not give permission and I PERSONALLY believe this is unnessacery. But it's up to each person.

mine have all had it injected-- vaccinations/injections etc so much worse when they are bigger!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't do it. Instead I took vitamin K supplements and ate obscene amounts of kale to give her vitamin K through breastmilk. However, I would have given her the oral version if she was born with any bruising or bleeding. She's perfectly healthy!

I'm keen to watch this thread...I got my step mum to do a load of research (shes a dr and has access to different papers etc) for us as I am in 2 minds, I wasn't convinced either way....but what makes me wonder about it is that if ALL babies are born with low levels then can they be counted as low levels?? Surely there is a reason nature hasn't given them higher ones?:shrug:

I was leaning towards giving it orally (if we decide to) but what you said summer rain has made me think twice...

Thanks for bringing it up, I'm keen to learn other people opinions :thumbup:

I'm keen to watch this thread...I got my step mum to do a load of research (shes a dr and has access to different papers etc) for us as I am in 2 minds, I wasn't convinced either way....but what makes me wonder about it is that if ALL babies are born with low levels then can they be counted as low levels?? Surely there is a reason nature hasn't given them higher ones?:shrug:

I was leaning towards giving it orally (if we decide to) but what you said summer rain has made me think twice...

Thanks for bringing it up, I'm keen to learn other people opinions :thumbup:

My midwife actually said that she doesn't consider newborns' levels to be low, but normal, just as you're saying. The levels are only low compared to adult levels. Hemorrhagic disease is very rare, which is why I was comfortable taking supplements myself since she had no signs of trauma at birth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->