Vitamin K

ChrissiK

Reaction score
Could somebody please direct me to some information about Vitamin K that's more in depth than "this is what we do" Didn't give birth in the UK before and not sure what to think of it (leaning towards denying, but it is a very threatening form to fill out...)

Thanks!

This might be of use to you.

The reason for the form being like that is as with everything, it's mostly a huge arse covering exercise. They don't want someone to decline and there be an issue and they get sued for not giving enough information :)

There's a form?? I've declined unless there is bruising to the baby and with a HB I doubt that there would be.

I read a lot of information which helped me to make my decision on this site: https://www.gentlebirth.org/archives/vitktop.html

I decided that baby will have the vitamin k injection but from reading those links I'm now not so sure...

I'm hoping for delayed cord clamping and a physiological third stage so I'm not sure if the injection is necessary now?

I decided that baby will have the vitamin k injection but from reading those links I'm now not so sure...

I'm hoping for delayed cord clamping and a physiological third stage so I'm not sure if the injection is necessary now?

You do know that they also have oral vitamin K which is not supposed to have the cancer risk. The baby can get it or the mother. I'm leaning towards me taking the vitamin K and giving it to the baby through milk.

Vitamin K2 is a group of compounds largely obtained in meats, cheeses, and eggs, and synthesized by bacteria. It's results in decreased blood levels of prothrombin.

Mine will be getting the oral vit. K

I am asking my mw to administer it orally but yes, ill be giving it.

Oral vit for dd1-yes it's 2doses but why give a baby a jab if there's no need? After reading round we decided to go with it. That link above is really useful!

i could never decline the vitamin K; they can get blood diseases, and there is no risks to the injection; more risks to not have it.

Each to their own tho.

i could never decline the vitamin K; they can get blood diseases, and there is no risks to the injection; more risks to not have it.

Each to their own tho.

There IS a risk of cancer later. The oral vitamin K does the same thing and doesn't carry the risk, so why would you give the shot?

We will be doing the oral vitamin k. I had planned on denying it completely until we found out baby will be on antibiotics for at least 4 weeks following birth due to kidney problems, and antibiotics make them more prone to problems with clotting, so I'd rather be on the safe side.

i'll probably get it orally but not at birth i want to make sure there arent ABOHDN problems first which from my research since ds1 was born ( and given the vit K ) can be exaserbated by the vit K injection

I wonder if they have the oral dose here in aus as the needle has always been given in hosp..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->