vitamin troubles?

T

tinytoes

do your prenatal vitamins give u upset tummy? I'm convinced mine give me diahreah (spelling?!..)

well im taking pregnacare and i find that they are making me constipated.

It could be possible hun, not that I have heard this but some people can't take folic acid as it makes them sick, every tablet has a possibvle side effect.......maybe try another brand of the same sort of thing, I used Sanatogens pre-natal and I never had any problems with them. Good Luck! x

You could always ask your doctor for a prescription for a different kind of prenates. I've heard that those are sometimes easier on the system than over-the-counter.Good luck!

Mine haven't given me too much trouble...but I have heard of some women breaking them in half and taking 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 in the evening. By getting less at once, it reduces the nausea that some people get from the vitamins...

my midwife told me that prenatal vitamins are a waste of money and that the only thing worth taking is folic acid. The baby takes what it needs from what you eat and as long as you try to eat a good diet (obviously it's hard during the first few months!) your baby will be fine.

YES! I'm glad I'm not alone. I find that prenatals make me feel sick to my stomach.

My doc said they could definitely upset the tummy... even the flinstone type that I'm taking.

So he advised I go off them a while, include some dietary fiber in my diet (Metamucil) and see how that went... once systems were all better, I could resume prenatals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->