Vitamins, why?!

Jencocoa

Reaction score
What the heck is in vitamins we have to take that makes me want to puke so much?!

Iron!!

I didnt take them during my last pregnany and ended up really anaemic due to low iron. Had to have a blood transfusion :( so sickness or not Im taking them religiously during this pregnancy :) Hope youre feeling better soon x

The iron Hun... Does 3 things. Makes u sick, constipated and then when you do poop it can be jet black

Yep, it's the iron. Might be best to ask Doc if you can take the kind without iron in the first tri, until you aren't nauseated as easily. Just a thought.

The iron Hun... Does 3 things. Makes u sick, constipated and then when you do poop it can be jet black

Yes this!! :haha:

If taking them before bed doesn't help, there are other forms of iron that are easier on the stomach than pill form. xo

Mine were making me nauseous in the traditional "swallow the pill" form, so i picked up a bottle of gummy vitamins yesterday...they worried me because they have fish oil for the DHA, so i expected fishy gummies, but they are sooo good, i didnt taste fish at all...it was like eating candy thats good for you :thumbup:

This happened to me last time. This time though I have been taking them straight after food, and touch wood no nausea. X

I think it's the iron. High iron in multivitamins makes me sick even when I'm not pregnant, so when I went to choose a multivitamin, I made sure not to get a vitamin with too high of iron (I chose Rainbow Light and I love them. They have iron, but do not make me feel sick.)

I just got my bloodwork back from my first prenatal visit and my iron is a little low. I figure if I have to take more iron, I will probably take my prenatal in the morning and my additional iron supplement in the evening. I have also read that they have a liquid iron supplement that is easier on the stomach so I think I might try that too.

Mine were making me nauseous in the traditional "swallow the pill" form, so i picked up a bottle of gummy vitamins yesterday...they worried me because they have fish oil for the DHA, so i expected fishy gummies, but they are sooo good, i didnt taste fish at all...it was like eating candy thats good for you :thumbup:

Do your gummies have iron though? I'm also taking the gummies (sans iron) for the first trimester and then my doctor will check my levels at the next visit to see if I need the iron.

It's my understanding that the gummies don't have iron because they're appealing to kids and the iron would be dangerous if kids were to get into the bottle.

I just took folic acid during 1st tri, and my iron levels were ok. I now take some chewable vitamins...sooooo much better lol, even if they don't have iron. Pooping is hard enough during pregnancy never mind making hard harder:haha:

I just took folic acid during 1st tri, and my iron levels were ok. I now take some chewable vitamins...sooooo much better lol, even if they don't have iron. Pooping is hard enough during pregnancy never mind making hard harder:haha:

Literally harder? :haha:

I checked, and these gummies apparently dont have iron, they do have plenty of folic acid and the DHA that i was taking separately..i wonder if the iron in my old vitamin is what was giving me the constipation? I had been taking them for a while before i got pregnant, but the combination of that and the vitamins maybe was too much for my digestive tract to take! :blush:

GI motility is slowed down anyways during pregnancy so the iron on top of it doesn't help

Like other people said you may not have to take iron in the 1st trimester (though I would discuss anything with your dr.'s nurse/actual dr.) I take a sour gummy chewable at night time and *knock on wood* haven't had MS yet.

Literally harder? :haha:

I checked, and these gummies apparently dont have iron, they do have plenty of folic acid and the DHA that i was taking separately..i wonder if the iron in my old vitamin is what was giving me the constipation? I had been taking them for a while before i got pregnant, but the combination of that and the vitamins maybe was too much for my digestive tract to take! :blush:

Literally harder indeed...kinda like rabbit poop:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"