Vitex extract vs Vitex Fruit capsules....

Dutchiekins

Reaction score
Hey Everyone...

So I've been on these boards for some time, but I haven't posted in awhile.
We've been trying to conceive for a year now and I had to give myself a break from the stress. It seems everyone around me is getting pregnant!!!!
So... last month I had done a progesterone test and found that I wasn't ovulating, or if I had it was very very week. My progesterone was only 5.6.
I have somewhat regular periods each month and a temp shift, but I also get hormonal acne and canker sores and the worst cramps EVER!

So I decided this month to try Vitex. I started a few days before my period came (on time) ... so it could build up in my system. And I knew I probably wasn't pregnant.
Now I am on around CD 7. And I have a question maybe someone can answer?
I first started taking Chasteberry EXTRACT 80mg... and I built up to 5 pills/day (400mg). On the bottle it says only to take 2 pills/day, but I thought that can't be right because everyone online says to take 1000mg!

I was liek what the heck? So I went today to the market and bought another bottle which is 400mg... but I've just realized that it is Chasteberry fruit, it doesn't say Extract.
So I researched it and now Im assuming the extract is stronger??

Ugh... so Today I have taken 3 Extract capsules, and 1 fruit capsule. And I have no idea what dose I am actually taking.
Does anyone out there know how the Extract compares in Dosage to the Regular fruit capsule? Or which is better...? Or how much I should really take?

Lol, ANY info would be helpful.
And I promise to return to share my experience if Vitex works for me.
<3

OH and P.s...
In only 1 week and a half taking Vitex, my face has cleared up a ton...and I have a lot of cm that I didn't have before... so I am feeling its going to do something good.
Hope that helps someone else out there!!!

I'm not able to help sorry but I do have one question for you.... Do you know if there is a 'right' time to start taking vitex - like you started just before your period is that the best time? Or did it just work out like that for you? I think I'm going to start on it but not sure when! And if I am supposed to take it everyday of the cycle or just until ovulation?!?

Hey Ella, From my research you should take it every day of your cycle and give it a couple months to take some effect. a LOT of reviews I've read said people got pregnant or got their cycle's back on track after 2 or 3 months! I think in most cases you should start taking it at the start of a new cycle, because your not supposed to start taking it if pregnant. But I knew that I hadn't really ovulated well, so I just kinda knew you know?
I was like well whatever might as well get a head start...

But it has taken some immediate effects for me, like my face has cleared up a lot in a week, and I have a lot of erm wet... down there. A lot. And I am also a lot more frisky I guess... haha.
I'm hoping it will help me to ovulate stronger, have more progesterone, and more cm.
Otherwise my cycles are fairly regular besides the fact that I have a very hard time telling when or if I've ovulated (probably due to the fact that it isn't strong enough).
So I hope that helps you!
I also read a few reviews where some ladies suggested that if you find out your pregnant, you not quit cold turkey, but wean yourself off the chasteberry just so it doesn't cause any sudden drop in progesterone ect... but that was their opinion not proffesional advice. So I think in the end its up to your discretion and what your comfortable with.
Now if I can just figure out this silly dosage!

Hey Ella, From my research you should take it every day of your cycle and give it a couple months to take some effect. a LOT of reviews I've read said people got pregnant or got their cycle's back on track after 2 or 3 months! I think in most cases you should start taking it at the start of a new cycle, because your not supposed to start taking it if pregnant. But I knew that I hadn't really ovulated well, so I just kinda knew you know?
I was like well whatever might as well get a head start...

But it has taken some immediate effects for me, like my face has cleared up a lot in a week, and I have a lot of erm wet... down there. A lot. And I am also a lot more frisky I guess... haha.
I'm hoping it will help me to ovulate stronger, have more progesterone, and more cm.
Otherwise my cycles are fairly regular besides the fact that I have a very hard time telling when or if I've ovulated (probably due to the fact that it isn't strong enough).
So I hope that helps you!
I also read a few reviews where some ladies suggested that if you find out your pregnant, you not quit cold turkey, but wean yourself off the chasteberry just so it doesn't cause any sudden drop in progesterone ect... but that was their opinion not proffesional advice. So I think in the end its up to your discretion and what your comfortable with.
Now if I can just figure out this silly dosage!

Thanks SOOO MUCH! and sorry I am no help with the dosage but you have actually just answered all my questions that ive been trying all morning to figure out! SUPERSTAR! good luck

Hey No problem!! I know what it's like searching for answers, and everyone always seems to say something different... lol.
I guess I'll just keep taking the chasteberry in whatever amount and hope for the best until someone can tell me otherwise! I dont think that there is anything unsafe about it but I dont want to mess up my cycle.
You know a lot of people seem to not know much about it, I youtube'd videos about success with Vitex, and I have to say that there are a lot of success stories that gave me high hopes... so Im going with it for now!
If anyone has any more info for me that would be great. If not I'll keep you posted on how it goes for me :)

I've done a lot of reaserach lately on vitex.

I've been taking this [LOTS OF REVIEWS ON AMAZON if you're interested]: There are lot's of stories in the reviews from people who are using/ have used it which prompted me to try it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001E101L2/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm currently taking the 400 mg of agnus-castus fruit supplement 2x/day [1 in the a.m., 1 before bed]. It says to take 1 capsule 2-3x/day. BUT I will stop it as soon as I ovulate because there is a caution on the bottle that states: DO NOT USE DURING PREGNANCY.

FYI, I'm also taking red raspberry leaf as well which I've also read is great for cycles and even labor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->