Vomiting & solids question

Mary Jo

Mummy to Adam and Joel
Reaction score
Today Adam has been sick about 4 times, real projectile rivers of milk sick, I was amazed by how much came out of him. :( We've been out most of the day and were not at home when he did the first sick, so he hasn't had any solids today (we've been BLW for the last couple of weeks) and so the sick was all milk sick.

He is sleepy and refusing water/Dioralyte; early evening he would only take about 3oz milk (usually has 7-8oz) but it came back up. Mood-wise, he seems his usual self. I am wondering if we should offer him some of our dinner or just concentrate on getting him to take more milk and water/Dioralyte? (His last nappy was practically dry and it had been on for 4 hours :( )

I'm not sure but when we started solids Ruby started throwing up loads. It wasn't projectile though. It stopped when we switched back to first milk from hungry baby. Maybe call NHS direct if you're worried?

The dry nappy makes me think it might be worth speaking to your doctor. I'm not sure that eating solids would help much at the moment.

Hope he's doing better soon.

no advice hon, just wanted to give you :hugs:

Oh no hun! I would definitely take him to the doctor. The dry diaper is what worries me. :hugs: I hope you can get to the bottom of it.

thanks for the advice and hugs ladies... I am worried about him now, he didn't wake up when we had our dinner, normally he'd be alert and eager to join us. :( He *is* alert, we took him up to get ready for bed and he behaved as usual. BUT his nappy, which had been on from about 5pm-10pm after I changed him out of the practically dry one, was also practically dry. I'd put him in a cloth nappy (he usually wears cloth but we sometimes use disposable when out for the day) because it's easier to tell how wet they are, as I am more familiar with them, and the white cotton booster pad was stained with a small amount of pretty dark urine. it's normally colourless.

don't know whether to see how he goes with the bottle his daddy is giving him now or to call NHS Direct. I'm sure if he manages to keep it down he'll be ok but worried it'll come back up. the first lot of sick was about an hour after he was fed.

:(

update: Adam seems fine today, no more sick since last night, and he took the whole of his last two bottles. am very relieved. :)

phew - glad to hear that MJ x

Oh thank goodness! I was getting on here just to see. :hugs:

thanks Shiv & cleck :hugs: - Adam is still fine (touch of the runs but nothing that's distressing him) but unfortunately he gave first me and then Chris whatever bug he had. I started feeling sick about 6am Sunday and spent the day shuttling between bed and the toilet throwing up, then 7pm last night C turned green and - same. I started feeling ok about 2 hours ago, good thing because C is in no state to do anything - I predict till about 7pm tonight. it was 24 hours on the dot for me. nasty.

me oh and baby luca had the same. as did my niece. blah 24 hrs on the dot! hv said its goin around:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->