votes needed...

babyblessed

Reaction score
Okay really getting stressed by work and want to take maternity leave early but don't know if I should just bear with it; when do you all think is the best time to start?

• 32 weeks
  • 34 weeks
  • 36 weeks

see if you can put all yr holidays together and take all of them at 35 weeks and start marternity at 36 weeks or take 2 weeks of as holiday at 34 weeks and another 2 weeks off at 35 weeks at least that way you can finish early and look forward to having that extra month when baby is born, if you go back to work, that is what i have done...

I voted 32, mainly because I am in a similar situation to yourself. I only work part time, and Im not entitled to maternity leave..but Im finishing up next week or the week after. Ive just got to the stage now where I need to get away from there, its too tiring, and I have muscle problems at the front of my bump, with work taking it out of me, I dont think its really helping. If you have any holidays etc, take them first, but you need to put yourself and your baby first. :)

i put 36wks although if baby comes at week 40 then i wouldnt want to leave until maybe 2wks before.....

I just started my maternity leave today - so I left it pretty late. I was due to go at 36 weeks but changed my mind as I'm feeling fine and thought I might lose my mind if I had nothing to do, except wait, for 4 (or maybe 6) weeks. I'm pleased I waited but it may mean that I don't have long on my own... but the maternity pay is so dire where I work that hopefully it will be all worth it! Plus its fun making all your work mates nervous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->