Voting to stay or leave EU. Confused!

This is how I feel (from fb)

Arrgh trying to do some work today, but I just can't get this out of my head. It's not the anger, or the sadness or the disappointment. It's the absurdity of it all, like I'm inside some Kafka novel. Thinking about it short-circuits my brain. All of these clauses, what they actually mean, Scotland can veto it, Scotland can't veto it, the EU can't force the triggering of article 50, the EU thinks it might be able to invoke article 7, but no it can't, 2Trillion wiped off markets, multiple times the annual EU membership fee lost in a day - all of these "suddenly emerging" realities. I just can't wrap my head around how Leave were able to get away with it. I can't get my head around how the media just broadcast what these people said, how they might well have all published fact-check pages for all to see, but how they totally and utterly failed to have the courage to communicate the bigger picture; the very likely probability of the scenario we see now, for fear of sounding biased. They cannot honestly claim they couldn't have imagined this. And least of all Leave. Surreal, just utterly surreal.'

Absurd is right. Our leave voters in work are 'scared of the future' because 'nobody thought leave would win'.
Atmosphere at the office is still xenophobic with undertones of racism. If I hear any more nonsense about EU migrants needing to go home because they voted us out, or about stealing British jobs, I might explode.

I think that leave voters tend to be scared and think leave were not suppose to win or I voted because I dont like x y or z but never really wanted to leave but wanted my voice heard and those who I see as being brainwashed into believing that leave was the way forward to a great future. No one quite knows how that will happen only that it must be outside of the EU and somehow it will happen.

I saw a great facebook discussion between a friend on facebook (mum from school) and one of younger cousins where he was basically saying thanks for those who voted him out. She basically said he should be grateful because voting out meant a much brighter future. He asked her how she just said she did not know but it was going to be great and one day he would thank them. He gave up at that point

I think I'm in denial and still hoping the government will put a stop to it somehow lol.

Has anyone seen thr footage from the European Parliament. Nigel Farage was his usual vile self. Alyn smith - well done sir!

I've not. Why was Farage there? He's not even an MP.

I couldn't watch the whole video, he makes me so angry!

Although I think he was asked why he was even there by a fellow MEP. A complete disgrace.

I find it embarassing that people must look at him and think thats what we stand for.

Thanks, that makes sense.

Bit hypocritical being an MEP at the same time as saying leave Europe. If he truly believes we shouldn't be in Europe then he shouldn't be taking a wage from them. Nor the £2.5m funding for his group - Europe of Freedom and Direct Democracy group. It's like a vegan working for Birdseye and also getting them to fund animal rights protests :wacko:

Thanks, that makes sense.

Bit hypocritical being an MEP at the same time as saying leave Europe. If he truly believes we shouldn't be in Europe then he shouldn't be taking a wage from them. Nor the £2.5m funding for his group - Europe of Freedom and Direct Democracy group. It's like a vegan working for Birdseye and also getting them to fund animal rights protests :wacko:

That's why I hate it when people say they are not elected. They are, maybe if we stopped electing Nigel farage then we could have a better voice there.

So hows everyone feeling post Brexit?

I'm still trying to cling onto some hope that Article 50 isn't invoked and our Government find some sense.

On a personal note, I'm pretty pissed off. Need Euros for a holiday and the exchange rate is crap and getting lower as the days go on.

Not too happy. Things have been bad at work (I'm a migrant and my colleagues voted Leave), I feel uncomfortable in many situations and I have been talked about in a café (where are they from, what's she speaking to the kid, why can't they go home) when the people who picked up on the fact that I wasn't British didn't realize I could speak the vernacular too.
I'll have a whole lot of unneccessary trouble because of Brexit, by the look of things.

Not too happy. Things have been bad at work (I'm a migrant and my colleagues voted Leave), I feel uncomfortable in many situations and I have been talked about in a café (where are they from, what's she speaking to the kid, why can't they go home) when the people who picked up on the fact that I wasn't British didn't realize I could speak the vernacular too.
I'll have a whole lot of unneccessary trouble because of Brexit, by the look of things.

I'm sorry to hear that AnneD. It pisses me off when I hear stories like this.

Please don't think that's the views of everyone. I'd like to think they are in the minority but that maybe wishful thinking. You have as much right to be here as the next 'British' person.

If Theresa May becomes leader I can't see much changing in way of immigration, she hasn't taken the hard line the other candidates have and obviously she wants to stay in the single market so I think in terms of immigration at least that not much would change with her, lots of disappointed out voters I'd imagine.

I am frustrated. I look around and so many of my friends are hurting, they're kind, decent, honest, hardworking people and they're seeing and hearing awful things. Go home? When this is their home.

The pound is at a ridiculously low rate and the Bank of England is having to do stuff with our assets. And some people voted for this becaus of exactly that phrase "go home" yet today the parliaments voted for the eu residents to be allowed to remain. So that and the NHS not actually getting more money (two things I read as a reason a fair bit) and I'm wondering why exactly people wanted to leave.

I am frustrated. I look around and so many of my friends are hurting, they're kind, decent, honest, hardworking people and they're seeing and hearing awful things. Go home? When this is their home.

The pound is at a ridiculously low rate and the Bank of England is having to do stuff with our assets. And some people voted for this becaus of exactly that phrase "go home" yet today the parliaments voted for the eu residents to be allowed to remain. So that and the NHS not actually getting more money (two things I read as a reason a fair bit) and I'm wondering why exactly people wanted to leave.

The reasons I got when asked why people were voting leave were:

Stop immigrants coming into this Country.
Stop "them immigrants coming from Syria".....
Get Our Country Back
Sick of the non-elected people in Brussels dictating laws in the UK
More money to go the NHS
Coz Farage is a legend
and the most favourite one was to "to make Britain Great again"

I honestly didn't hear an actual fact based argument from anyone voting Leave. I was very much open to hearing different sides of the debate as in the beginning I was 60:40 remain and was quite willing to change my mind based on facts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->