VQ scan for pulmonary embolism?!

OnyxSnowfall

2 boys and a girl!
Reaction score
Has anyone had this done during any of their pregnancies?! How did everything with you and your little one(s) progress?

Hours ago I inhaled radiation through a tube (a geiger counter was used on me to measure it lol!) and was given something through an IV then had scans taken (after a chest xray where I had to request a pelvic guard). I am so terrified!! I must have asked the Doctors and a radiologist a couple dozen inquiries - I almost signed a paper to refuse treatment but in the end I did not want to put my baby at a greater risk.

Am I going to deliver a glowing baby?! Gah :cry:

My results were normal, I have unexplained chest inflammation, but am so paranoid I might have subjected baby to unnecessary damage.

Ah the joys of pregnancy :dohh:

Of course everyone at the hospital attempted to reassure me it was all safe (even with me having kidney damage) but I was unable to be consoled. I hate making on the spot decisions when I am uninformed sigh.

I had a VQ scan with my youngest at 16 weeks due to reaching heart rate and unexplained fever. Everything came back clear and normal ad she was born perfectly healthy.
I wouldn't worry to much. They have a lowered dose that they give women who are pregnant and I haven't heard of any ill effects.

I had a VQ scan with my youngest at 16 weeks due to reaching heart rate and unexplained fever. Everything came back clear and normal ad she was born perfectly healthy.
I wouldn't worry to much. They have a lowered dose that they give women who are pregnant and I haven't heard of any ill effects.

Thanks :hugs:. It is hard for me not to worry. I am glad everything turned out well for your LO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->