*VR* Sperm results for us Girls xxxx

You got really good results there i will be really happy if DH are as good as yours... Good luck with the :sex: :dust: xx

Awww thanks everyone :hugs:

Its still the unknown really until doc tells us whats what :wacko:

I'd love for us all to get our :bfp: real soon. Would make me so happy to see the girls on here get preggy after their VR's :kiss: proper icing on the cake :cloud9:

Hubby wont take any supplements. Its a non starter :dohh: He body builds in his spare time and I cannot tell you how many supplements he is already on :haha: maybe helped the sperm results :shrug: who knows! but nope..no pills for him :haha:

x

Ohhh is the image not up :(
Yes the doc is going through it all next Wednesday :)

Good luck on your results too! x

Hopefully the doc gives you some good answers... I do know that the count should go up over time... so that's good, but also why it can take a bit longer to conceive after a VR. If he's not currently taking any supplements, might be a good idea for him to start ;)

I got my hubby started on Fertilaid right away... guess we'll see how it worked after his SA this week. We know the surgery worked- now we are hopeful for LOTS of good swimmers! lol.

Good luck hun :thumbup:

Boots do a good supplement for men n Women, i was looking at the other day and its 3 for 2 at the moment..

Pregnacare His and Her Conception expert nutritional care for couples trying for a baby
https://www.boots.com/en/Pregnacare-His-and-Her-Conception-60-tablets_1036364/

Wellman® Conception (male)

Nutritional Information Average Per Tablet % RDA
Lycopene Extract 1.5 mg --
Maca Extract 250 mg --
Pine Bark Extract 30 mg --
Octacosanol 3 mg --
Inositol 40 mg --
L-Glutathione 2.5 mg --
L-Arginine 10 mg --
Siberian Ginseng Extract 30 mg --
Co-enzyme Q10 2 mg --
L-Carnitine Tartrate 50 mg --
Citrus Bioflavonoids 10 mg --
Vitamin A (2500 IU) 750 mcg RE 94
Vitamin D3 (as D3 600 IU) 15 mcg 300
Vitamin E 30 mg α- TE 250
Vitamin C 90 mg 113
Thiamin (Vitamin B1) 12 mg 1091
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 5 mg 357
Niacin (Vitamin B3) 18 mg NE 113
Vitamin B6 10 mg 714
Folacin (Folic Acid) 400 mcg 200
Vitamin B12 75 mcg 3000
Biotin 150 mcg 300
Pantothenic Acid 10 mg 167
Magnesium 60 mg 16
Iron 6 mg 43
Zinc 15 mg 150
Copper 1000 mcg 100
Manganese 0.5 mg 25
Selenium 150 mcg 273
Chromium 50 mcg 125
mg - milligram, mcg - microgram, I.U. - International Units, RDA - Recommended Daily allowance (EC) µg – microgram

Pregnacare® Conception (female)

Nutritional Information Average Per Tablet % RDA
L-Arginine 100mg --
Inositol 50 mg --
Betacarotene (Natural Source) 3 mg --
N-Acetyl Cysteine 50 mg --
Vitamin D (as D3 600 I.U.) 15 mcg 300
Vitamin E (Natural Source) 30 mg 300
Vitamin C 90 mg 150
Vitamin B1 (Thiamin) 8 mg 571
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 5 mg 313
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 20 mg 111
Vitamin B6 10 mg 500
Folic Acid 400 mcg 200
Vitamin B12 20 mcg 2000
Biotin 150 mcg 100
Pantothenic Acid 6 mg 100
Iron 14 mg 100
Selenium 50 mcg --
Magnesium 60 mg 20
Zinc 15 mg 100
Iodine 140 mcg 93
Copper 1000 mcg --
mg - milligram, mcg - microgram, I.U. - International Units, RDA - Recommended Daily allowance (EC) µg – microgram

Attachments

• pregnacare-his-&-hers.jpg
    pregnacare-his-&-hers.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 3
I take folic acid ...and thats it :dohh:

I think he's on more vits & mins than listed on that print out as it is :haha: the stuff he aint on i couldnt fit on a postage stamp

I think those pills are very good for the average fella id say :) i think I need something like that.

My diets very hit and miss...although saying that, I fell easily enough last time :shrug: im bit dunno bout it all

Gonna just wait it out a few months into next year...if nothing happens then will seek other options x

The figures in the brackets show the results that the 'average healthy fertile' male would have. They're there so you can compare your results to the average, so you can see whether he's above or below average on each section. (Hope that makes sense!)

His results are looking good :)

Just to expand on my previous reply.

Your OH's results show volume of 3ml - the brackets show that anything above 2ml is good.
His motility is 70% - the brackets show that anything above 40% is good.
His count is 9million - the brackets show that anything above 40million is good (although on my husbands results it said that anything above 20million is good - so they do differ significantly)

The volume and motility are fab :) The count is on the low side but from what I've read this will gradually increase following a VR, so I think all is looking good for you!

Good luck :D

Sorry no info first hand but I did find this for you.

The World Health Organisation provides a definition of a 'normal' sperm count:

* the concentration of spermatozoa should be at least 20 million per ml.
* the total volume of semen should be at least 2ml.
* the total number of spermatozoa in the ejaculate should be at least 40 million.
* at least 75 per cent of the spermatozoa should be alive (it is normal for up to 25 per cent to be dead).
* at least 30 per cent of the spermatozoa should be of normal shape and form.
* at least 25 per cent of the spermatozoa should be swimming with rapid forward movement.
* at least 50 per cent of the spermatozoa should be swimming forward, even if only sluggishly.

It is quite surprising how many dead and abnormal sperm can be present in a 'normal' sample.

Your sperm count is probably the most important aspect of increasing your fertility.
A healthy number of sperm for an average male is 20 million sperm cells per mL of sperm.

Of these sperm, over 50% should be "healthy" and show no signs of deformation - such as a crooked tail, or swimming in circles, etc.

If either one of these two are below normal, these the male is considered to have a fertility problem. This is not a rule, but more of a guideline.

I'm guessing if the motility is 70%, then that's fab. :)

Awww thankyou both for the extra information!

It's a minefield isn't it!?!

It was only 9 weeks from a reversal so I'm hopeful it'll increase over time :)

Hopefully all goes well for you hun, I don't know much about it but I wish you luck!!
xxx

You've got some good info there!! Which shows those figures are great and yer, they will increase over time as the body gets used to producing it again, the more it uses the more it'll produce, so get :sex: :haha: xx

Wow! looks good to me. My OH had his VR in May, and the only information we had afterwards, was 12 weeks later a sample sent in and when we got the letter back it said 'I am pleased to say that sperm are present in the ejaculate, meaning the operation was technically successful.'
:saywhat:
No other information at all!
We were happy at the time but as time has gone on and no pregnancy, we're getting him seen for a proper SA. It's frustrating not knowing if we even have a chance!

Good luck everyone!

hey hunnn! hows you today?!!! Im still trying to be on the PMA PMA mode but my OPK's are still crap so booooooooooooooo!!! xx

Wow! looks good to me. My OH had his VR in May, and the only information we had afterwards, was 12 weeks later a sample sent in and when we got the letter back it said 'I am pleased to say that sperm are present in the ejaculate, meaning the operation was technically successful.'
:saywhat:
No other information at all!
We were happy at the time but as time has gone on and no pregnancy, we're getting him seen for a proper SA. It's frustrating not knowing if we even have a chance!

Good luck everyone!

:-k hmmm, it seems to be the norm that they give us very little information.... My DH's SA is due in Dec. I think I may ring up before then and ask that when we get our results, we get a full, in depth one too, I mean, those figures are what we pay the money for really isn't it? :shrug:

Yeah. We felt like once they'd got the money they lost interest frankly. I dug around and got the surgeon's mobile number:winkwink: and he basically said that they don't do detailed SA at that hospital anyway and gave me the number for another private place that does it - for another £110! (he got an interest in that place perhaps...)
The thing is, OH was just given a pot at the hospital and told to fill it 12 weeks later then send it in. I believe for a proper SA the sample needs to be examined within an hour or the :spermy: start to die, so he has to be on site where they examine it.

I am trying to get OH to go to the GP about it, I rang the GP yesterday and was told that they'd refer him to the NHS hospital for a proper SA. Now it's a case of getting him to actually go, the appointment system is pants at our GP which doesn't help.

I'm worried that OH will get all worried and keep putting it off, for ages. He got really scared before the VR op as he felt like if it didn't work he would be failing me and letting me down. It didn't help that some nob at his work had told him about someone they knew whose wife left him after his VR didn't work. I am trying to be as reassuring as possible and don;t want to push him but I am so down about not knowing whether we even have a chance.

So yea I would speak to them before the op about a proper SA. Better than leaving it till after and being fobbed off! Sorry about the long ranty post, but I feel the need to let ppl know what happened for us with the VR and post op follow up since it's good to go into it armed with as much info as possible to get what you need out of them!

Good luck all x

hey dont apologise! I'm glad you've told me about your experience. It is really such a shame, that you have to pay more for a detailed SA or wait ages for one!!! :growlmad: which hospital did you go to again, I can't remember now :dohh: xx

It was Ross Hall in Glasgow which is a BMI hospital. Yeah it's really annoying, but hey we just have to do what we can from here. We WILL get there in the end!

:dust:

Wow so many trials & tribulations with SA's :nope:

Here was our experience for others that may be lurking around but havnt posted yet

Reversal 16th Aug
Follow up Sep 15th.. THAT day hubbys balls :haha: were checked and notes were gone through with the surgeon with us in depth of tubes/cuts/positioning etc etc sperm present at time of op la la la

Pot was given to us by Surgeon with an attatched paper thingy for us to come back in 4 weeks. He was certain that 9 weeks from the TIME of the OP was enough time to see a decent result..and not wait the 12 weeks :shrug: so we did that.

Oct 22nd.... hubby shot in the pot :haha: I quickly ran it down to the hospital which is only 10 mins away and they literally checked it all 20 mins after I dropped it (the time is on the report)

I havnt a bad word to say about the Spire hospital to be honest they've been great from day one.

My surgeons secretary has been an angel. She has called throughout to confirm dates & follow ups etc

The only thing where they let them selves down I feel is the results are not automatically sent through. You DO have to ask for them ...but any way

We are going to see Surgeon next Wednesday for a talk through bout the results where im sure i'll be more clued up than i am now :haha:

x

It was Ross Hall in Glasgow which is a BMI hospital. Yeah it's really annoying, but hey we just have to do what we can from here. We WILL get there in the end!

:dust:

Yes! we will!! PMA!! :) We went to BMI Park Hospital in Nottingham. Think i'll deff make that call in advance then!!xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->