*VR* Sperm results for us Girls xxxx

we were at spire in worcester. We feel like once they had the money it was in, out & off you go with your pot!
Wasnt even told what to do after op was given a info sheet and told to read it lol..

The consultant said he wanted to see us after SA.
we have to take SA within the 1hr over to worcester general hospital (not the spire) hope we dont get traffic lol..

then 7-9 days after ring consultants secretary to make a appointment to discuss SA results, so im hoping he will tell us in detail.. His bedside manner isnt the best and he scares me a bit :haha: but i shall not be leaving that room without %'s after all that money, and DH discomfort i think were owed it

XX

So interesting how we have all had such different experiences. We had no follow-up AT ALL. OH was given a pot after he came round from the op and told to send in his sample after 12 weeks; pointless really with all they told us from it!

Wish me luck getting OH to see the GP about referring to the NHS hospital for proper SA! He's a procrastinator!

As you's know my dh had his vr done at spire washington tyne and wear, hospital, care, staff and surgeon were all great. No detailed results given but after reading on here that some of you ladie's had gotten detailed results I got dh to ring spire and ask for the details. The hospital put the results in the post this afternoon so hopefully we'll get them by friday :happydance:

Well im pleased this has helped others getting their results :happydance:

Well im pleased this has helped others getting their results :happydance:

DEFINATLY!! thank you. We should all post our results on here so everybody can see (or you can start a VR results thread) lol xx and I can stick the link to the bottom of my conception after vr thread. Teamwork! lol

Ohh yeah do that!

I'll leave the thread making and linking stuff to you (the young ones :rofl:) i aint got a bloody clue! Im surprised I worked out how to put a pic on :rofl:

Ohh yeah do that!

I'll leave the thread making and linking stuff to you (the young ones :rofl:) i aint got a bloody clue! Im surprised I worked out how to put a pic on :rofl:

what ya like!!!??? :rofl: I've made enough blooming threads just lately!! lol I'm actually looking forward to going back to work, it feels like a full-time job since I've been on here I tell ya!! :haha: xx

Be lovely to look back in a years time when we all got our :bfp: and we can see who fell when etc etc ;) be great! x

Be lovely to look back in a years time when we all got our :bfp: and we can see who fell when etc etc ;) be great! x

well we can look back over a nice cuppa whilst our babies play!! coz we so have to meet up sometime, you lot know more about the ins and outs of my DH, his bits and our :sex: life than my actual DH!! :haha: XX

Hahahaha yep!!! Be v v cool that. We'll do that if we all succeed xxx

Lol :haha::haha: that made me laugh (about ur DH bits & :sex: etc...).

... wouldnt it be lovely.... They say pregnancy comes in three's :dust: :dust: :dust::hugs:
Could be a newspaper article if it did happen :)

:happydance: well good thing is we are ok fertility wise ( the girlies) so its good odds!

Gotta be positive! :D

yay!! yay the papers would love that!! :) it'd be nice xx

Hey Girls, is there room for little ole me?

I'm in same situation as you girls, and it's lovely to finally find a thread that I might be able to confide in. I've been a member of B&B for a while and often lurk in TTC and 2ww, but wanted to try and find support for the whole VR process and came across this thread.

My OH had his VR last November (5th) so nearly a year ago now. All went well and we had his first SA through in march this year. The doctor / surgeon said it had been successful and that he would' leave us to it!' Unfortunately still no luck for us and I have been using a Clearblue fertility monitor for last 6 months. I'm starting to lose hope!

My OH SA results were:-

Volume: 7.5ml
Density: 11mill (10^6/ml)
Motility: 78%
Total motile count: 64mill
Progression: 2-3
Abnormals: 62%

They did say his volume was high but this was prob because we 'abstained' for 7 days before collecting sample:blush: which we shouldn't have done!! whoops. I think although density was below WHO levels if you times it by the volume it gives overall count of 82.5mill which from what i've read is good???!! But then i'm no expert.

I think your SA means you have 9mill overall count but of that they are of good quality and as the other girls said, this is brilliant so soon after the op!! And my research says that regular 'off loading' keeps the sperm fresh and healthy so keep getting the :sex: in!

How long were your OH's original v's before you had them reversed? My OH's was 16 years ago so we were warned that chance of success were only around 20% but it's 20 more % than we had before!!!!

Would love to keep in touch with you girls for inspiration / support and if i can help answer any questions I will do!

xx

Hello miniangel :flower:

Nice of you to share your results with us here! Its great to see everyones stories

My hubbies Reversal was in 2004. 6 Years ago. Surgeon gave us a 70-80% success....but in my eyes until I see a :bfp: there is no success ;)

Your results look fantastic ...and im certain you will fall pregnant at some point! They also say the chances go up if you have already had children together? so im not sure if thats gonna help us or not who knows?

I wish you loads a luck! x

Hey long time no see!!!!!!
:flower:

Was thinking hadnt heard from you in a while - - hope things are good x

I'm in same situation as you girls, and it's lovely to finally find a thread that I might be able to confide in. I've been a member of B&B for a while and often lurk in TTC and 2ww, but wanted to try and find support for the whole VR process and came across this thread.

My OH had his VR last November (5th) so nearly a year ago now. All went well and we had his first SA through in march this year. The doctor / surgeon said it had been successful and that he would' leave us to it!' Unfortunately still no luck for us and I have been using a Clearblue fertility monitor for last 6 months. I'm starting to lose hope!

They did say his volume was high but this was prob because we 'abstained' for 7 days before collecting sample:blush: which we shouldn't have done!! whoops. I think although density was below WHO levels if you times it by the volume it gives overall count of 82.5mill which from what i've read is good???!! But then i'm no expert.

I think your SA means you have 9mill overall count but of that they are of good quality and as the other girls said, this is brilliant so soon after the op!! And my research says that regular 'off loading' keeps the sperm fresh and healthy so keep getting the :sex: in!

How long were your OH's original v's before you had them reversed? My OH's was 16 years ago so we were warned that chance of success were only around 20% but it's 20 more % than we had before!!!!

Would love to keep in touch with you girls for inspiration / support and if i can help answer any questions I will do!

xx

hope you get your bfp soon

xx

Welcome to our lil group..
Wooow some great results there :happydance:
My DH Reversal was in 2006... 4 Years ago.
Surgeon gave us a 90% success rate & 79% preg rate
He is 37 and has 3 children.. i'm 28 and have 2 children
this will be our 1st together if all goes well x

these are my dh semen fertility results
date collected 02-06-10
time collected 11.00
specimen 1
time arrived at lab 13.20 time tested 13.30
age of sample 2hrs 30 mins

analysis results
volume 4mls > 2
appearance cream white