Wait for AF before TTC

SMFirst

New mom
Reaction score
Hi girls

The common question: Should you start TTC right away after a MC, or wait til AF shows up, or for several cycles??

Now that my MMC is officially over after several weeks of bleeding, I was tempted to TTC straight away, but I thought about the stress, sadness and frustration I went through from start to end of this MC and that's something I don't want to go through again if I can help it.

I found these word on a website and I wanted to write it in here as both a reminder to myself and maybe to others for why it might be a good idea to wait:

"Many women are discouraged after a miscarriage and rush to try again, without taking the necessary steps to avoid another miscarriage. Don’t try this in a hurry and suffer another pregnancy loss."

After all - what are a few extra weeks if might save you going through misery again??

Hi hon, I waited like normal a second time and it didn't save me. *sign*........... I wished waiting even five solid months would be the cure but I'm afraid its not.

Two miscarriages/now ttc a two and half months and my risk for a 3 is as high as the sky but so is my faith in making it full term.

Sorry you've been through a mc ladies :nope: xxxxxxx

I've ended up waiting 9 months, 9 af's! I was paranoid that my first mc was the result of getting pregnant straight away the same month I came off the pill. Therefore I didn't want to go through a 2nd mc straight after my 1st mc and blame myself all over again!!! For this reason alone I think you're right, it's worth waiting a few extra weeks, but it is your decision xxxxxx

BUT my consultant did tell me I could TTC straight after my mc, even before a period...my body had expelled everything so quickly and all looked well. I just decided not to.

I'm so glad I waited, as about 3 months on from my mc the hurt and pain really hit me, it came up and smacked me in the face worse than the first time round, I don't know why, and it did it again another 3 months later :cry:. Because I've not been sure if I'm ready or not to try again I've just kept busy with other things, I've sort of enjoyed getting to know my cycle (and how messed up it is!) and now I definately feel ready and so positive to try again.

It really depends on how you feel hun, only you really know unfortunately, everybody is different, I know some girls say another new pregnancy helps you get over the first so the sooner the better! But I have to say when people told me to give myself time 'to get over it' it sounded cliched and I didn't think I needed to, but it turned out I definately did. Not to mention how stressed out TTC would have made me on top of it all! xxxxxxx

sorry for your loss i am TTC straight away and that is on the advice of my doctor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->