Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

I'm Jess. Hubby and I plan on waiting to TTC #2 when our daughter turns 3 which will be February 2016. I would love to try earlier but hubby is set on waiting which sucks because we are not getting any younger. I will be 31 in June and he will be 38 in October.

Welcome to the new ladies! It's amazing how quickly 2014 is going, two years will be gone before we know it!

It amazes me how fast time goes by. I can't believe April will be done in a few days.

So many new ladies in the last couple days! Before we know it it will be baby time! In the meantime- what is something that you are really looking forward to doing before trying? For me or is definitely getting into our new house next year! We've been in our current house for 7 years and I'm ready for more space!

Hope the move goes well when you get to it :). We aren't looking to move for probably about 5 more years (been here 3), but looking forward to doing a lot of house updating over the next couple of years before TTC; especially double glazing and *finally* getting a new kitchen. Me and partner 1 will also be looking to pass our driving/get a car before Christmas that will give the three of us so much more freedom!

I want to graduate with my Masters! My husband got his masters from the same college two years ago and I have a picture of him in his gown with me next to the pond. I really want to get the same picture but with me in my gown with him and frame the, next to each other. ^_^ I also have a lot of horse goals for myself and my young'un. I want to get from first to second level in dressage, I want to do a big rated show, and I want to do a dressage test to music (musical freestyle).

I would love to move house before TTC but it'll probably be 10+ years before we can afford another house. I plan on after we have had both children, they are in school, and I am back to work we will sell our current house and get a bigger one. We will definitely be tight in our current house with two plus dogs!

So many new ladies in the last couple days! Before we know it it will be baby time! In the meantime- what is something that you are really looking forward to doing before trying? For me or is definitely getting into our new house next year! We've been in our current house for 7 years and I'm ready for more space!

I want to go into Early Childhood Education next September (2015) and it's a two year program. I think it would be good to finish school before having children but you never know what can happen between now and next year. I also want to move out on my own right now I still live with my mom. It amazes me how much I've come in the past few years. :o If you asked me what I wanted to do then I would of said I don't know.

I want to graduate with my Masters! My husband got his masters from the same college two years ago and I have a picture of him in his gown with me next to the pond. I really want to get the same picture but with me in my gown with him and frame the, next to each other. ^_^ I also have a lot of horse goals for myself and my young'un. I want to get from first to second level in dressage, I want to do a big rated show, and I want to do a dressage test to music (musical freestyle).

I would love to move house before TTC but it'll probably be 10+ years before we can afford another house. I plan on after we have had both children, they are in school, and I am back to work we will sell our current house and get a bigger one. We will definitely be tight in our current house with two plus dogs!

The graduating and horsey goals sound pretty awesome :) Me and my partners are all vintage partner dancers (lindy hop, charleston, blues, etc...) so have a few goals related around that, like camps we all want do do together before babies, and comps me and partner 2 want to take part in together.

And I'd also love to move house before TTC #1 too, but it's just not feasible due to finances and our requirements. The most we could upgrade to is a 4 right now which still won't work long term, so might as well make most of current location. We won't really have a choice between #1 and #2 as our current three bedroom house will be full with two adult bedrooms, baby 1's room and 3 cats, so using that as a time guide to start saving now, since going from a 3 bedroom to a 6 is gonna be a steep climb.

Like Symphony, I also want to complete my Masters. It looks like it might be April or December of 2015 before I have it all done but trying to get it done as fast as I can, mainly for the pay raise to be honest. Our house is a little on the small side as well so would love to build on and do some other renovations before #2 arrives! So much to do, so little time.

Jessica - what are you getting your masters in?

Sounds like you gals have some great goals in mind to accomplish before baby! Can't wait to see you achieve them over the next couple years!

Symphony- the horse goals sound really interesting! How long have you been showing/dressing the horses? (sorry, I don't know the proper vernacular!)

And because I like hearing people's stories- how did you and your OH's meet?

My DH and I have been together since we were 16- we sat by each other in our college biology class in high school. We started dating a couple weeks later but he broke up with me. He started seeing someone else and in that time we became best friends. A couple months later he was single again and in the beginning of December he asked me to try again. I told him I wanted to think about it and made him wait a few hours :) We were saying goodbye to each other that night and I looked up at him and told him I was ready - he took my face in his hands and kissed me for the first time right as it began to snow- one of my favorite memories :) We got married 4 years later (age 20) and have now been married for coming up on 6 1/2 years!

Our last real 'together' goal is to buy a house - and we are moving in next weekend! My last professional goal is to get ongoing employment at the end of next year (I'm on a two year contract).

My OH and I met online in 2011, in person a month later, and then married 19 months later! Love at first byte =P

I've used dating sites before but had no such luck. :shrug:

Last night I had another dream that I was pregnant. I wonder if my mind is trying to tell me something. :haha:

My husband and I also met online in May 2007. I wasn't having much luck meeting anyone in person but I hated the thought of online dating. I was totally against it. One day after class, I caught the bus home. Some old guy had a newspaper in his bag across from me and there was an ad on the page that I could see called nlclassified. I went home and my roommate and I joined. It was a site that you had to pay to message people and I wasn't about to do that but then we noticed that Sundays had happy hour so I waited until Sunday and started messaging people I had an interest in. I got a response from "Dreamline" the next morning. I talked to him the following Sunday for hours and we exchanged email addresses and starting chatting daily on MSN. After a few days of talking, I told my roommate that there was something special about him. Two months later we met in person and started officially dating shortly after. Here we are almost 7 years later with a beautiful little girl, good jobs and a home to call our own. Life has been good! Oh...other than online, we met for the first time in the park!

Wanted to share with those who have a long wait ahead too - we reached one of our major goals pre-baby goals this past week! Moving day was last Friday - we have purchased what we hope will be our home for the next twenty years (or until we pay it off!)!

...I'd be lying through my teeth if I said I hadn't picked out a room to be the nursery already! =P

Congratulations!! That's such a great goal to have and achieve! I started planning out our nursery when we moved into our house many years ago. I think its a fun way to connect with the new place and makes it feel even more like home instead of just a house.

We are WTT until 2016...late 2015 at the earliest. After dealing with 2 under 2 I want to wait until both of mine are old enough to follow directions and somewhat listen to me/help out. Plus we need to sell our house and buy a new one...our current one barely has enough room for the two we have. Due to finances we cant sell until next year. :-(

I made the mistake of going into the baby store yesterday to get my daughter something she needed...I saw bumps everywhere...ugh that was hard.

Great to hear some people have been meeting some of these goals pre TTC :D
So desperate for a baby now :(

So yesterday evening the DH and I went out for dinner. Afterwards he wanted to go and get frozen custard but I was mega full and needed time to digest. So I said can we stop by Babies R Us and just look a round since it was right next door. He said yes and while we were looking he said we need to think about starting to buy some things next year to spread out the purchases! Omg I was so excited! He's always been very supportive of my broodiness, but that was just so amazing to hear that we are getting closer and need to think about that sort of thing.

So we ended up buying a gift for his cousin's wife's baby shower in three weeks, and then a present for his other cousin's wife's baby because we never got them a gift because the baby came right around our wedding last year and it just slipped our minds. So, I got new baby the cutest little onesie that has a crab on it with blue and white stripes. They are team yellow so I thought it was neutral enough. And for big baby I got my first books, Goodnight Moon and a book with different animals and stuff to touch like fur and rough elephant skin. It's cute. And as a teacher I am big into giving books as presents because I figure most people get toys and you can never have enough books!

Just made me super excited. Can't believe in a year I will start taking my vitamins and we will be thinking about buying some stuff. Makes it seem closer than two years away.

That sounds like a step in the right direction. :thumbup: Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->